LAPTOPS, WHAT BRAND AND WHICH ONE TO BUY

Need some help fixing a computer problem, or just want to share a link to a program? Do it hear... From the PC to the CB!!!
SARGE
Donor
Donor
Handle: SCOTCH
Antenna: Predator 10K, Wilson 5000
Radio: Mirage 44, Galaxy 88, 99v, GL, Lincoln, RCI 2950

Re: LAPTOPS, WHAT BRAND AND WHICH ONE TO BUY

Post by SARGE »

After doing some serious looking, I have decided on going with a Sager 8760. It was a little higher priced than what I wanted,but it will also be a replacement for both my laptop and my desktop. I suppose if I had figured in the cost of a new laptop and a desktop separately, I could justify the cost better!
joewildcat
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by joewildcat »

Not sure if you already bought a laptop yet but if not I would check out http://www.newegg.com or http://www.microcenter.com as the prices will be greatly lower than best buy.
SARGE
Donor
Donor

Post by SARGE »

Yes, I have already ordered the laptop.Went with the Sager NP8760 (built on the Clevo W870U). Now we're just waiting for the thing to come in off of back order, which is suppose to be this week! I hate waiting!!!
12 gage
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by 12 gage »

I have never used one but AI have been told that the mac is great for graphics intensive programs. The company I work for uses the IBM Thinkpads and lanoves and have great service from both.
SARGE
Donor
Donor

Post by SARGE »

Kinda a late up date on the laptop, but never too late. As stated before I went with the SAGER 8760, windows 7 Ultimate, 6G RAM, i7 processor, blu-ray burner/player for just a few. Computer works like a champ, super fast! My only complaint is the battery life is short (but this is like a desktop replacement) and it didn't come with the drivers to play a blu-ray dvd. They could have disclosed this when ordering. Laptop came to me clean, no blot ware (garbage) what so ever, just the bare basics. I get to load in whatever I want on the computer and nothing more. Customer service is great. Thought I was having a problem 2-3 months after receiving the laptop, called SAGER and we tried a few things while on the phone, it didn't work so they were quick to say it needed to be sent back and checked out. The very next day I had a paid postage for return. I stumbled upon the cause of my problem that night, therefore I didn't have to send it back, but just knowing they would take the time on the phone to try and work out the problem and then come up unsuccessful, and turn right around and e-mail me the paid postage was great. A lot better service than what I ever received from DELL! Yes LINX, I know you worked for them at one point, but I never had any luck with them, and had to wait on hold for over 30 minutes for tech support. Then on top of that they were rude. Not the way business should be conducted!
Tucker442
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: 348
Call Sign: KD2JBL
Antenna: IMAX 2000
Radio: Yeticom Optima III, Yaesu FT 101E

Post by Tucker442 »

Just my 2 cents, I've had them all since the early 90's did a mobile tool business for 8 years with a laptop on the truck for all the billing inventory reciepts etc, at the time my kids were in grammer school so I had to get a backup laptop for the house in case the one on the truck crapped. My first was a 12in screen Gateway, worked great until the power plug for the power supply broke off and cracked the circuit board, #1 down the drain. Next was a Toshiba purchased I want to say like 95 or 96, believe it or not the kids couldn't even break that one, bought an HP after that, used on the truck for about a year and yes the power plug broke off while driving and smoke came out of the motherboard, so #2 done, next was a Dell with all the extra's I had to get it was over 2 grand, first week out it quit, no fan operation, called dell and took my old toshiba to do the tool route. Within a week Dell came to my house to fix the laptop and it was back on the job. about a month later boom, shuts down for no reason, lose my day of sales etc, back to the old toshiba, to make a long story not too long the dell was broken more than it worked, yes they did come and fix it for 2 years for free but really should I have the repair techs number on speed dial in my cell phone?? So needless to say Toshiba got my vote for the next one, that one is still working, then an HP, liked the HP so much I bought another one within a year, my kids took over the old toshiba, and the new toshiba too never died just get too slow for them. I sold the dell at the end of my contract, the HP's both broke the hinges for the screen but both still work. In todays world my vote would go to HP or Toshiba. Yes Macs are great but so was the Edsel, some peopled loved the Edsel also but they would rather have had a Chevy, Ford, Chrysler, Oldsmobile etc. My Dad was a car salesman for over 40 years, his take on things were if people like them and there are enough people to buy them the Edsel should have made it, guess that didn't happen