250 b ?

This section is dedicated to Keydown Competition rigs and high-performance competition base setups. If you have questions or information on how to maximize a competition setup, this is the perfect place to share and discuss!
rev ike
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

250 b ?

Post by rev ike »

Im considering a tube job for my mobile that can be later used for a driver my question is are there many people who have experience with this tube and are they dependable for every day constant use ...I was thinking four or five of them.
MAY THE LIFE I LIVE SPEAK FOR ME!
PONY EXPRESS
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: GOLDEN EAGLE Mark IV

Re: 250 b ?

Post by PONY EXPRESS »

rev ike wrote:I'm considering a tube job for my mobile that can be later used for a driver my question is are there many people who have experience with this tube and are they dependable for every day constant use ...I was thinking four or five of them.
I assume your mean the 4cx 250B tubes. Yes we have used these in a home brew 6 meter amplifier for many years and have yet to replace a tube.
We only use them on cw and ssb and haven't tried them continuous on am or FM modes

http://www.tube.be/4cx250b.html

now the 4cx250r is basically the military version of this tube and can sometimes be found in surplus new in the cans.
rev ike
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by rev ike »

thanks pony express im trying to decide which way to go ,very good
MAY THE LIFE I LIVE SPEAK FOR ME!