What have you recently acquired for new radio gear ?

This forum is for general discussions, and you are welcome to post in this forum if you are not able to find the right place.

How did you get your last radio?

Garage Sale
16%
Ebay
25%
Amazon
13%
Other Website
46%

Total votes: 63

drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Re: What have you recently acquired for new radio gear ?

Post by drdx »

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Palstar ZM30 antenna analyzer. As much as I tinker with antennas it will come in handy. I also like the fact that I'll be able to really cut to length coax for phasing setups and be right on the money. I'm also thinking about going with 2 palstar mobile meters, one to monitor drive power, and one to monitor final output, to replace the one mfj in there now.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
djrebel236

Post by djrebel236 »

djrebel236 wrote:
Foxhunter wrote:
djrebel236 wrote:Heathkit Laboratory Oscilloscope
Hey well what is it? I have the Heathkit Ham-Scan HO-13 and the Heathkit Monitor Scope HO-10. Is it either of those ? I didn't know they made any lab grade stuff but anything is possible. What model Heath is it DJ ?

Model IO-18
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price

Post by Foxhunter »

Dj I see that now and wasn't sure before if they made anything of that grade. That's cool you got it. If I always understood correctly, "Heath" built electronics products and "Heathkit" division produced items in "kit" form for others to assemble. I own about a dozen Heathkit items and the thing I've found when buying (or owning) them is-----they are only as good as the person who assembled them! So it's a little shaky when buying something with the "Heathkit" badge affixed, look it over real well, and even that's no guarantee. I hope that one works well for you. I know I need to learn how to properly use a scope myself, and that's a whole other subject.

But funny, I was looking over the rear cabinet of one of my own scopes a week or so ago and noticed it read:

Bell & Howell Schools Model 10D-4540 Heathkit Oscillioscope (has The Heath Company label on rear)

I see above some (actually many) guys are still bettering their mobile and base station radios and accessories. I was recently writing in another thread about a Sears Roadtalker 40 I was licking my chops over getting and looking to post here as a new find---but I counted my ducks before they were hatched I guess. Didn't get it. I cancelled my last minute bid-------because instead I found these!

TWO brand-new-in-the-box NOS Cobra 132 AM/SSB CB radios!

These radios haven't seen the light of day in 36 years, packed away in a nice dry storage room!

Officially labeled
Dynascan Corporation Cobra Communications Solid State Citizen Band Cobra 132 SSB/AM Mobile Two Way Radio

Anyone see the price on that Cobra ad from 1974 ? They were introduced in 1973 at $299.95-----then in 1974 jumped to $340 ! Jeez, guys today almost cry if they have to spend that kind of money on a mobile CB radio!

$340 in 1974's dollars, equals $1,202.85 in todays dollars using the minimum standard index, some estimates place the number higher. Something to think about.

Remember that the next time you're shopping around the CBRT Forum Sponsors, looking for a brand new CB radio and see the current prices-----you're getting off cheap! Buy it!

Foxhunter 351 NJ Base Station
President Zachary T / GE SuperBase 3-5875A / Galaxy Saturn Turbo / Galaxy DX2517 / Cobra 2000GTL / Hy-Gain VIII

Five over Nine 5/9
Foxhunter 351 NJ
Last edited by Foxhunter on October 29th, 2009, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djrebel236

Post by djrebel236 »

A old Pace DX2300B 23 channel base station, but now i need to find a mic for it...Dj
mike495
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: texas ranger tr 696f

Post by mike495 »

i just piced up a brand new in box silver k eagle. got it for 70.00 bucks.
pitbull3825
Donor
Donor
Radio: RCI 2995DX,S45,99V

Post by pitbull3825 »

I acquired a Galaxy 99 for the sole purpose of responding g to the idiots in my area that have to use a voice changer to be annoying so now I can speak there language. Oh I also run a Big Dog 350 when talking on it.
Honorable discharge 8 years U.S. Army 63S E-5
Locally you will listen to what I say!!!

