WELCOME TO THE NEW CBRT FORUM!

Anyone still use a Vintage 23 Channel radio ??

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for. Go ahead and post here.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price
Referrals: 1

Anyone still use a Vintage 23 Channel radio ??

Post by Foxhunter » Thursday, 05 June 2008, 19:24 PM

Hey I was wondering if anyone is using any "Vintage" CB radios? Or still had any 23 Channel CB's still in use? I'm sure alot of guys have one laying "in a CB junk-pile" somewhere, but wondered if anyone's still USING one/any ? I have only a few 40 Channel radio's: several modified Cobra 29's (newer models and also a good Phillipine model) and a Galaxy 99V. **But I have several 23 Channel CB's that are in excellent condition and are in use. I use them for good, clean barefoot drivers as they are unmodified. I talk alot on the lower AM stations anyway.

My new favorite is the Tram Diamond 60 which I recently acquired STILL NEW IN THE ORIGINAL BOX ! with all paperwork :) At the time it was made it sold between $450-$500. It is in mint condition and tests-out OK but will be bringing it in to an Amateur Radio shop for a going-over. Tram made mainly Ham Radio equipment but also this edition of a CB. It is an 11-Meter CB with SSB.

Additionally I have: a Johnson Messenger 323 and a Midland 13-883B. Both fine radios (to me and those listening). I also recently purchased a "base station" (I've always used mobile radios). It is also a 23 Channel CB, a SBE Console by Linear Systems. It also was in it's original box, all paperwork included but can see it has been used (I see 4 Ham Radio Call-Signs labeled on the transceiver). It's on in the background right now as I just hooked it up as an inital test. Getting "all kinds of it" from the deep-south and mid-west on it's "AM" selector right now I guess that radio's been somehow modified for sidebands only (?) I'll have to bring that in as well to see what's been done to it I guess. That also is (SUPPOSED TO BE) an 11-Meter radio with SSB. On a similar vein, I have one old linear amplifier which I use, it's a Palomar Bi-Linear 310M w/SSB.

So, does anyone else have any older CB models in-use ? What are they ? Do your older models (11-Meter) have SSB as well ? I'm not sure at what time they stopped producing standard CB's with SSB before they switched over to the modified/10-Meter radios (?).

I know one guy in particular I work with who is a Connex-guy and snickered when he saw a 23 Channel and told me "not to let anyone see it" or they'll "laugh me out of Dodge". :oops: I like both new and old equipment and the 23 Channels I chose I thought were still good radios. Also, has anyone else owned the Tram Diamond 60, the Johnson Messenger 323 or the SBE Console ? Out of curiosity what are your opinions of these radios ?
Last edited by Foxhunter on Thursday, 05 June 2008, 20:21 PM, edited 2 times in total.

I Remember

4 cycle
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

23 chan

Post by 4 cycle » Thursday, 05 June 2008, 19:47 PM

I use a Johnson Messenger 223 just about every day !! Good old tube radio bought it new way back when. Had to replace a couple of tubes once other then that still works and looks like new!! :D

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

RE 23 chan

Post by Foxhunter » Thursday, 05 June 2008, 21:33 PM

4 cycle wrote:I use a Johnson Messenger 223 just about every day !! Good old tube radio bought it new way back when. Had to replace a couple of tubes once other then that still works and looks like new!! :D

Good I'm glad that SOMEONE is using old vintage makes. Now I think your Johnson is older (naturally) than mine using the tubes. What type of tubes are in the radio ? I know they can be a pain to try and replace. Ham websites seem to speak fondly of them :)

I Remember

djrebel236
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by djrebel236 » Friday, 06 June 2008, 1:14 AM

i just help out a friend of mine hook up his 23 channel radio in his truck, does that count?, i did have 2 last year but got rid of both of them, there are few other folks around my area that still use and talk on the oldie radios...Dj
I'm banned for talking smack!

