Image

Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

This is the place to ask questions about linear amplifiers, or power supplies

Moderator: JR Moderator

User avatar
wild willy
Donor
Donor
Posts: 142
Joined: Saturday, 10 August 2013, 20:32 PM
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill
Location: Baltimore For Now

Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by wild willy » Wednesday, 26 March 2014, 15:19 PM

I know the amp needs a driver, but wouldn't the Stryker 955HPC be enough? Any help would be much appreciated.
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.











I know just enough not to work on my own radios!




User avatar
Savoirfaire
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 759
Joined: Tuesday, 01 January 2013, 15:54 PM
Name: Frank

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by Savoirfaire » Wednesday, 26 March 2014, 16:08 PM

When you have conditions it will be enough.

However, do you use it mobile or base, or both?

Contacts are tougher to make on CB than on amateur bands, except when a rare country comes on and the PILEUPS can be horrendous.

73, Frank 10 X-Ray 47

User avatar
wild willy
Donor
Donor
Posts: 142
Joined: Saturday, 10 August 2013, 20:32 PM
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill
Location: Baltimore For Now

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by wild willy » Wednesday, 26 March 2014, 17:33 PM

Savoirfaire wrote:When you have conditions it will be enough.

However, do you use it mobile or base, or both?

Contacts are tougher to make on CB than on amateur bands, except when a rare country comes on and the PILEUPS can be horrendous.

73, Frank 10 X-Ray 47

I plan on using this in my mobile. I should of just said 4 pill. I hope this clears things up. I don't want to run that at my house, even though I have the means. I just want to have a nice set up in my mobile. 73's back to you, Bill
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.











I know just enough not to work on my own radios!



User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7472
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPhone
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by MDYoungblood » Wednesday, 26 March 2014, 19:47 PM

Is it the 1X4 pill or a straight 4 pill amp? The other thing is was it biased for SSB?

3's

Greg
"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment



Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
wild willy
Donor
Donor
Posts: 142
Joined: Saturday, 10 August 2013, 20:32 PM
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill
Location: Baltimore For Now

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by wild willy » Thursday, 27 March 2014, 18:43 PM

Greg, It says 4pill. This requires a driver.4 pill, 4-2879-400 watts to 1600 watts.
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.











I know just enough not to work on my own radios!




User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7472
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPhone
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by MDYoungblood » Thursday, 27 March 2014, 20:44 PM

It is not a bad amp, don't believe those wattage numbers, they are just blowing smoke up your, well you know. Your radio has enough wattage to run it with no problems. It is not biased unless it has been modified so it will not sound good on SSB.

3's

Greg
"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment



Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sunday, 18 July 2010, 17:54 PM
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by 543FtWorth » Friday, 28 March 2014, 4:56 AM

MDYoungblood wrote:It is not a bad amp, don't believe those wattage numbers, they are just blowing smoke up your, well you know. Your radio has enough wattage to run it with no problems. It is not biased unless it has been modified so it will not sound good on SSB.

3's

Greg
For daily use at normal voltage 500 -600 pep can be be expected depending on drive. I've found a 4 pill to work very well behind a 40-60 watt radio.

The big watt numbers you see on the davemade site are @ 20 volts. If you've ever ran one that way you might feel differently about them blowing smoke. They are competition amps and advertised as such. Not for talking. You scream into the mic for 10 seconds and hope you don't smell smoke.

User avatar
wild willy
Donor
Donor
Posts: 142
Joined: Saturday, 10 August 2013, 20:32 PM
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill
Location: Baltimore For Now

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by wild willy » Friday, 28 March 2014, 18:39 PM

Once again, Thanks to everyone for their input, this is an awesome site! I just sent the radio off to RadioActive Radios for an awakening. The only thing that has been done to it was to unlock it.
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.











I know just enough not to work on my own radios!



User avatar
craig_sez
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Saturday, 28 December 2013, 15:44 PM
Radio: stryker 955
Antenna: predator 10k
Name: Craig
Location: Novascotia Canada

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by craig_sez » Monday, 06 October 2014, 16:42 PM

Found a site once that rated alot of cb shops..RadioActive Radios didnt fair so well in the reviews..Keep me posted on the out come...Looking for an amp for my 955..
My radio was unlocked and dead key at 16 watts and peaked at 120,till it went back to stryker for a chk up..Dead key is 2 watts at best on low and maxed out its about 15 ish..Peak power is now around 70ish..I figured my dosy meter was off so i had it calibrated and the 1000 watt meter was off and thats how i confirmed the low peak..So i had radio test,yeap about 70 ish from its original output..