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep.

When we fall asleep, we commit no sin When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"

George Bernard Shaw
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter »

Mic's, new radios, antenna analyzers and more. Great to see the wealth of radio's and accessories everyone is getting, nothing like getting something you'll use and take care of. And like drdx is always saying, and he has a great point, this is still one of the cheapest hobbies in the long run. If you take care of what you have, it'll definitely maintain (if not increase) it's value for resale, if the time ever comes. And with so much disposable income money just plain blown at bars, smoking cigarettes, strippers lol etc, at least with radio equipment you have something to show for it. Not to say the the former can't be fun entertainment but you know what I mean. Good to see you all getting a quality collection of gear together. It keeps interest going in the hobby, and no one can ever blame a man for trying to better himself and his situation, whatever he is doing or is involved in.

Here's a couple photos of my new microphone that just came today. I have one like it already, but this one is even in better condition than the first one I bought at a SK estate sale. It's a Hy-Gain hand/station microphone, and since I have several Hy-Gain radios it'll have a good home here with them and me.

Foxhunter 351 NJ

Hy-Gain Model 617 CB or Ham Amateur Radio Base Hand Microphone

Hy-Gain Model 617 CB or Ham Amateur Radio Base Hand Microphone
djrebel236

Post by djrebel236 »

President Zachary T

G.E 23 ch. Mobile
kurtis1971
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by kurtis1971 »

i just got a kraco 23 channel still in the rapper never opened for 5 bucks
Drenalin
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Handle: 525 International connection
Antenna: Hygain Super Penatrator 500
Radio: Stryker SR 955HP

Post by Drenalin »

I purchased a 575-M6 N.O.S. and a an SP-1a speech processor. I installed the sp-1a into my Ranger AR-3500 100W radio and wired the 575-M6 onto the radio. this combination has yielded to me the best audio reports from local and DX stations by far. :cheers:

Recently I bought a K40 speech processor mic but the above combo pushed the K40 mic out of the box. :cheers:
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter »

Although I have the nearly identical Kenwood TS-940SAT, I still went and got another manual for the standard version. This manual is for the plain "S" version but nearly the same, it just doesn't cover the "AT" Automatic Tuner.

Trio Kenwood Instruction Manual HF Transceiver Model TS-940S

Foxhunter 351 NJ
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor
Handle: De_Wildfire
Antenna: Imax 2000. Hex Beam, G5RV dipole, Jpole(UHF/VHF) Austin Suburban Tri Band (UHF/VHF)
Radio: Washington, Tram D201, Tram D64, Robyn 520D, Cobra 139XLR, Elecraft K3S, Kenwood 590S, Yaesu FTM 400DR, Alinco DR-235, ADI-146

Post by De_Wildfire »

Dentron Super Tuner
Ameritron ICP-240 in rush current protector for 220 amp(protects amplifier)
Another WM1 SWR computing meter from Autek research (computes swr without worrying about calibration)
Military Pole Masts for my 330 foot loop project if I ever get to it
Couple spools of wire
insulators
Dummy Load
Duplexer antenna switch
Extreme Mic for my TRAM D64 radio(station 2)
Eight foot ground rods
Head Phone Set
Auto Patch
two fans
motion detector owls
Tinman590
Donor
Donor
Radio: Icom and RCI-2980

Post by Tinman590 »

I picked up a pride dx-300 and another rci2980 for $375.00 for both!
RCI-2980WX
ELKIN 6 (6dq6) sometimes a driver
Henry Radio 2k2
Imax 2000
4 element maco
RCI-2950 twin tube modulator
Cobra 2000
Washington
A bunch of other stuff
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter »

Here's a few finds that just came.

Just this week got a pair of Dynascan Corporation Cobra Model CA-72 Dynamike Plus Compression-Type Amplified Desk Microphones. One works nicely, and one unfortunately needs internal base repairs. Both are in pretty decent shape overall.

