Where Do Yall Get Knobs and Pots?

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
GigaFish
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Where Do Yall Get Knobs and Pots?

Post by GigaFish »

Hey all,

Looking to install TIP 120 variable deadkey mod on my 29 LTD chrome soon. Does anyone have a part number for the inner/outer knob combination as found on the volume/squelch on the 29 classic as well as the SWR/T-back on my chrome? I found one online, but the supplier said it was sold out, and I also wanted to ensure I got the right part! I would ideally like to replace the stock RF gain with one of these inner/outer combos, to keep my rf gain instead of soldering the 2 wires. In addition, i know this will require the use of a dual potentiometer. Will a simple duplicate of the SWR/T-back pot work? I found one of those (https://www.wearecb.com/00804 ... gL0dfD_BwE) but was unsure if it would be too sensitive/not sensitive enough for this use.

Thanks
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Where Do Yall Get Knobs and Pots?

Post by MDYoungblood »

You can send a email to "Ken" at CB World, wearecb@gmail.com, that is his part that you linked, (sponsor here), be specific on what your looking for and the radio it's going in, pretty sure he can hook you up. Everything he sells isn't always on his website. Don't forget to mention your a CBRT member. The next step is surfing the web for the part, plenty of electronic dealers still out there and have specifications listed.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
GigaFish
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by GigaFish »

Awesome, thanks so much! I will hit him up for sure! I went ahead and did the mod, soldering RF gain wires together and using that pot. If I find that I miss/need RF gain, i know where to get everything now!
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Post by 443 Arizona »

knobs and pots can also be found at most electronic mail order surplus store, there are a couple out of califonutsville.
Scipio Kid
Donor
Donor
Handle: The Scipio Kid
Antenna: An old coat hanger, painted red
Radio: Texas Ranger / Cobra LX / Galaxy 979

Post by Scipio Kid »

Sometimes you can buy "parts" radios with everything you need, real cheap in the local classifieds. I've picked up good, working Cobra 29's for as little as 5 bucks. In fact I have a couple I'd sell you cheap if you were local ... the shipping makes them Un-cheap.

You did say "pots", with an 'S'. Because if you meant simply 'Pot', well then, this is not the forum. But I understand you can find what you're looking for in Colorado.
Happy Trails
GigaFish
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by GigaFish »

Thanks for the help guys! I was looking at the auction site and it looks like there are many for sale for parts on there! Does look like shipping is the cost-raiser! Naaaah not looking to take a trip to Colorado anytime soon haha!!

(edited by MDY)