Waiting to hear back from stryker now..

User avatar
543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sunday, 18 July 2010, 17:54 PM
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by 543FtWorth » Monday, 06 October 2014, 18:08 PM

It will work very well with a 4 pill davemade or any other comp 4 pill that's built right. If you want to use SSB a larger amp with biasing would serve you better and maintain signal quality. Stryker set the radio back to spec. Remember they don't have to limit the output of their illegal radio to keep the FCC happy. If their engineers say it should be ran like this they probably know what their talking about. You can find the service manual on CB tricks if you're interested.

The radio has 4 finals. A pre driver, a driver and 2 finals. They are a bit more robust than the irf520s so sure you can get 50 watts a piece out of them easily. I know a guy getting 50 out of 1 of them in a 29 and he's even pushed it to 70. So there's no doubt in my mind you guys can get 100 watts out of a 955. Why jack up an expensive radio because you're too cheap to buy an amp that will make the power you want? The 955s sound really good and and the waveform looks great when set to spec and ran at a 10 watt carrier. Blow all your toy money on a radio and want more power? Maybe a 29 or 148 for you SSB guys would have made more sense. Seriously ....now that you have a blown out sounding radio you're going to drive the snot out of a class C amp with it. You've spent a lot on the radio and amp to sound like garbage.

It sounds harsh but think about it. Of course the guy at the CB shop (the one taking your money) will just say I'm full of beans and don't know what I'm talking about....he's been in the radio business a long time. Most will believe him as they are paying him for his services.

User avatar
Crusher
Donor
Donor
Posts: 945
Joined: Saturday, 29 July 2006, 17:39 PM
Location: The Bluegrass

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by Crusher » Tuesday, 07 October 2014, 23:33 PM

A 148 is a decent radio and perfect for SSB. That's all you need. I just picked up one of the MK3 radios. Not an am radio. But on SSB. It's good to go. It uses a pair of 13n10 fet's. Does about 45w pep. Perfect SSB radio. AM it does ok. I like it because it is smaller and more compact. All I had to do was tweak the bias and good to go.

User avatar
craig_sez
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Saturday, 28 December 2013, 15:44 PM
Radio: stryker 955
Antenna: predator 10k
Name: Craig
Location: Novascotia Canada

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by craig_sez » Wednesday, 19 November 2014, 18:19 PM

My tx star is not a c class..Yes i know a c class amp is not very well filtered and will scatter all over the bands..
Now the op,his may but i dont know enuf about it..

I only went with a 400 biased amp and had it matched to my radio..Ill drive it with 1.5 watts @ 14 v that can put out about 400 as tested on a bird..Its a hd350 xvd somethin somethin..I forget its lettering but it is a tx star hd350 somethin..

User avatar
543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sunday, 18 July 2010, 17:54 PM
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by 543FtWorth » Wednesday, 19 November 2014, 20:41 PM

craig_sez wrote:My tx star is not a c class..Yes i know a c class amp is not very well filtered and will scatter all over the bands..
Now the op,his may but i dont know enuf about it..

I only went with a 400 biased amp and had it matched to my radio..Ill drive it with 1.5 watts @ 14 v that can put out about 400 as tested on a bird..Its a hd350 xvd somethin somethin..I forget its lettering but it is a tx star hd350 somethin..
What filtering is there in a Texas Star? You are getting 400 watts out of your dx350? If I understand what you're saying it is splattering pretty good. When ran under those conditions the bias voltage is being pulled nearly to ground. You're basically running the pills at double their rating in class C. Sure you're hitting it with a low dead key but what kind of swing does it take to get 400 out? If not that much you might have an oscillation problem Texas Stars are famous for...that really makes a mess on the band.

User avatar
wild willy
Donor
Donor
Posts: 142
Joined: Saturday, 10 August 2013, 20:32 PM
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill
Location: Baltimore For Now

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by wild willy » Thursday, 20 November 2014, 20:54 PM

I might just run a Cobra 25LTD into a 1 pill driver, then into the 4 pill. At 14 volts the 1 pill goes to about 170ish. That setup would work on AM. By the way, the 1 pill has automatic delay for sideband. Just waiting to get my truck fixed by the moving company that hit it. Then I can run my cables.
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.











I know just enough not to work on my own radios!