4 cycle
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

RE 23 chan

Post by 4 cycle » Friday, 06 June 2008, 7:29 AM

The tubes in the 223 are the mini tubes 12au7a,12be6,6be6 dont remember all the numbers but you can still get them I think there are 10 in all I would have to look at the back of the radio to get all the numbers but like I said you can get them and they are not that expensive. :)

Good I'm glad that SOMEONE is using old vintage makes. Now I think your Johnson is older (naturally) than mine using the tubes. What type of tubes are in the radio ? I know they can be a pain to try and replace. Ham websites seem to speak fondly of them :)[/quote]

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Friday, 06 June 2008, 8:20 AM

I have a couple of 23 channel radios, including a Pace 23ch base. It isn't worth anything but I keep it around for fun.

Tram, or formally Tram Diamond, was a top name. I think they were out of Phoenix. I ran a Tram D201a back in the 80's for years. Great stuff, but high maintenance on the tube models these days due to age. I don't think Tram was in the amateur business unless it was under another name.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

4 cycle
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

23 cha

Post by 4 cycle » Friday, 06 June 2008, 9:57 AM

I have a small fan blowing air across the top of my tube radios keeping the heat down helps them last and work longer I think!! :)

WildRoot
Donor
Donor
Radio: Various Galaxies
Name: Charles Austin Miller

Post by WildRoot » Friday, 06 June 2008, 10:46 AM

I've still got the 23 channel that I used back in the late 1970s, a little mobile called a Sharp CB-800. Far as I know it still works. It's crystal-driven, has noise limiter and delta throw switches, volume and squelch knobs, a tiny little power meter and red LED readout. That's it. Still have the stock mike, but the Turner +2 powermike is long gone -- I think I traded it to somebody for an old lawnmower back in the 1980s.

Anyhoo, I used to shoot skip with this little barefoot 4-watt noise box. After I made my first DX contact on it, I brought the radio inside my house, ran a 5/8 wave ground plane on the roof, and then somehow, miraculously shot skip on the thing for several years.

Wow, that brings back memories. Have to dig out the original power regulator and see if it still works.

4 cycle
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by 4 cycle » Friday, 06 June 2008, 11:20 AM

Hey Wild Root hook it up again and have some fun!! You can get Turner SSB 2 Mics on ebay and in my opinion it was one of the best mics Turner ever made!!

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Friday, 06 June 2008, 13:05 PM

Hey thanks so far for the replies so far. I was afraid of a largely negative response like I'd gotten from some of the operators I know personally where I work. I know technology has really changed in the last couple of decades. As in with cars, some only like late-model types, some like old & vintage---and some like both. I'd really like to hear about anyone still using the crystal or tube sets, 23 or even 40 Channel. Don't get me wrong, I still like my Galaxy and Cobra(s)----but I like the older stuff too. Unique and/or odd makes & models are "a thing of the past" for some----but others find them interesting and fascinating. Anyone else got something old in use ?

I Remember

WildRoot
Donor
Donor

RE 23

Post by WildRoot » Friday, 06 June 2008, 13:37 PM

4 cycle wrote:Turner SSB 2 ... was one of the best mics Turner ever made!!

Man, you aint kiddin'... That was a talking mike, I think it was putting out more power than the radio! :lol: I thought about just bypassing the radio and running my coax straight into the Turner +2. Just microphone, coax and antenna. :lol: Hey, it might have worked!

dodgem
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Name: **NON-SPONSOR**

Post by dodgem » Friday, 06 June 2008, 14:02 PM

Yup! I have several Cobra 21X's that I have been using for years. I have recently done a bunch of mods to them so I can maybe sell a few of them off. I just have too many laying around here. Most of my talking is done on the lower AM channels as well, so, I never pass up a good deal on good used 23.

Thanks,

**NON-SPONSOR**.com

4 cycle
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

23 chann

Post by 4 cycle » Friday, 06 June 2008, 15:13 PM

You will only get negative responses from those who do not know any better!! There is all kinds of info on these stupid computers you just need to look !!! :lol:

928bolo
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by 928bolo » Friday, 06 June 2008, 16:44 PM

Since I'm an old fart I still have and use many old 23 channel rigs. I even a few with just a 5 or 6 channels (White face Johnson, Sonar model E)

In addition the the Cobra Cam 88 below (I use it every day) I have a SBE Console II, Sonar FS-23, Tram Titan II, Hy-Gain 623, Tram 201, and Robyn T-123.

I enjoy these old rigs. Especially the tube radios.

SMOK-N-GUN 211
Donor
Donor

Post by SMOK-N-GUN 211 » Friday, 06 June 2008, 18:21 PM

I still use my browning Eagle 23 ch tube -It still rocks since 1966 :lol:
WITH GREAT POWER, COMES GREAT
$$$--RESPONSIBILITY--$$$

HI-TECH
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by HI-TECH » Friday, 06 June 2008, 18:55 PM

i run a TRC-30a for a base and i love it...
-------------------------------------------------------

MoJo
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Uniden 68, TR 696FD1
Home Phone: 2314211186

Post by MoJo » Friday, 06 June 2008, 19:02 PM

I run a Cobra 139 some times.

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Saturday, 07 June 2008, 0:57 AM

Ok well there are a few of us that use some of the more unusual radios. I'm glad it's not totally a thing of the past. I really like to see some different radios then the same dozen or so radios that we all seem to be running. Like I said before I have a few of the newer models too but there's something about owning something that not everyone else is using. I appreciate "the comebacks". Roger Wilco.

I Remember

swampsmoker
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by swampsmoker » Saturday, 07 June 2008, 16:38 PM

Hello Everyone

I have an old Ray Jefferson 23ch that still works. I believe my dad got it in the middle 70's . Still works fine.

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Saturday, 07 June 2008, 16:54 PM

swampsmoker wrote:Hello Everyone

I have an old Ray Jefferson 23ch that still works. I believe my dad got it in the middle 70's . Still works fine.

Hey that's a coincidence I just saw a 23-Channel Jefferson at a flea-market today. I'm not too sure how plentiful parts would be on a Ray Jefferson model. I hadn't heard of or saw one until this morning. If it was your Dad's then keep it, some day it'll have a different type of value. I've still got the one my mom had used in the 60's and 70's and it'll always be "my first & favorite" radio. :wink:

I Remember

Black Lightning
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: '78 Cobra 2000 GTL
Antenna: Super Penetrator
Name: Gary

Post by Black Lightning » Saturday, 07 June 2008, 18:14 PM

My first true base radio was a Realistic Navaho TRC-30A. It was a smoking radio, the fact it was 23 ch am-only meant nothing to me since our hangout channel was 11 - 27.085! It had a real nice quality audio on the receive, although it was a little scratchy. I've also had a Cobra CAM-89 and the TRC-30A was IMO a better radio.

Mobile equipment that I've had includes a Pace 123A, and a couple of SBE sidebander II radios, which were neat because they had blue/green meters and lights.

WildRoot
Donor
Donor

Post by WildRoot » Sunday, 08 June 2008, 0:08 AM

Black Lightning wrote:My first true base radio was a Realistic Navaho TRC-30A. It was a smoking radio...

Wow. The first CB-girl I ever dated in the 1970s ran a Realistic Navaho. She lived about a half-mile away from me, and when she was cranked up I couldn't hear or get out worth a damn. Of course, when I keyed up I could plug her ears, too, so we fought a lot at first. But then, you know, one thing led to another and we started dating and everybody was talking about the WildRoot Kid and Crazy Baby (her handle). Really hot girl. When I visited her or she visited me we'd get on the same radio together, and that really pissed off her boyfriend-wanna-bees.

But, you know, all good things come to an end, and we finally broke up after about six months. Man, I was plenty glad to get out of that relationship -- because Crazy Baby really was crazy! Like, certifiably insane.

