Northstar NS-650-BFM HP Turbo 10 Meter Radio

This section is dedicated to Keydown Competition rigs and high-performance competition base setups. If you have questions or information on how to maximize a competition setup, this is the perfect place to share and discuss!
Bulldog777
Donor
Donor
Antenna: Base & Mobile
Radio: Base & Mobile

Northstar NS-650-BFM HP Turbo 10 Meter Radio

Post by Bulldog777 »

The Northstar NS-650-BFM 10 meter radio will bulldoze through DX Land nicely when it is done up right! Heck Al of Sparkys CB Shack & Doug of Custom CB Radios have teamed up in offering the last few 100 that are on the planet modified in a way that gives it the HP Turbo status! The amount of time taken with this model to improve its overall performance is great! In a nutshell this radio will deadkey 1-6 watts and peak 80+ watts with insane modulation! Attention was taken for quality & cooling. I was told these radios will stand up to the best ones out there! Believe they are going for $259.95!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayjvwGETlYk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfztyvPpCBg[/youtube]
silverstreak
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Handle: silver streak
Radio: Galaxy,Ranger,Cobra

Re: Northstar NS-650-BFM HP Turbo 10 Meter Radio

Post by silverstreak »

Good old Northstar first they copied the Galaxy 3600 Board and sold the radios now they move the knobs around and copied the Stryker.I would much rather support Stryker than some company trying to make a money on a copy of another persons design.
All radios tuned by the best me.
atfguy
Donor
Donor

Post by atfguy »

if there was quality in themaking, i'd buy a replica.. look at my midland alan 8001... copy of the superstar...Still a great radio!
Bulldog777
Donor
Donor

Post by Bulldog777 »

I personally have not owned a Northstar. When they came out in the past there were a lot of satisfied radio operators. The way I see it everyone has their own preference. If you have a properly tuned radio and antenna the person on the other end won't even know the difference! Heck these days everything is a copy of an original. Want one of a kind, build your own? Now that is an idea! Imagine a shop that you could go to to build your own dream radio! All stocked full of the most neatest goodies it takes for a radio to be awesome. You would get a lesson in electronics and soldering. Then you would go to town. You can choose whatever you want and have your own style of RX/TX features, digital displays, meters, faceplates, covers and so on. A tech on site to assist and when you are satisfied he or she will tune, align and give you a readout of all of the specs. Your one of a kind rig will be registered and a small plaque engraved with your name and handle. This would be applied on the rear! This resort for the CB Nut would get beer and pizza to celebrate their success! This workshop - resort would be a weekend stay. Your cabin in the woods would have base antenna installed. You take your custom built radio, hook it up and drop the MAUL. Hold a keydown and the winner gets a prize of some sort! Sorry for getting carried away but as you can see I am a CB NUT!

This is BULLDOG & I Just Got Down!

kc4eoe
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Galaxy DX959

Post by kc4eoe »

Dang, Bulldog, if i had my equipment looking as nice as yours, it would be hard to pry me away from the radio desk. Great photos and i really like that mobile antenna setup :biggrin:
Bulldog777
Donor
Donor

Post by Bulldog777 »

As a quick note the picture of the Northstar NS-650-BHM was snached from the internet and display is flawed. The picture shows the meter crooked and the digit out. Best picture I could find and since I don't own one an original picture cannot be taken. Was surprised that what the search engines could only bring up. I pride myself on original pictures. One of my many hobbies. Thanks for the comments kc4eoe! It is a Kodak CX7530 5.0 MegaPixel digital camera. Have had good luck with them and the EasyShare software. Merely being a word of mouth messenger on this sale and if you review the first video it will show a meter being straight and 6th digit on the frequency counter working!
togaman
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: TOGAMAN
Radio: sears roadtalker

Post by togaman »

Mega Props on a super clean setup!
4130 Land o' Lincoln
[/b]
Bulldog777
Donor
Donor

Post by Bulldog777 »

Hey everyone here is a more appealing image of the Northstar! For those who are wondering about the support and warranty. Warranty work will be handled case by case basis. 12 month warranty to the original purchaser! I am sad to report the shop that handled warranty work for Stryker radios the tech died a month ago! Don't know who will be doing warranty work for Stryker radios at the moment.