We Need Your Suggestions on Laptop Stands/Mounts

Need some help fixing a computer problem, or just want to share a link to a program? Do it hear... From the PC to the CB!!!
Pro-Tech
Donor
Donor
Radio: Any radio I want.

We Need Your Suggestions on Laptop Stands/Mounts

Post by Pro-Tech »

Starting August first we are expanding our shop and moving the "Satellite Man" into a bigger space in the same building because of the growth in the VuQube demand and we are needing to make our own brackets now. So now we have a space to fill for laptop merchandise and need to find the best quality laptop stand for our customers. Petro sells the Cyber Trucker for three hundred dollars and we feel that is over priced for the materials involved. Fleabay doesn't offer anything for big trucks so we would like to fill this niche and fatten our wallets even more. :wink: If any one knows of a brand that I haven't mentioned please let us know and if you own one you recommend we will appreciate it. Remember quality first and price second. That is how we operate. Who ever gives us the best suggestion we will give you a Pro-Tech "T-Top" golf shirt for helping the effort. Come to think of it we would like to hear of other useful products that enhance the use of a laptop in a "Big Truck".

Thanks members, we back out reading the mail. 8)
Peanut
Donor
Donor

Post by Peanut »

The Ram Mount. Very durable and the brackets arent made out of the mirror arms like the junk at the truck stop.
John 3:16
Pro-Tech
Donor
Donor

Post by Pro-Tech »

Thanks a lot Peanut, we'll check into it. 8)
Runt
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: RCI690F150

Post by Runt »

Get a hold of any copy of the "Trucker" News Paper or any of the free trucking magazines, they usually have Adds for 3 or4 different types.
Bleearg
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: rooster
Radio: SWP General Lee

Post by Bleearg »

The better ones I have seen were made out of plumbing fittings and pipe and wrapped with split wire loom/ flex tube. The only part that would be hard to find would probably be the piece to hold the top. The tops were thick glass.
Custom made with choice of height, position, color and top size.
That flex tube comes in all sorts of colors.

http://www.electriduct.com/wi ... rpose.html
radiogeak
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by radiogeak »

Where I work we sell a lot of Jotto Desks. They are very durable, have a variety of options and are available at a decent price.
We mainly install them into police and EMS vehicles but they do offer big rig mounts as well. Definitely worth checking out.
PRO151

Post by PRO151 »

ringer
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by ringer »

If you want the best, as mentioned, R.A.M., bottom line, end of discussion.
Peanut
Donor
Donor

Post by Peanut »

Like Bleearg mentioned above, thats what I have. I made it out of 1/2" threaded pipe, and a piece of lexan. I will post some pics later tonight of it.
John 3:16
quickdraw83
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by quickdraw83 »

I use a ram-mount laptop mount in my pickup truck. it works very well. its great quality at a good price.

i work in agriculture and you see ram-mounts used alot to mount monitors in tractor cabs.
Popcorn501

Post by Popcorn501 »

I have the ram in my f550 work truck and all the other field techs have them in there trucks as well,i personally have had no problems with mine and as far as i know no other tech has had any problems with theres.One thing i do know is that sometimes the spring under the plate that the laptop sits on makes a noise and if you put some of that wire loom stuff on there it takes care of the noise
Pro-Tech
Donor
Donor

Post by Pro-Tech »

You guys are great help. Have another question. Do you feel it is important the stands have cooling fans built in? :roll:
Popcorn501

Post by Popcorn501 »

I personally don't think so, my laptop stays on all day long charging and it doesn't get that hot and I've been running it that way for over two years.
Alaskan
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by Alaskan »

I run copilot truck 11 in my big rig. Built a stand out of a sat arm and a $10 laptop stand from walmart. To sum it up, my laptop is my GPS. I'll post pics once I hit 20 post.
Pro-Tech
Donor
Donor

Post by Pro-Tech »

10-4. Thanks. 8)
the_junkie

Post by the_junkie »

Pro-Tech wrote:You guys are great help. Have another question. Do you feel it is important the stands have cooling fans built in? :roll:
not neccessarily, but that would be another product you could offer wally world has them for like, 10 bucks

bigger laptops with bigger processors will definitely get hot