Also either an old Astatic Corp DN-200/500 or an early DN-HZ, and an Astatic Corp D104-C Ceramic element microphone head. I haven't tested the Astatic DN yet although the element itself appears fine. When the D104-C came, I tested it and it was DOA. I took it apart and found it only had a broken solid wire within the head. A nice little soldering job later and the mic sounds GREAT. Nice shape/condition, only the ID label is just a little scuffed around the edges.

Plus two whole orders/lots of older original CB and Ham/Amateur books catalogs and instruction manuals. I'm going to keep a number of them and sell the rest.

These two below are Ebay shots of each lot

CB Books Paperwork Manuals:

Amatuer Electronic Supply 1971 Citizens band Catalog
Henshaws Mad world of CB 1970 Catalog
CB Eprom Data Book
Realistic TRC-441 Manual
Cobra 142-GTL Manual
Cobra 2000-GTL Manual
Cb Tune -up and Mod report
Astatic D-104 TUG-8 Spec sheet manual
Astatic D-104 Silver Eagle Spec sheet manual
Para Dynamics PDC-600 600P 600LP Owners Manual
Avanti PDL-II Beam antenna Owners setup manual
Secret CB vol 29,
CB Tricks of the trade
CB Tricks II
Realistic TRC-479 Manual
Dosy TC-4001 Test Center Manual
Uniden PRO-520 Manual
RCI-2950 Service Manual
Uniden HR-2510 Service manual

Amateur Books Paperwork Manuals

73 Magazine 3 issues april 89 nov 89 feb 90
Tucker T-1000 ANTENNA Tuner Manual
Yaesu FT-DX401 Manual
Yaesu FT-101B Manual
Yaesu SP-101P Landliner Manual
Astatic D-104 TUG-8 Spec sheet manual
Kenwood MC-42S Spec sheet manual
Kenwood TH-22A TH-42A Manual
Beam Antenna Handbook
Ramsey CT-70 Freq Counter manual
ARRL Amateur Radio Logbook
Yaesu Amateur radio log book,
Best of the New Ham Companion

Foxhunter 351 NJ
puddlejumper
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: 3300hp 2517 TX667

Post by puddlejumper »

Foxhunter 351 NJ your collection is awsume it leaves me with out words and full of wonder.
barber
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by barber »

well, i got a ss 158 edx and i love the thing, a few issues however, im a freak and like to tweek and play a bit, heres what i come up with. Now first of all the radio has real hot recieve, The loudness to the speaker recieve. now, i put a small resister in line with the external speaker and that fixed it right up.
Now as for soundong muddy, heres what you do, this will fix your problem, get a .07 disc capacitor and put it in line with your audio lead in the mic.
Bam no more mud, it will make the tone of your voice more crisp. it rolls off the lows. .047 small disc capacitor..... Radio shack has um.
Now back to the best radio ive owned. The ss 158 edx is a great radio. But one problem. no dimmer, you cant shut off the display or freq counter..
Now heres what i did, This radio happens to have Talk back, I hate talk back so, i used the Talk back button on the radio wired it into the display and now i can shut off the freq counter and the channel display, it saves the leds, there beautiful bright blue, i love um. ive taled all over the country with this radio.
the recieve is awesome i here **Censored** i couldnt hear before on my other radios. it did 13 watts am right outta the box. and swings to almost 40 on am.
all i did was turn up the modulation, its so loud its killer. no need to turn the power up anymore, if you crank the am power all the way you will lose your headroom swing, always turn it up all the way and back it down for Max forward swing with max watts before you lose the swing.,.... in other words,
set the power to the highest point then back it down untill you see your Max swing on audio..... thats how to make this radio a screamer.
Now also. if you want to buy a ss158edx hurry, theve been discontinued when there gone there gone, once you tune the radio and do the channel mod youll love this **Censored**. but it definately needs to be tweeked a bit .But i recomend it 100%, i have had an s9 and a connex, i also had a galaxy 99v, and 2galaxy dx 959s.
this radio blows all of them away..... the modulation on this radio is better and louder than my s9 with the Top Gun on. its like the top gun is built in to the ss 158 edx. buy one Hurry before there all gone, copper.com has some left 229.99. do the mod freq mod yourself, get the instructions on youtube step by step. real easy. also go to ranger.com and download the service manual its free. has all the stuff you need to tweek this Monster... i mean Its a friggin Monster audio radio...... and with a tiny bit of echo it sounds like your running 1 kw.....
I hope ive been of some help.
Barber
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter »

