New Google Browser

Need some help fixing a computer problem, or just want to share a link to a program? Do it hear... From the PC to the CB!!!
Bozo
Owner
Owner
Handle: Bozo
Antenna: Monkey Made MM9
Radio: General Lee Radio

New Google Browser

Post by Bozo »

Google Chrome

What do you guys think about the new google browser?

Donate here

Pro-Tech
Donor
Donor
Radio: Any radio I want.

Post by Pro-Tech »

Since our laptop doctor suggested trying it I have now for well over a month. It is faster than my favorite Opera but doesn't work using the text feature on some apps. A banner will pop up and say it is still in the experimentation process.
Rex_foxhound

Re: New Google Browser

Post by Rex_foxhound »

My roommate has been using it for the past couple of days and he likes it. I'm gonna try it out too and see.
Pro-Tech
Donor
Donor
Radio: Any radio I want.

Post by Pro-Tech »

The best thing I failed to mention earlier is if you transfer a lot of pictures like we do. By far it is faster than any brouser that we are aware of. We are constantly selling used radios and listing the trade-ins and the picture transfer time takes the longest. Also love the speed dial blocks that imitates Opera's.
Irondog
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: Dipole
Radio: Cobra 142GTL, 949DX

Post by Irondog »

Well, I checked it out when it first came available and it seemed ok. I've been using Firefox for a good while, tho....and would take a bit to get me to switch. Firefox does leak memory, tho'...and haven't checked out Google enough to see if it has that same problem.
"Dream yourself into the real world and leave the illusion behind."
Once a Marine, Always a Marine.
23SF363
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by 23SF363 »

Personally I like firefox better :mrgreen:

But that's just my opinion, it's a good browser though.

Post by 231 »

Yea, I'm still partial to Firefox as well. I have Chrome and it's pretty good too. But I haven't really switched to it as my default browser...so needless to say I've stuck with Firefox thus far. I don't care much for the bookmark stuff on Chrome, but I really haven't spent much time trying to configure it much either (yet). So I might be a bit premature in feeling that way about it. I'll dink around with it some more and see if I can import some of the bookmarks like you can do with Firefox.

:icon_e_wink: