Changing Channle

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Re: Changing Channle

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

sonoma wrote:I have never messed with trying to get it to read 19. only have done a few for truck drivers years ago. my radios are all setup factory as far as this item. I just turn the channel if I want to go to 19. around here we talk on 21 to 28 on AM. 19 is for the road.
Here we talk on 20 21 22 30 wish I could talk with them guys on channel 6 I can hear them but they cant hear me. Just wanted to try the swap cause ill us it for traffic I'm on the interstate a lot and I swap it back and forth plus I might be getting a little lazy lol I had a 29 sound tracker in the truck it had the channel change on it I got used to that. The only reason I changed it to this one it had the eco board on it and every one I talked to around here said it sounded a little better maybe because of the eco board not sure I thought about taking the eco board out of the one I have now and putting in the sound tracker just to see what happens.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Post by sonoma »

if you look for a echo board you can buy one for just under 20.00 shipped at times. that way you leave the one in the other radio unless you just want to spend the time moving it.
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

sonoma wrote:if you look for a echo board you can buy one for just under 20.00 shipped at times. that way you leave the one in the other radio unless you just want to spend the time moving it.
sometimes I have more time them money lol one of the guys told me how to post pic I still haven't figured it out yet

-- Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 8:47 AM --

-- Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 8:57 AM --

this one on the channel board has numbers in the hundreds my D32 on the main board

sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Post by sonoma »

just lift one leg of D32 and see if you still have all the regular channels and if the switch for 9 goes to 19 after lifting it. it is in circuit with the channel selector. it is tied to other diodes in the channel 9 switch mode.
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

ok finally got a chance to go out to the garage and cut the D32 will see what happens

-- Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 17:55 PM --

I got D32 disconnected when I switch it to 9 it on 19 now works like a camp

-- Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 20:29 PM --

does anyone have a clue how to change 9 to 19 on the digital display on the 29 cobra classic LTD I know there has to be a way it was set for 9 so I'm sure it can be set for 19 there has to be a way. any info would be great if I had a spare one I would tackle if myself till I figured it ok.

-- Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 20:53 PM --

There has to be a way to do this

-- Wednesday, 30 November 2016, 10:05 AM --

has anyone figure out how to swap the channels around yet