puddlejumper wrote:Foxhunter 351 NJ your collection is awsume it leaves me with out words and full of wonder.
Yo man thanks. I'm trying to not only take some time to post and label photos but also (in many other threads) I'm trying to include some hopefully useful information on a host of items, trying to describe makes models and some things to look/watch out for when buying them. Hoping it comes across not only as sharing station and equipment photos/information, but also giving some tips and ideas on things for guys to keep an eye out for while looking around for a good deal or steal on something. Maybe someone will pick up something useful from any of it and get themselves something nice.

Barber I'm not all that familiar with the Super Star line. I've only got one Super Star radio in my entire collection and just got it recently too, a couple months ago during the Summer. Sounds like you like yours and have had decent results from it, by your description. It's good to hear a favorable report from someone and it's hit-or-miss seeing that brand in posts. I've normally shyied away from them a little, never really coming across many in my travels anyway. You know I have here a 6-page Export CB Radio Guide of all the various RCI "incarnations" as well as a few of the newer makes from other companies. Going down the list in order of quality and features-- RCI, Ranger, Galaxy, Connex, General, Super Star . . . I saved that Guide a couple of years ago and have kept it, feeling it's generally accurate as well as displaying all the cross-comparison data etc. Super Star wasn't really rated as high as several others, in many areas, but I guess not by a drastic amount. So I never really sought after a Super Star with that in the back of my mind truthfully. Well I bought a bunch of gear from an old guy living nearby in the outskirts of a NJ State Forrest (hard to believe right?). Among other things, from him I bought an older Super Star 360FM and was pleasantly surprised by the radio. Has excellent audio, good power and sounds nice on SSB while staying on-target too. Although my 360FM looks fairly well-used and not so much in perfect shape, I still think will clean up really nice (never cleaned it yet--tsk) and has no major flaws or missing faceplate graphics etc. Only going by appearance, it reminds me an awful lot of the old original Cobra 148GTL. As a result, I'm very happy with my first Super Star AM/FM/SSB/CW CB radio. Glad to hear you like your model too.

Here's a few more things I'd like to add that's come around lately for newly acquired CB and Ham radio gear.

A very rare very early Astatic pre-D104 rochelle salt crystal microphone, and an Astatic 10-D "The Voice" microphone. Both of these mic's have element issues I'm looking into. The second one depicted obviously has the original gaskets dried and gone. The crystal element makes the usual "baby rattle" sound and virtually none of this type survive this long without falling into this same condition. From doing ALOT of reading, it's a result of the very nature of the materials used unfortunately. Still, it's one of the first series made pre-dating the D104 and is of the "ring and spring" type. The thing belongs in a museum or other serious collection, as is. I believe that the other Astatic 10-D shown in the first photo is a fixable microphone needing a small element repair, it needs the proper adhesive applied to the clear diaphragm cover, to get better and clearer modulation. It's very touchy, and am afraid to monkey with it (like the other unfortunate Astatic DN I wrote about) and will bring it in to a shop to get it professionally looked at and hopefully some good advice. I've already posted a thread on the Astatic element types subject before, but with only one person able or willing to help and write. So I guess the CBRT isn't the place, unless the right person just didn't see me asking for help. I provided more element information to others there in that post than you can easily and ordinarily find online doing a general search. Hope it helps someone somewhere.

