Galaxy 33dx hml question

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
1candyman1
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Galaxy 33dx hml question

Post by 1candyman1 »

I have found a website that says that you can change the old 2sc1969 and install a erf2030 but it also says that I can remove the old 2sc1969s and install 3 erf2030s and it says it will improve the radio in modulation and receive but which one should I do? Just change the 1 or go for installing 3 erf2030s? And is the radio gonna perform and sound better
Hazelnut 7201
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: hazelnut
Radio: General Lee

Re: Galaxy 33dx hml question

Post by Hazelnut 7201 »

1candyman1 wrote:I have found a website that says that you can change the old 2sc1969 and install a erf2030 but it also says that I can remove the old 2sc1969s and install 3 erf2030s and it says it will improve the radio in modulation and receive but which one should I do? Just change the 1 or go for installing 3 erf2030s? And is the radio gonna perform and sound better

How much is all of this going to cost? and do you have the equipment to do it?
After all of this work, you still just have a Galaxy 33dx.
I would rather spend my money on a radio that came built with the power you are looking for. JMO
Have a nice day.

Hazelnut
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: Galaxy 33dx hml question

Post by sonoma »

putting mosfets in it will give a little more output if done right. there is more to it than just dropping them in place. you have other parts to change out to make it work. it will not help the receive at all. not sure where you got the info from. go to cbtricks.com and look at the sheets to do the mod. it shows the parts you have to change out also.here is the ekl install sheet for the 2 final version.

http://www.cbtricks.com/misce ... 030_2c.pdf