homepage

Need some help fixing a computer problem, or just want to share a link to a program? Do it hear... From the PC to the CB!!!
halfwatt959
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: maco base/ whip mobi
Radio: too many to list

homepage

Post by halfwatt959 »

Howdy folks. Dumb question here but any idea on how to make CBRT my home page so I dont have to go thru x number of steps to get here? When I click on google I want it to go straight here to the index page. Thanks for any info as I'm computer stupid.. Just ask Bombero. He knows. He even put my avatar on there for me.
2 and 3/4 DX RADIO CHAOS. Halfwatt959 " I MAY NOT CAN FIX IT BUT I CAN TAKE IT APART"
I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: Boogieman
Antenna: 2ft Wire hanger
Radio: RCI 2950 Mirage

Re: homepage

Post by »

Hey Karl..

1. Click on your Internet Explorer icon; you'll find this in your Start menu, or the toolbar at the bottom of your desktop window.
2. Type in "Google" to IE's search box at the top of the browser window (this is just an example, you can use any website that you want).
3. Arrive at Google search engine home page.
4. Go to toolbar at the top of browser, and click on "Tools", then "Internet Options".
5. At the top of the pop-up, you'll see a "Home Page" box. The address of the site that you are currently at (http://www.google.com) is there. Press the "Use Current" button to specify this page as your home page.[/color][/i][/b]

Hopefully this will help achieve what you want.

Good Luck and may the 'Skip' Force be with you.

Bombero
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

If your using "Firefox", click the "plus" sign to open another tab, click "tools" on the menu, click "options", it should be the "general" page, click "use current page", done.
I have my local newspaper as my homepage, (saving paper and no I'm not a tree hugger), and have the forum in my bookmarks.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
halfwatt959
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: maco base/ whip mobi
Radio: too many to list

Post by halfwatt959 »

Thanks guys. Just got home and about to try it. On the bright side I can type with 2 fingers now. Next year may even get to 3

-- Thursday, 29 October 2015, 17:50 PM --

mission acomplished! :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:

-- Thursday, 29 October 2015, 17:50 PM --

-- Thursday, 29 October 2015, 17:53 PM --

-- Thursday, 29 October 2015, 17:55 PM --

Thanks again. Mission accomplished. And I type with 2 fingers now :bounce: :cheers:
2 and 3/4 DX RADIO CHAOS. Halfwatt959 " I MAY NOT CAN FIX IT BUT I CAN TAKE IT APART"
I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!