Here's a couple other photos of the microphones I'd bought together and of which I'd placed a few photos of two of them in my last post. Aside from the Astatic DN-200 and the Astatic D104-C, there's also an old Philips of Holland EL3750/00 (Dynamic ?) microphone, a solid heavy vintage Electro-Voice Model 915 crystal microphone, and an antique Grundig GDM10 crystal microphone.

Now here's one below I've been looking for, for a while. Brand new in-the-box, unused. It's a Tandy RadioShack Realistic Desk Stand Dynamic Microphone Cat. No. 33-921 and I look forward to trying it out at some point in the not-too-distant future. You know as a related deal, I just posted last night again in the thread about the Dynascan Cobra CA Series desk microphones, and provided information on the many similarities the CA-61 and CA-72 microphones had with other name label mic's---looking nearly identical---but branded with different names. Some good sharp-eye buying tips there. Now I'm not going to give out many clues on this one, but I do wonder how many others familiar with Amateur mic's, recognize the close resemblance between the Realistic shown here and mic's from two other Amateur Radio and audio manufacturers ?

Anyway that's what I've got in recently for newly acquired radio gear. One thing I will say that isn't shown, is that I'm working on a remote alarm/security/mulit. camera system for the whole place and property now----in-between everything else I've been up to.

Foxhunter 351 NJ
Corn_Bread
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: Wilson 5000, 2000, 1000, Little Wil
Radio: Connex3300hp Uniden76xl Stryker497 Cobra29lx

Post by Corn_Bread »

traded the antron 99 for a cobra 29ltd nw. the guy i traded had some trees cut in his yard and one of them hit his moonracker. so he needed a base antenna and i need another radio!
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter »

It's always a good deal when someone betters their station collection. Even trading something they don't use for something they can, talk about a win-win exchange. And hobbieville has some nice pictures in his post, really nice items in his setup (Tram Golden Eagles etc). What I'm wondering is what kind of microphone is hidden behind that giant windshield, shown on your one mic attached to the boom ? Nice station pieces. I don't know if anyone's seen the photos in the 3x links below the one image that's posted, but they're quite nice. I posted one but the other two are too large in dimension to show directly.

Foxhunter 351 NJ
hobbieville

Post by hobbieville »

Foxhunter wrote:It's always a good deal when someone betters their station collection. Even trading something they don't use for something they can, talk about a win-win exchange. And hobbieville has some nice pictures in his post, really nice items in his setup (Tram Golden Eagles etc). What I'm wondering is what kind of microphone is hidden behind that giant windshield, shown on your one mic attached to the boom ? Nice station pieces. I don't know if anyone's seen the photos in the 3x links below the one image that's posted, but they're quite nice. I posted one but the other two are too large in dimension to show directly.
Foxhunter 351 NJ
Thanks for the flowers, Foxhunter. Also, thank you for bringing the image problem to my attention and I've corrected it. I do a lot of horsetrading and always have things I don't need or use to pass along to someone who can make use of them. I much prefer trades to cash deals, especially eyeball to eyeball and handshake deals. I ever have time to post enough without taking a chance on opening my mouth just to change feet, I'll offer some things up for trade.

The MK IV has moved on to a happy new owner; the TS-850SAT's stored until I can get HF antennas up again after losing the last system to a tornado; but the HW D201 and DX 2517 are staples in the shack, great performers, and in daily use. The DX-302 receiver keeps my hand in the HF game, and it's one of the least mentioned, but great performing general coverage receivers that can be had for low bucks. Rigs come and go frequently in my shack, but these pieces of equipment are the ones that always rule.

The microphone is a Heil HM-10 with the Heil HC-5 "ragchew" cartridge. It's done so well over the years on all my HF rigs that I never installed an HC-4 "DX" cartridge which it is capable of simultaneously housing. It's the best mic I've found for use with HAM rigs unless one wants to go the "Voodoo Audio" route.

Thanks again and 73.
[/HIJACK]
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter »

hobbieville wrote:
Thanks for the flowers, Foxhunter. Also, thank you for bringing the image problem to my attention and I've corrected it. I do a lot of horsetrading and always have things I don't need or use to pass along to someone who can make use of them. I much prefer trades to cash deals, especially eyeball to eyeball and handshake deals. I ever have time to post enough without taking a chance on opening my mouth just to change feet, I'll offer some things up for trade.

The MK IV has moved on to a happy new owner; the TS-850SAT's stored until I can get HF antennas up again after losing the last system to a tornado; but the HW D201 and DX 2517 are staples in the shack, great performers, and in daily use. The DX-302 receiver keeps my hand in the HF game, and it's one of the least mentioned, but great performing general coverage receivers that can be had for low bucks. Rigs come and go frequently in my shack, but these pieces of equipment are the ones that always rule.

The microphone is a Heil HM-10 with the Heil HC-5 "ragchew" cartridge. It's done so well over the years on all my HF rigs that I never installed an HC-4 "DX" cartridge which it is capable of simultaneously housing. It's the best mic I've found for use with HAM rigs unless one wants to go the "Voodoo Audio" route.

Thanks again and 73.
[/HIJACK]

First, you're NOT hijacking the thread by any means and I found the code inserted at the end to be quite funny actually. No problem on the images, just wanted everyone to be able to see them freely and unimpeded. Really nice setup and it's obvious the station is well put together with discriminating taste. That's got to be killing you to be without the important antennas, as I and everyone else can see the level of operator that your are, pretty Advanced looking. I've never had any Tram base radios only mobiles, it seems everyone drives the prices so high it's beyond reach (at the moment) for me and I'm reduced to making smaller purchases with hopeful discernment. I like the looks of the Realistic DX receivers like yours and have bid on a good number of them in the past year, here and there, unfortunately nice tries but "no cigar". I'd like to get one to match the TRC-457 & 458's here at the station, I think they match well (in looks almost perfectly match) and would perform a useful function as well. When things straighten out I'd like to get a DX-302 or similar unit that has a digital counter and large main tuning dial.

I've never seen (in-person) a Kenwood 850 or 950 but do have the 520 the 820 and the 940, but I understand they aren't quite in the same class as the 850 and 950 series. Everyone does seem to give the Galaxy DX2517 a really good review and it is the first "modern" base station I bought myself. I've only done some early preliminary on-air testing of the radio and didn't like the sound of the audio I heard in the radio's own talkback, so I boxed it up for nearly two years. I just took it back out about a month ago, but haven't yet gone back and fully tested it using a second monitor radio. It's a mint looking and neat rig, and hearing a seasoned op with a positive review of it only encourages me to hook it up again.

I wondered about the mic and if it was a Heil. I sort of collect microphones and have never had one yet in the shack (I'm working on building and setting up a new room). I DO have one coming to me in the mail and it should be here any day, although it's an older Heil desk model. Now I've been told that many Heil's might not sound so great on AM, that they are mainly an SSB mic, and that I might be disappointed with one. I don't know, that's what I've been told by a fairly knowledgeable audio guy in personal correspondence. That's not to say that some models might sound better or worse than others, and I wouldn't know. What's your take and experience on the Heil(s) you own or have used ? I've done probably well over 100 hours of exhaustive (or "exhausting"!) reading---in the last month alone---on microphones, types of mic's and elements, bandwidth, rack audio systems, mixers---et cetera---lately, really trying to learn something about the entire subject much more in-depth. Really, it's an entire field of it's own, and probably rightfully so. Heil does have a nice site and have seen the dual impedance mic you own being discussed in the reviews on Eham, as well as I tried to bid on one from a man that I had already bought other items from, but it went too high. It's hard to say, some of them sound good on 14megs, I've intentionally listened, trying to follow what's being done in this area. We have a few on AM doing the same thing. I hope this old "new" (to me) Heil sounds good and works out, as I said I've never had one and look forward to getting it. Thanks for adding to the thread and posting, please add what you can when you can. Hopefully you'll be posting here about new HF antennas raised at the QTH!