User avatar
Crusher
Donor
Donor
Posts: 945
Joined: Saturday, 29 July 2006, 17:39 PM
Location: The Bluegrass

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by Crusher » Thursday, 20 November 2014, 23:33 PM

Make sure the 1 pill have variable so you can cut it way back. Or else you will see the 10 and 100ohm smoke

User avatar
wild willy
Donor
Donor
Posts: 142
Joined: Saturday, 10 August 2013, 20:32 PM
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill
Location: Baltimore For Now

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by wild willy » Sunday, 23 November 2014, 8:10 AM

Crusher wrote:Make sure the 1 pill have variable so you can cut it way back. Or else you will see the 10 and 100ohm smoke

Would that smoke be from the 4 pill? I was under the impression that 170W would drive the 4 pill just right.
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.











I know just enough not to work on my own radios!



User avatar
Crusher
Donor
Donor
Posts: 945
Joined: Saturday, 29 July 2006, 17:39 PM
Location: The Bluegrass

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by Crusher » Sunday, 23 November 2014, 13:08 PM

Lol, 170w pep in? Check most 1 pills. 2290 or 1446 , they do about 100-120w pep. Usually a bit less as the input is choked way down. This is to keep from overdriving the 4 pill. I wouldn't use an export radio, just a 29 single final. You can do/ drive as you like. But the cost of pills ain't going down. Otherwise you'll have a doorstop.

User avatar
wild willy
Donor
Donor
Posts: 142
Joined: Saturday, 10 August 2013, 20:32 PM
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill
Location: Baltimore For Now

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by wild willy » Tuesday, 25 November 2014, 21:16 PM

The one pill has a variable. I did see it do over 150w when hooked up to 14.5 volts. I don't claim to know as much as anyone on this site. I'm only trying to get a decent hook up for my mobile. I used to run a Killer Bee HD250 with an HR2510. It worked great 20 years ago:)
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.











I know just enough not to work on my own radios!



User avatar
craig_sez
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Saturday, 28 December 2013, 15:44 PM
Radio: stryker 955
Antenna: predator 10k
Name: Craig
Location: Novascotia Canada

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by craig_sez » Thursday, 27 November 2014, 18:15 PM

543FtWorth wrote:
craig_sez wrote:My tx star is not a c class..Yes i know a c class amp is not very well filtered and will scatter all over the bands..
Now the op,his may but i dont know enuf about it..

I only went with a 400 biased amp and had it matched to my radio..Ill drive it with 1.5 watts @ 14 v that can put out about 400 as tested on a bird..Its a hd350 xvd somethin somethin..I forget its lettering but it is a tx star hd350 somethin..
What filtering is there in a Texas Star? You are getting 400 watts out of your dx350? If I understand what you're saying it is splattering pretty good. When ran under those conditions the bias voltage is being pulled nearly to ground. You're basically running the pills at double their rating in class C. Sure you're hitting it with a low dead key but what kind of swing does it take to get 400 out? If not that much you might have an oscillation problem Texas Stars are famous for...that really makes a mess on the band.

Well my stryker 955 was matched and tested with a bird..Being a non c classed biased amp,does that mean its filtered to NOT splatter....Now im just more or less spouting off the lingo cause i have no clue whats ment by filtering and if the amp has it or not....I was told by two cb guys that my star is an AB classed amp....If i have been reading and understanding some of this tech info a amp thats AB classed is filtered to NOT splatter unlike a c class amp which is nothin more than a flat out power amp for numbers..


Feel free to educate me bud cause im over powering my brain with tryin to learn from sites,aaarl 100th edition book and a aaarl ant book...Im sure im misunderstood some of what i was reading..

User avatar
543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sunday, 18 July 2010, 17:54 PM
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by 543FtWorth » Friday, 28 November 2014, 16:37 PM

craig_sez wrote:
543FtWorth wrote:
craig_sez wrote:My tx star is not a c class..Yes i know a c class amp is not very well filtered and will scatter all over the bands..
Now the op,his may but i dont know enuf about it..

I only went with a 400 biased amp and had it matched to my radio..Ill drive it with 1.5 watts @ 14 v that can put out about 400 as tested on a bird..Its a hd350 xvd somethin somethin..I forget its lettering but it is a tx star hd350 somethin..
What filtering is there in a Texas Star? You are getting 400 watts out of your dx350? If I understand what you're saying it is splattering pretty good. When ran under those conditions the bias voltage is being pulled nearly to ground. You're basically running the pills at double their rating in class C. Sure you're hitting it with a low dead key but what kind of swing does it take to get 400 out? If not that much you might have an oscillation problem Texas Stars are famous for...that really makes a mess on the band.

Well my stryker 955 was matched and tested with a bird..Being a non c classed biased amp,does that mean its filtered to NOT splatter....Now im just more or less spouting off the lingo cause i have no clue whats ment by filtering and if the amp has it or not....I was told by two cb guys that my star is an AB classed amp....If i have been reading and understanding some of this tech info a amp thats AB classed is filtered to NOT splatter unlike a c class amp which is nothin more than a flat out power amp for numbers..


Feel free to educate me bud cause im over powering my brain with tryin to learn from sites,aaarl 100th edition book and a aaarl ant book...Im sure im misunderstood some of what i was reading..
I'm not a real technical guy but I'll do the best I can. A bias circuit supplies power to the base of the transistors to make them conduct or turn them on. The pills in a class C box don't start to conduct until drive is applied, makes a mess on SSB since they are rapidly switching on and off. How much bias current you supply them with determines the class of operation, how much drive they need, how linear they will be and more things that I don't know enough about. Texas Star calling their product AB biased is misleading. There is no voltage regulation, thermal tracking and the whole circuit is done with an few cheap parts as possible. If you change the voltage input to the amp the bias current changes. As the transistors get hot they draw more bias current, that harder you drive them the more bias current they draw. Because of the crummy circuit the voltage from the bias circuit gets pulled lower and lower the longer you talk. If the magic input voltage, drive level and temp is maintained the Texas Star can be a class AB amp. You can test this by connecting a volt meter to the input transformer or the bias supply to it. When you key the amp you'll see around .6 volts DC. Now when you increase the drive and the voltage fals below .6 you are no longer AB.

If your radio is tuned right, producing a clean signal and you aren't over driving the amp you'll be cleaner than most...even with one on those class C boxes everyone loves to hate. There are a few (very few) amps that have a built in low pass filter. Two that come to mind are the little cobra amps and the old messengers. You can always buy a low pass filter and but behind the amp. A really good idea if you have neighbors. A lot of people think that little filter is a get out of jail free card and they can run their stuff as hard as they want and not worry. If you hit that filter with enough harmonics you can fry it. You may never realize it happened but your filter won't be working anymore. You also have to realize this filtering won't help with spurious emission below the cut off point or with IMD.

User avatar
craig_sez
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Saturday, 28 December 2013, 15:44 PM
Radio: stryker 955
Antenna: predator 10k
Name: Craig
Location: Novascotia Canada

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by craig_sez » Saturday, 29 November 2014, 0:50 AM

so long story short if i dont max out the amp and basically take a breath now and then i should be ok..lol..It doesnt have a fan but when i do hook it up ill used a pc (non ballbearing)fan to blow cooler air across the cooling fins of the amp...That would help some if i get on a rant or have to many red bulls ..Right?? lol..

For the most part my radio with no amp does fine for truck to truck or in a parkin lot kinda deal..Just nice to chat a lil further if i wanna..Low pwr dead key is 1.5 watts and maxed out its about 70-80..


Between this radio stuff and learning my digital combat sim stuff my poor ole brain is fried..Thank god i can relax when i go truckin lol..

User avatar
543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sunday, 18 July 2010, 17:54 PM
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by 543FtWorth » Saturday, 29 November 2014, 8:11 AM

You'll be ok but if you drove it light enough to keep it in AB you'd be disappointed in the output. Try the volt meter thing if you're comfortable doing it. If you manually key the amp with no Rf drive the voltage on the base will be around .6 volts. Once drive is applied it's all downhill from there. Hard core Texas Star guys will talk down to someone with a class C "splatter box" all day long but at least the guy with the class C box knows what he has. A fan is always a good idea.

User avatar
craig_sez
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Saturday, 28 December 2013, 15:44 PM
Radio: stryker 955
Antenna: predator 10k
Name: Craig
Location: Novascotia Canada

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by craig_sez » Saturday, 29 November 2014, 18:22 PM

What do you mean by driveing it lite enough...I was to understand that i am to use it at minimal power output of my radio which is aboit 1.5 watts..Once my amp is hooked up its goin direct to the truck batter at 14.1 volts..

Just remember,im really new at this tech lingo so say what you mean in cave man terms..




Question to anyone...Will tuning my ant next to household power lines affect my readings from my mfj259b??? Otherwise i gotta go find an open area out by the highway to tune..What about tuning indoors at company shop garage??

User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7472
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPhone
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by MDYoungblood » Saturday, 29 November 2014, 18:43 PM

craig_sez wrote:Question to anyone...Will tuning my ant next to household power lines affect my readings from my mfj259b??? Otherwise i gotta go find an open area out by the highway to tune..What about tuning indoors at company shop garage??
Don't do it inside, that just doesn't work. How close are the wires? By saying "clear area", that means you only need about 100 feet from the closest structure that could interfere, it doesn't need to be a football field.

3's

Greg
"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment



Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sunday, 18 July 2010, 17:54 PM
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by 543FtWorth » Saturday, 29 November 2014, 18:49 PM

craig_sez wrote:What do you mean by driveing it lite enough...I was to understand that i am to use it at minimal power output of my radio which is aboit 1.5 watts..Once my amp is hooked up its goin direct to the truck batter at 14.1 volts..

Just remember,im really new at this tech lingo so say what you mean in cave man terms..




Question to anyone...Will tuning my ant next to household power lines affect my readings from my mfj259b??? Otherwise i gotta go find an open area out by the highway to tune..What about tuning indoors at company shop garage??
The best thing to do is put a watt meter behind the amp and give it just enough drive to get the rated power out of it. Don't hit it harder than you have to.

For the antenna tuning wide open spaces are the best way to do it. You might be able to tune it around power lines and buildings and it work out but to be sure it's right do it out in the open.

User avatar
craig_sez
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Saturday, 28 December 2013, 15:44 PM
Radio: stryker 955
Antenna: predator 10k
Name: Craig
Location: Novascotia Canada

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by craig_sez » Sunday, 30 November 2014, 11:16 AM

Didnt think doin it in a shop worked although i did see shops do it that way...

The power wires are above me on a pole...

My prob turned out to be smushed coax....Seems when i re routed my own coax i didnt realize that as i was bolting plastics back to the cab i smushed it behind the volvo grab handle on the dash as you get in..

My swr is 1.3-1.4 across the board,resonance goes as high as 6 on the channel 26965 area,0 around the 27100 area and back to 6 in the 27400 area..I also gained 5-6 db on my rec..

-- Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:18 pm --

To add to my last msg here...Think im not gonna bother with my amp till my new truck comes in next month...Its either another volvo or a cascadia..

Then i start the crap all over agin..lol

User avatar
rich33
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Posts: 77
Joined: Wednesday, 01 January 2014, 15:51 PM
Name: Rich
Cell Phone: 4072210533

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by rich33 » Monday, 01 December 2014, 7:35 AM

craig_sez wrote: .What about tuning indoors at company shop garage??

:shock:

User avatar
wild willy
Donor
Donor
Posts: 142
Joined: Saturday, 10 August 2013, 20:32 PM
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill
Location: Baltimore For Now

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by wild willy » Thursday, 12 April 2018, 21:59 PM

Wel,l after a couple of inactive years, I found that my Stryker SR-955HP that was done by Radioactive Radios, looks like there was nothing ever done to it! It had stickers on it saying do not remove or it would void their warranty. Tonight I took off the stickers and opened it up, and I found nothing, just a stock radio! No wonder they went out of buisness! I'd love to run into this dude sometime, It wouldn't be pretty!
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.











I know just enough not to work on my own radios!



User avatar
jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sunday, 10 October 2004, 18:02 PM
Location: Republic of Texas
Referrals: 1

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by jessejamesdallas » Friday, 13 April 2018, 4:48 AM

wild willy wrote:
Thursday, 12 April 2018, 21:59 PM
Wel,l after a couple of inactive years, I found that my Stryker SR-955HP that was done by Radioactive Radios, looks like there was nothing ever done to it! It had stickers on it saying do not remove or it would void their warranty. Tonight I took off the stickers and opened it up, and I found nothing, just a stock radio! No wonder they went out of buisness! I'd love to run into this dude sometime, It wouldn't be pretty!
Hahaha! Maybe better off he didn't stick his Golden screwdriver inside!

[ Post made via Samsung Galaxy S5 Active ] Image
Image
Image
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.



User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7472
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPhone
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: Stryker 955HPC With A Dave Made 400?

Post by MDYoungblood » Friday, 13 April 2018, 5:25 AM

wild willy wrote:
Thursday, 12 April 2018, 21:59 PM
Wel,l after a couple of inactive years, I found that my Stryker SR-955HP that was done by Radioactive Radios, looks like there was nothing ever done to it! It had stickers on it saying do not remove or it would void their warranty. Tonight I took off the stickers and opened it up, and I found nothing, just a stock radio! No wonder they went out of buisness! I'd love to run into this dude sometime, It wouldn't be pretty!
I'm curious as to what you expected to see?

3's

Greg
"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment



Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department




Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests