how to take out driver

This is the forum for asking questions about linear amplifiers or power supplies.
SMOK-N-GUN 211
Donor
Donor

how to take out driver

Post by SMOK-N-GUN 211 »

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN , HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU TAKE A DRIVER PILL OUT , WELL LET ME REVISE THIS QUESTION .

HERE'S THE DEAL --- I HAVE A TNT 600 PLUS , I WANTED TO KNOW IF I TAKE OUT THE DRIVER AND RUN A 2 OR 3 PILL INTO IT WITH 3 BATTERIES WILL THIS WORK & WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY OF DOING THIS IN EASY TERMS FOR THIS LITTLE DUCK ---LOL-- IS THERE SOME SORT OF STEP BY STEP WAY THAT ONE OF YOU SUPER TECHS COULD HOLD MY HAND THROUGH THIS SURGERY AND EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS DONE FOR ME. I JUST WOULD LIKE TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS 8 PILL I CAN ,WITHOUT SPENDING MORE MONEY . I HAVE PLENTY OF BATTERY POWER SUPPLY THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM. DO I NEED TO DO SOME KIND OF MOD TO THE AMP OR CAN I JUST PULL THE DRIVER PILL & HOOK UP ANOTHER 2 OR 3 PILL AND DRIVE THAT INTO IT ? ANY HELP MUCH THANKS .
SMOK-N-GUN 211
Donor
Donor

Post by SMOK-N-GUN 211 »

many have looked, But nobody wants to help THANKS GUYS.
I'll just do some research so I do not blow anything up.
copyguy
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by copyguy »

I looked, but I don't have an answer. I wish I did!

Good luck on your search! Give it a little time too, eventually someone who knows may stop in with an answer.
BtyMONSTER

Post by BtyMONSTER »

psycho

Re: how to take out driver

Post by psycho »

SMOK-N-GUN 211 wrote:TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN , HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU TAKE A DRIVER PILL OUT , WELL LET ME REVISE THIS QUESTION .

HERE'S THE DEAL --- I HAVE A TNT 600 PLUS , I WANTED TO KNOW IF I TAKE OUT THE DRIVER AND RUN A 2 OR 3 PILL INTO IT WITH 3 BATTERIES WILL THIS WORK & WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY OF DOING THIS IN EASY TERMS FOR THIS LITTLE DUCK ---LOL-- IS THERE SOME SORT OF STEP BY STEP WAY THAT ONE OF YOU SUPER TECHS COULD HOLD MY HAND THROUGH THIS SURGERY AND EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS DONE FOR ME. I JUST WOULD LIKE TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS 8 PILL I CAN ,WITHOUT SPENDING MORE MONEY . I HAVE PLENTY OF BATTERY POWER SUPPLY THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM. DO I NEED TO DO SOME KIND OF MOD TO THE AMP OR CAN I JUST PULL THE DRIVER PILL & HOOK UP ANOTHER 2 OR 3 PILL AND DRIVE THAT INTO IT ? ANY HELP MUCH THANKS .
If it had been an amp with a built in driver like a Worldwide, East Coast, Davemade, Xforce, FatBoy, No Name, Skywalker ect.......it would be simple. A stock amp like a TNT is a different story.
SMOK-N-GUN 211
Donor
Donor

Post by SMOK-N-GUN 211 »

THANKS I'LL DEAL WITH IT LATER, I DO NOT NEED THAT KIND OF POWER BUT I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT'S THE RIGHT WAY, SEEMS LIKE YOU COULD JUST TAKE OUT THE DRIVER THAT IS BUILT IN AND REPLACE WITH A SEPARATE AMP 2 OR 3 PILL . OH WELL THANKS GUYS & GALS . 211 LOOKING FOR THE 411-LOL-
trip7downunder
Donor
Donor

Post by trip7downunder »

Sell it on eBay and buy an eastcoast amp. Why bother playing with something that you could totally destroy. Go Eastcoast and you wont go wrong. Cheers
SMOK-N-GUN 211
Donor
Donor

Post by SMOK-N-GUN 211 »

THANKS I'LL LOOK INTO THAT , DO YOU HAVE SOME INFO ON THEM, OR SHOULD I TRY XFORCE? WITCH IS BETTER. :?:
tonyhatchetman
Donor
Donor
Handle: Hatchetman
Call Sign: KE5RTC
Antenna: Omni sirio 2016
Radio: mine lol

Post by tonyhatchetman »

they are both great amps but you can take driver out of the TNT with a bit of know how i have a tech here he is really good he can do that for ya if it were mine i could do it but i really don't like to mess with other peoples stuff I'm no tech by no means but i know some
SMOK-N-GUN 211
Donor
Donor

Post by SMOK-N-GUN 211 »

NEVER MIND I FOUND THE INFO ON EAST COST-THANKS 73rds to ya.
trip7downunder
Donor
Donor

Post by trip7downunder »

Only info i have on them is from personal experience. Just bought 16 pill of em and free postage and great service is another. Im in Australia so lets just say after reading all the posts on the eastcoast section in this forum and personal experience i am right behind them. My 16 is peakin 2200 watts on my standard alt and i know i have way not enough power but i ordered a leece and reg so prob will be solved. Quality built and no doubt a good amp. Cheers im gone
psycho

Post by psycho »

SMOK-N-GUN 211 wrote:NEVER MIND I FOUND THE INFO ON EAST COST-THANKS 73rds to ya.
A TNT 600 Plus really won't show big watts no matter what you do. The older 600s had 1 mrf455 (60 watt) driving 8 MRF492 (90 watt).
The newest 600 Plus amps have 1 SRF2072 (60) driving 8 generic 80 watt pills.