Foxhunter 351 NJ
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

I recently got a yaesu ft-101E for $100 on craig's list. With my assistance, my 3 year old dismantled the whole thing. Now it is just a carcus and I'll sell off all of the parts. It needed some technical attention when I got it, but with good tubes, good boards and parts, and a couple of filters, it is worth more dead than alive, so it will live on in rigs that it saves. I have enough parts, including the face that had the plastic on it, to have 10 good ebay auctions. Now my 3 year old is asking what else we're going to take apart and "melt", his term for the soldering iron. I'm doing this as part of an effort to fund a new mobile project for the spring that will hopefully make me a little stronger out there, so hopefully I'll have news on that front in the near future.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Bakerman1
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Super Star 3900

Post by Bakerman1 »

I just got a kicker tube type....with 4 6DQ6B-6GW6 tubes.....getting 750 watts pep also a Super Star 3900 euo model black face.
Super Star 3900 Export,President Zachary T.,Cobra 148 GTL,Elkin Super 4, Boomer Deluxe 250,Maco 5/8
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter »

I hear what drdx is saying, like many things in all sorts of areas, they are worth more pieced-out than sold as a whole. I hate to sound sentimental but "another one bites the dust" and is no more. But as said, the parts will perhaps bring new life to other units still in-service. Now drdx lol, since you seem to be in agreement with that philosophy, have you signed an "organ donor card" yourself so they can break you down and strip you for parts ? Couldn't resist :profileleft:

Well here's what I've added lately:

Galaxy Ranger RCI Galaxy Saturn Turbo Rack Mount Rack Handle (courtesy of and special thanks to Hobbieville)
I would have cleaned them up if I'd realized how spotty they look but oh well they're already uploaded and tagged

Superex Electronics Corp. Yonkers, NY Superex Model 612 VX VOX-BOX with Remote PTT, Part of CB-10-25VX and Part of CB-10-2 VX

Cobra 2000GTL AM/SSB CB Radio Frequency Counter Clock LED Display and Channel Indicator LED Display

Astatic Corporation T-3 desktop microphone on an Astatic Corp G-Stand Unamplified Microphone Base

Astatic Corporation DN-HZ Desktop Microphone on an Asatic Corp G-Stand Unamplified Microphone Base

Sears and Roebuck Silvertone Model 1965 Antique Wooden Tube Radio
I added this, it was purchased in the Spring and never did list it

SBE Linear Systems Inc SBE Belcom Unamplified AM SSB Desktop Microphone

Heil Sound LTD HM-5 Desktop Radio Microphone

Grundig GDSM 330 Stereo Microphone
This is a file photo of the identical Grundig 331, mine is the 330 still brand new in the box no photo yet

Now also here's a few books/booklets that I needed for a few of my radios and microphones:

The Ultimate Mic Wiring Book Volume 7

Sam's Photofact CB Radio Series CB-51 Service Manual SBE Superconsole

Sam's Photofact CB Radio Series CB-207 Service Manual Realistic Navaho TRC-457 and TRC-458

Sam's Photofact CB Radio Series CB-41 Service Manual Original SBE Console

Well keep adding things if and when you can to your station, I'm about done for a while-----but they do say "never say never" :profileleft: . New goodies from CBRT Sponsors, new-to-you flea market finds, garage and yard sale treasures, horsetrades, gifts----anything you get is one step closer to (divorce) having a better more capable station. Post your finds!

Foxhunter 351 NJ