Astro Beam question

This forum provides help with antenna installation, as well as guidance on selecting the right antenna for your radio or mobile setup.
Outta_Kontrol
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Astro Beam question

Post by Outta_Kontrol »

I was wondering how much power could be run with an old Tandy beam antenna . I would like to pickup a good linear but I don't want to fry the antenna . Any help appreciated .
Outta_Kontrol
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by Outta_Kontrol »

And what the heck is with this spell check , can we turn it off so we can post what we want to say ?
PONY EXPRESS
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: GOLDEN EAGLE Mark IV

spell check

Post by PONY EXPRESS »

Up on top of page click on PROFILE and you can turn spell check off
Outta_Kontrol
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by Outta_Kontrol »

Thanx Pony
Outta_Kontrol
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by Outta_Kontrol »

I was wondering how much power could be run with an old Tandy Astro beam antenna . I would like to pickup a good linear but I don't want to fry the antenna . Any help appreciated
linx

Post by linx »

Never heard of a Tandy Astro Beam. Is it the same thing as an Avanti Astro Beam? - http://www.cbtricks.com/ant_m ... _av150.pdf

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Post by 231 »

Tandy only made the standard 3 element yagi if I recall. With the simple straight forward gamma match you should be able to run a couple kw's without too much problem (assuming it's in good shape). Should be about the same wattage with the Avanti Astro beam (IIRC).

Welcome to the forum.

;)
Donor
Donor

Post by 998 »

Is that the same as a ASTRO PLANE or STAR DUSTER :?: :?: :?:
J IN THE WOODS OF GEORGIA

73'S CBRT MEMBERS AROUND THE HOUSE HOLD!!!
Outta_Kontrol
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by Outta_Kontrol »

The antenna is a Tandy 3 element Astro Beam .Made during the late 70's early 80's to the best of my knowledge

Post by 231 »

Outta_Kontrol wrote:The antenna is a Tandy 3 element Astro Beam .Made during the late 70's early 80's to the best of my knowledge
Yea, I think they called that the Archer 3 element. Just a straight forward 3 element yagi. Here is the true Astro-beam.

Donor
Donor

Post by 998 »

231 wrote:
Outta_Kontrol wrote:The antenna is a Tandy 3 element Astro Beam .Made during the late 70's early 80's to the best of my knowledge
Yea, I think they called that the Archer 3 element. Just a straight forward 3 element yagi. Here is the true Astro-beam.

Thats almost like the old astro plane except id has a element section and the astro plane went up with a X on the top
J IN THE WOODS OF GEORGIA

73'S CBRT MEMBERS AROUND THE HOUSE HOLD!!!
Outta_Kontrol
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by Outta_Kontrol »

The Tandy Astro Beam looks just like the pic 231 posted but it's not an Avanti t's a Tandy
linx

Post by linx »

Outta_Kontrol wrote:The Tandy Astro Beam looks just like the pic 231 posted but it's not an Avanti t's a Tandy
If it "looks" the same, then perhaps the instruction manual will be the same. Enjoy,

http://www.cbtricks.com/ant_m ... _av150.pdf