CB Handles

This forum is for general discussions, and you are welcome to post in this forum if you are not able to find the right place.
Big Guns

CB Handles

Post by Big Guns »

locally I go by Gunner, because when I was in the navy I worked on the Big Guns on the ships and everybody called me guns or gunner so when I got into cbing I decide to use it. When talking DX I go by 838 which is for Ralph, Dale & Dale Earnhardt.Well thats my story, it's not much but I'm sticking to it.
Choirboy

Post by Choirboy »

I've used Choirboy as a User ID on the internet for 13 years, so it came naturally to mind as a CB handle. I have a music degree and have been singing in choirs since I was a kid. I love Anglican Church Music, especially that in the English choral tradition from cathedrals and collegiate chapels.

"What the f**k?" you may think :twisted:! I'm also interested in guns, sailing, radios (obviously) and conservative politics. My politics are completely in synch with the great men who founded this nation of ours, but for that I would be called a far-Right-wing fringe lunatic in today's political climate.

I like "Choirboy" because it keeps people wondering. I could have chosen "Sailorboy" for the same effect....

NO GOOD BUDDIES HERE!
Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

Well, my original CB handle was "Channel Master" which I used until the 1980's. But when my former best friend & business partner stole my girlfriend, I decided to get even by stealing his CB handle ("Roadrunner")
I've used Roadrunner even since.
:)
bosshog

Post by bosshog »

well the story behind my handle aint much but here goes. it from my best Friends dad he was really bad with first names so everyone had a nickname.so a month or so after meeting his parents we were at the dinner table and i was asked to lend 20 bucks to a Friend of mine and to witch hastily replied NO. and i am also a bit n the bigger side and also bald and at the time i drove a big white ford car and well after dinner my buddies dad said he had my nickname picked out and it was BOSS HOG or J.D. Hog form dukes of hazzard. i am short fat bald and kinda greedy with my money so it has just always stuck.
family guy

Post by family guy »

my very first handle was FLORIDA SURFER. I picked it up when i was in high school back when. had it for about 4 yrs till i joined the Air Force where I earned the new handle of Family Guy. The guys in the heavy equipment shop a.k.a. DIRTBOYZ at Lackland AFB told me that i didn't live the Fla surf life style anymore and i was more of a corny family guy. the handle grew to me and after 10Yrs, Everywhere that i have been Korea, Iraq, Kuwait, North Freezing cold Dakota, the name has always followed me. No bout a doubt it I'm a family guy for sure. 4-life
mullet

"Family Guy"

Post by mullet »

Thats a good thing. 8)
SmallTruckBigRadio

Post by SmallTruckBigRadio »

My CB handle "GatorBait" was given to me by my co-workers because a supervisor with the nickname of "Gator" used to harass me alot, and I am originally from South Louisiana. Lots of alligators down there.
Oh, and a girl said she liked the way it sounded better than my old handle. Need I say more?
Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier...not *that* kinda buffalo soldier...

Post by Buffalo Soldier »

This one is easy: my handle is an ironic play on words. I got back into CB (early interest was in my pre-teen years) when I was in the army. My hometown was Buffalo...and I was a soldier....Buffalo Soldier...note that I never use the handle when I'm *in* Buffalo. Of course I'm an irish/german mix, so that's where the irony comes in.
I use 229 for numbers, as that was my first Unit in the military...229th Signal Company, Camp Carroll, based in Waegwan, South Korea.
Big Guns

Post by Big Guns »

BuffaloSoldier, where you at in southern Maryland? I live in King George across the 301 bridge.
animlmed

Post by animlmed »

So what if you are just getting in to CB radios? I've listened in the past, but never really talked much on them (it was entertaining to just listen). What does a NOOB do for getting a handle? Do you give yourself one? Is that too conceited? Or is that the best thing to do??
short fuse

Post by short fuse »

I gave myself one,I don't think it's concieted.you gotta be called something!

I'd like to know where buffalo soldier is down here too! i'm in Calvert.
grease monkey

Post by grease monkey »

got the name "grease monkey"cause well I'm a mechanic and I'm always greasy.i needed a handle and one night at the shop me and a few friends were messing around.well my buddy looked at me when i crawled out from under his work truck and said "GREASE MONKEY" is your handle.and well its stuck now so no sense in trying to change it i guess.
Last edited by grease monkey on October 22nd, 2006, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Guns

Post by Big Guns »

Buffalo soldier is in charles county, LaPlata. I am across the 301 Bridge in King George, VA.
Bozo
Owner
Owner
Handle: Bozo
Antenna: Monkey Made MM9
Radio: General Lee Radio

Why You a Bozo?

Post by Bozo »

CB Handle: Bozo The Clown

Well, I got started due to one of my high school buddies, Coast to Coast, getting a CB Radio. Got my first radio, a Cobra 19 Plus, with a Radio Shack Magmount. One of the days after he told me I needed a handle. I asked him, "What is a handle?". He told me that it was a nickname. I started with suggestions... like: Ranger, Nightrider, Spuddy. All my friend thought that these were stupid suggestions.... and told me that I was just a F'n Bozo. I just told him that would work for me, and have been a Bozo since. I have went by alliases like, "The Lazy Boy Mobile", "Mr. Couch Potato", and my favorite... "Mother Nature's Pimp".