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Sunday, 08 June 2008, 12:58 PM

Must've been that "Wildroot Cream-Oil" went to (into?) her head

I Remember

WildRoot
Donor
Donor

Post by WildRoot » Sunday, 08 June 2008, 22:46 PM

No, I think she was crazy before that. :lol:

rodeojunkie
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by rodeojunkie » Monday, 09 June 2008, 5:31 AM

I still keep a couple of "older" radios in my truck all the time.

I have one the first radios i ever bought new...1973 model 23 channel Royce 600 as well as a couple of other radios i picked up along the way. I like to hook them up sometimes when i am on the road (mostly when i'm away from the big cities) and talk on them. I always get some interesting responses from other drivers...mostly they say things like that radio sounds "different" than most radios i hear.

I also have an old Midland 23 channel and an old "green face" Regency marine radio/CB that is a lot of fun to play around with.

I seem to remember a post on here about someone who collects old radios that are new in the box but i cant seem to find the post...i DEFINITELY need to talk to that person.

Sheriff Bart
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Sheriff Bart » Saturday, 14 June 2008, 8:32 AM

I have an SBE Console II 23 channel AM SSB. I use a Turner M 3 mike with it. The audio on these SBE's BOOM !!! When skip dies down I use it for most of my local talking.

73's
The world is a cold free toilet

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Saturday, 14 June 2008, 19:51 PM

Sheriff Bart wrote:I have an SBE Console II 23 channel AM SSB. I use a Turner M 3 mike with it. The audio on these SBE's BOOM !!! When skip dies down I use it for most of my local talking.

73's

There are a number of guys on the Forum here that have various SBE Consoles. I just got a SBE Console (1st version though not the II) and seems good. The only thing I see is that the clock on it isn't working at this time-------real good receive it picks up much more than the other radios right beside it.

Hey----what's a see siggy (?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To that Rodeojunkie----------Some of those older Uniden's are fine radios, one of mine is one of my favorites. What's the frequency range on that Regency marine CB out of curiosity?

For ALL my 23 Channels I have:

SBE Console AM/SSB
Midland 13-883B
Tram Diamond 60 AM/SSB
Johnson Messenger 323
Lafayette HB-750
Royce 1-600B
And one unknown model "stashed in the attic".....

I Remember

gramps
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by gramps » Saturday, 14 June 2008, 21:53 PM

yea,i have bunch of old 23 ch.radios one for instance,realistic mini23 mic is hard weired it is kickin it.

dodgem
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Name: **NON-SPONSOR**

Post by dodgem » Tuesday, 17 June 2008, 17:34 PM

anyone interested in buying a nice Cobra 21X or two I have 2 on ebay right now and if they don't sell there then I'm gonna hock them at the flea market this weekend. One has blue LED's and yellow jewel knobs and the other has yellow dressage, all P&T 20 PEP with talk back.

**NON-SPONSOR**.com

Secret Squirrel
Donor
Donor
Radio: K40 CB '80s style
Name: Joe Husk

Post by Secret Squirrel » Tuesday, 17 June 2008, 17:50 PM

I got a Pearce-Simpson Pussycat Base CB, with a Turner 360DM mic that I been running.
Secret Squirrel

"Talking to the USA from my old pappy's CB"

bluestallion
Donor
Donor

Post by bluestallion » Tuesday, 17 June 2008, 18:08 PM

I'm running a cobra 138 23 channel radio with usb and lsb on it also. Works great!!!

G-Golly Wally
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Old School 2950
Name: Mike

Post by G-Golly Wally » Tuesday, 17 June 2008, 19:42 PM

I have a JCPenny Pinto 23Ch, Haven't used it in a long time . My Dad bought it in 1976, so I'll all ways keep it, All ways got good reports when I keyed it up.

Slim Jim
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Slim Jim » Tuesday, 17 June 2008, 20:50 PM

I've got a few old Kraco's and JC-Penny radios out in my shed. They don't see the light of day much, but every now and then, I get curious and plug one up! It's always good to look back and remember where you came from... :)

Magnetron
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by Magnetron » Friday, 03 October 2008, 23:48 PM

New here, hello :). My daily user here is an SBE ConsoleII & Turner +2 mic. Gets good reports everywhere it talks. My favorite 23ch. of all time is the Johnson Messenger 250. They sound great and they just look cool....

Peace.
- Darrell

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Sunday, 14 December 2008, 21:43 PM

Magnetron wrote:New here, hello :). My daily user here is an SBE ConsoleII & Turner +2 mic. Gets good reports everywhere it talks. My favorite 23ch. of all time is the Johnson Messenger 250. They sound great and they just look cool....

Peace.
- Darrell

Never saw this post until tonight and wanted to say welcome on the CBRT Forum you'll find alot of good info and good people. That SBE Console II is a great base radio! I have one myself and worked my first real DX on that radio. That Turner +2 mic is definitely one of the old mic legends, a well-liked and respected base mic considered great by many. I've got a couple of the Turner +3's and one Turner 454x mic. I'd like to get a Turner +2 at some point myself. Combined with that SBE Console II I'm sure you have a decent sounding home station! Hope to see you post more------Mr. Magnetron!

Here's my SBE Console II......

Other Pic's......
http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/foxhunter351/

I Remember

freightliner06
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by freightliner06 » Monday, 15 December 2008, 15:08 PM

I have a box of 23 channel radios in the basement.... Anybody in CT want them????

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Monday, 15 December 2008, 16:27 PM

I have a Cobra 135 that was my grandfathers, works great except for the "digital flip" clock. I also have a Knight kit radio that is a 6 channel crystal radio, it was my first rig, it needs a power transformer, maybe one day I will fix it.

The Toolman
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by The Toolman » Monday, 15 December 2008, 17:46 PM

I'm lookin to find me a mint Courier Royale. It was the first cb I talked on when I was a young teen in the early 60's. My buddys dad bought it new an a A/S Super Mag. Everybody he talked to said it sounded great.
Missed one that was mint in the box on ebay awhile back, went for $105.00. I thought it ended a day later than it did an I hadn't bid on it yet.

I do still have my 640 Royce 23 channel am/ssb base an D-104 I bought new in the 70's, and it still talks an HEARS almost as good as my new Galaxy DX 2547 base.

Ron

Git_R_Done
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by Git_R_Done » Monday, 15 December 2008, 22:28 PM

The Toolman wrote:I'm lookin to find me a mint Courier Royale. It was the first cb I talked on when I was a young teen in the early 60's. My buddys dad bought it new an a A/S Super Mag. Everybody he talked to said it sounded great.
Missed one that was mint in the box on ebay awhile back, went for $105.00. I thought it ended a day later than it did an I hadn't bid on it yet.

I do still have my 640 Royce 23 channel am/ssb base an D-104 I bought new in the 70's, and it still talks an HEARS almost as good as my new Galaxy DX 2547 base.

Ron

I've been thinking about getting a Galaxy DX 2547 base, how do you like yours Toolman

cgtahoeguy
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by cgtahoeguy » Monday, 15 December 2008, 22:52 PM

I found a Citizen 23 ch with upper & lower sideband & Audiovox MCB-40 channel that i'll have to shake the dust off and see if they'll work for the wife's 2001 f150 & my 2002 Tahoe.

Bill
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Vintage Radios

Post by Bill » Tuesday, 16 December 2008, 3:12 AM

Yes.

I have many. I just finished repairing a Courier 23. Does anyone remember that one?

I visit many hamfests throughout the year and see many of these radios. I once had the matching Couirer business band linear and it was destroyed during a roof replacement on my house. The company took the old roof shingles off and it rained that night. Water came into the storage room. I had actually repaired this amplifier and replaced the transformer with one that was too big for the case- and it worked find. I also converted it so it had a delay for sindeband on 10-meters. It was a nice amp.

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Tuesday, 16 December 2008, 16:05 PM

:arrow: There many good quality radios built at the time in those days, and some "not so good" radios as well. Still there are many fine examples of 23 Channel radios that were made of very high quality, and still work & sound excellent. I know that some view a 23 Channel as junk, and some are----but certainly not all. A number of these radios were very expensive to purchase at the time----and not "in todays dollars" either.

For example, two of the radios below:
:arrow: The Tram Diamond 60 to purchase almost 35 years ago? $399.99. Translate that into todays dollars using the standard Consumer Price Index? $399.99 in 1975 translates to $1,540 in todays currency!!!

:arrow: The Lafayette HE-20T? Was one of the best CB's ever produced for Lafayette. It was $179.99 in the early 1970's. Translate that into todays dollars using the Consumer Price Index? $840!!!

:arrow: I'm not saying they are worth that much or even more now as antiques, but am saying that many of these rigs were certainly not "cheap" or inexpensive to buy, nor were they cheaply made. Not "just anyone" could afford that kind of money back then, it was alot. Their cost then and value now depends on who made them and which models they are.

:arrow: I don't have access to much of my gear still due to the whole moving process and I can't rely on memory only to come up with what I have total, but here below are a few of my Vintage 23 Channel Radios in the collection. Anyone else still owning (and especially running!) these radios I encourage to list what you still have. Or even what you fondly recall as "one of the better pieces" you've owned in the past! That's a shame what that last poster described that had happened to that Courier amplifier----I hate hearing things like that, really.

Some of my Base Station Rigs
Hy-Gain SingleSideband 623
Johnson Messenger 132
Johnson Messenger 250
Lafayette HE-20T
Lafayette HE-45B
SBE Console Sidebander
Courier Caravelle II
Pearce Simpson (Gladding) Lynx 23
Pearce Simpson (Gladding) Bearcat 23B
Cobra (Dynascan) 139
Realistic Navaho TRC-23B
Siltronix (Swan) 1011C ----not just 23 but still vintage

Some of my Mobile Rigs
Tram Diamond 60
Tram Daimond 60 10M
SBE Cortez
Lafayette HB-750
Lafayette Micro-6 (6 channel only radio)
Johnson Messenger 323
Courier Classic II
Sears SSB 934

There are quite a few more here but these are some cool rigs. I hope to see some others post some of these old and often decent 23 Channel Radios.

Foxhunter

I Remember

Night Crawler
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

RE Vintage Radios

Post by Night Crawler » Tuesday, 16 December 2008, 16:58 PM

Bill wrote: I just finished repairing a Courier 23. Does anyone remember that one?
I once had the matching Couirer business band linear

I had the Courier 23 and that amplifier the BL-100 if that's the same amp you have it had a pair of 12JB6's when I was a kid back in the 60's.

baggie
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by baggie » Tuesday, 16 December 2008, 17:57 PM

I have a squires-sanders Admiral base station,it has it`s own base mic. i fire it up once in a while.

BB
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by BB » Thursday, 18 December 2008, 8:22 AM

I have my Grandfather's old 23 channel ROMAR. It powers up but doesn't recieve or transmit. Anyone else have a ROMAR? :)

Leiffi
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Many SS3900:s
Name: Teemu

Post by Leiffi » Friday, 09 January 2009, 8:12 AM

i have plenty of old 22 + 11A channel radios.. They are in hard use around here because most of the calling channels are 7 or 20 FM.. On some areas in finland the calling Channel is 31 FM so you need new Cb-radio for that.. But in the Lapland and so the "old time" radio is used very often :)

I would say that most of "old" radios (made in japan) are more better than the new ones what are assembled and builted on China/Korea etc.. :P

Mr B
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Mr B » Friday, 09 January 2009, 9:03 AM

Hey ... them old radios work just as good as they did when they were new.
They just lack some of the features that most people want.
Some of them have better receivers that some of the modern radios.
I say ... if you like running the old stuff ... then go for it.

It is kinda nice at night to turn down the room lights, kick back with a cold one, and admire that warm golden glow of a tube radio.
Makes ya feel kinda warm and fuzzy on the inside ... :P .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic