headphones

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
nicky1
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

headphones

Post by nicky1 »

Hello everyone,
I have been into CB about a year and have a question concerning headphones.

I have a ANYtone 6666 and a Uniden 980. I have a hearing problem and speakers just don't get it for me.

A good friend of mine gave me a set of vintage Archer[Radio Shack] 8 ohm Headphones that he rewired for mono as they were originally stereo. These work fantastic on The Anytone 6666 but not so good on the 980. The volume on the 980 is too high even on the low setting. Is there any way to install a volume control on the headphones just for use on the 980. By the way I found another set on EBAY and just want to set them up for the 980.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
Nicky1
TNT1450
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Re: headphones

Post by TNT1450 »

Yes, maybe install a potentiometer, say about a 10K or 50K, in one side of the headphones and run the audio in to that, then over to the other side for the other ear. Make sure you get an audio taper pot (A) instead of a linear taper pot (B). Or, you could install a resistor at the headphone jack on the Uniden 980 to tame it down a bit. But having a volume control on the headphones would be handy.
Owner
Owner

Re: headphones

Post by »

nicky1 wrote: September 10th, 2023, 11:05 am Hello everyone,
I have been into CB about a year and have a question concerning headphones.

I have a ANYtone 6666 and a Uniden 980. I have a hearing problem and speakers just don't get it for me.

A good friend of mine gave me a set of vintage Archer[Radio Shack] 8 ohm Headphones that he rewired for mono as they were originally stereo.

These work fantastic on The Anytone 6666 but not so good on the 980. The volume on the 980 is too high even on the low setting. Is there any way to install a volume control on the headphones just for use on the 980. By the way I found another set on EBAY and just want to set them up for the 980.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
Nicky1
Hey @nicky11

Step 1: Get your vintage Archer headphones 🎧 and some materials.
Step 2: Open a small box 📦 and make a hole in it.
Step 3: Cut the headphone wires ✂️.
Step 4: Connect one wire to one side of a knob 🔵 and another wire to the middle of the knob.
Step 5: Attach a wire from the other side of the knob to the remaining headphone wire.
Step 6: Put the knob in the hole on the box.
Step 7: Close the box 📦.

Step 8: Plug your headphones into your Uniden 980 CB radio 📻.
Step 9: Start with the knob low 🔉 and turn it up slowly until it's the right volume for you.

⭐Now you have control over your headphone volume with a cool knob! 😄👍

Donate here