roger beep tone mod

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
audio boy

roger beep tone mod

Post by audio boy »

hi i was wondering if there is a dial in my radio that i can control my roger beep with, it's a galaxy 73v and is there dual controls or what?
Buck Shot
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Galaxy 959

Re: roger beep tone mod

Post by Buck Shot »

hello audio boy,

i know theres a switch on the 73v, with the swr circut switch i think, but as far as variable volume control on the rodger beep i am not sure. on my galaxy,the 959, one of the dials you push in and that turns it on and off i think its the mic gain, ill have to look. But who knows, mabe there is somthing internal...

BUCK SHOT :blackeye:
Galaxy DX959
Cobra 29LTDNW
Reagency CR-123 AM/SSB
Kenwood TS-820 HF

KB1VMK
audio boy

Post by audio boy »

yea thats what im talking about, is there an internal dial because i see on cbtricks.com there is a roger beep tone mod
Buck Shot
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Buck Shot »

I did a little reserch on the galaxy roger beeps...

The rodger beep is controlled by R181. Its somwhere around 200K-220K Ohms. If you looking for a change in pitch on the beep, a higher resistance will give you a lower tone and a lower resistance will give you a higher tone...

The roger beep time is controlled by C134 witch is 2.2uF@16 volts DC. A higher uF will give you a longer beep while a lower uF will give you a shorter beep...

As far as an actual dial is concerned, i dont think there is a dial. But i am under the understanding that all of the rodger beeps installed by galaxy are pretty universal, and if im not mistaken, the boards between radios are also pretty universal too.

Hope I helped,

BUCK SHOT :aaargh:
Galaxy DX959
Cobra 29LTDNW
Reagency CR-123 AM/SSB
Kenwood TS-820 HF

KB1VMK
Buck Shot
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Buck Shot »

oh yea i forgot to put this little tid bit in...

http://www.galaxyradios.com/t ... sandtricks

this is the tech suppourt deal right on galaxy's site this is where i got some of my info...

BUCK SHOT :aaargh:
Galaxy DX959
Cobra 29LTDNW
Reagency CR-123 AM/SSB
Kenwood TS-820 HF

KB1VMK
audio boy

Post by audio boy »

ok thanks
rbodenbender
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: K-40 trucker
Radio: Galaxy DX959

Post by rbodenbender »

there is no user adjustment on a galaxy roger beep. the only way to have that done is to have a radio tech install a variable pot i guess is what they are called. maybe it could be wired to an external potentiometer. but as far as changing it "on the fly", that is not going to happen.
audio boy

Post by audio boy »

ok