SIR MIX ALOT (AKA - PRIME MINISTER, WA)
SIR MIX ALOTS "BUMP IT DOWN"
BUMP IT DOWN.zip 2.31 MB

SIR MIX-A-LOT "No Excuses on Da Bowl"
No Excuses Bowl.zip 17.2 MB

SIR MIX-A-LOT "BIG JOHNSON"
Big Johnson.zip 8.55 MB[/size]

Donate here

Rusty Runner

Handles

Post by Rusty Runner »

When I first got in to Radio I had a car that was rusty. So Rusty Runner was born :D
trumpdriver

Post by trumpdriver »

Back in the Johnson Messenger days I went by the handle of "Plowboy" having been born and raised on a farm. Some years later I heard the handle being used and dropped it. I was working with a car crushing company taking off tires and also as a tire man in a pit crew. My buddies started calling me "Lugnut" and it has stuck through the years. I also use "Trumpdriver" after the Triumph motorcycle which was nicknamed "Trumpet" I drove the Triumph Motorcycle showtruck for 2 years. Most people on the road know me as "STUPID" and they are always talking to me.....like shutup stupid.....go back to bed stupid :D :D
Phaze91460

Post by Phaze91460 »

STUPID ?

wait ! I remember one of those !
187 Outlaw

187 Outlaw.......Self Explanatory

Post by 187 Outlaw »

187 Outlaw

My handle is self explanatory. It is really probably known Worldwide as people send me email from as far as Scotland, Austraila, and Hawaii. They tell me they hear me Broadcasting on the The Super Bowl. Its really amazing what Mother Nature will allow you to do.

187------This is the Universal Police Code for Homicide, Murder,
and Intentional Death.

Outlaw-----An Outlaw is a person who does what he wants, takes
what he wants, and doesn't care who gets hurt or
killed in the process.

Now when you put the two words together in the CB Radio Wars it means this, When I key that maul down on my Northeast Corner Test Dummies with my East Coast Amplifiers, I am commiting Mudduck Murder on these So Called Superstar Wanna Be's. It's Nothing they can do about it except take whatever punishment I feel like dishing out to them at that particular time. I've been doing it for years now, Seems like one of them would step up to the challenge that I present them and take me out! Not in this lifetime, Probably not in the next life either.

The boys in the Northeast Corner talk a lot of Smack on how bad they are and what they can or what they gonna do. Talk is cheap, just like their mudduck radio equipment. The boys should bring it to me, Just don't sing it to me. I am out there always, very easy to find, Your future is really going to be just like your past, a failure! You couldn't get the job done before, and you certainly won't get it done during this next DX Cycle, in about 5 years, which for some of you will be your last, Because you won't be here when the next Cycle comes along in about 20 years.

Peace
187 Outlaw :twisted: [/b]
Mister Heat

Re: Handles

Post by Mister Heat »

Rusty Runner wrote:When I first got in to Radio I had a car that was rusty. So Rusty Runner was born :D
Hey Rusty Runner:
Are you in the Twin Cities Metro ? Good to see more posters from Minnesota on the forum.
causmik
Donor
Donor

Handles

Post by causmik »

CAUSMIK Last name Caus**** and first name Mik*. Thought it appropriate as I am a bit of a space case. Peace, Love and Bobby Sherman. If you remember the 60's then you weren't there.
lonestarbandit

Post by lonestarbandit »

well you might think mine was unoriginal at 1st but theres a story to it... i went by bandit....but the reason is this.... when my dad was teaching me how to drive in a stick shift car i unlike most never stalled it... instead i did from the get go a fairly passable imitiation of don garlitts which prompted my father to explode with jeese who do you think you are smokey and the bandit???? those are new tires!!!! at any rate the rest was history untill a divorce and i moved to texas from washington state and hence became ......the "lonestarbandit"

73s!
SNAKE BYU1

Post by SNAKE BYU1 »

When i was younger i was always the smallest person so when i was old enough to do some hunting my dad bought me my first shotgun it was a 410 named snake charmer thats what i originally started with and evently dropped the charmer and just kept snake.
Stoneman
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: Stoneman
Antenna: One Shot Dipole
Radio: Cobra 2000 GTL

Post by Stoneman »

Back in my school dayz. We'd skip school, go smoke some bud. Head back for lunch, and all I used to hear was, hear come's Stoneman!. That was many years ago...Been with me ever since.. :wink:
diralect

Post by diralect »

Well, my handle in my hometown is "Old Mill" cause, for whatever reasons, was what my dad drank, so is what I could sneak. ;)

When I got to Norfolk, my first duty station there (sold my radio setup that I had before I left for boot camp), I got another radio setup after I had just went to see the executive officer for some BS call (yeah still bitter about it in a way) due to "dereliction of duty". So, derelict is my handle, I spell it diralect to add to the humor of that day. For those familiar with seeing the executive officer, it got tossed out at the XO, didnt have to see the old man.

Wish I had a more interesting story lol.. but thats it.
y2rescue109
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Sweet T

Post by y2rescue109 »

Sweet T <--My cousin gave me the name a few years ago when i was bout 15/16. we used to go play flag football at a local field with some friends, and one day i got past this guy who was suppose to be defending me and I was wide open and scored a touchdown and my cousin yelled out Sweet T baby, Sweet T and sometimes he calls me T i guess for short but most people just call me Sweet T.