Peak and tune Cobra 29

Need some help with a radio mod? Pop in and ask away.

Moderator: JR Moderator

mighty mouse
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Name: patrick
Home Phone: 5013924478

Peak and tune Cobra 29

Post by mighty mouse » Thursday, 07 January 2010, 11:10 AM

Does any one have info on how to peak and tune a cobra29?

TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Radio: HR 2510
Name: Rick
Referrals: 4

Re: Peak and tune Cobra 29

Post by TheCBDoctor » Thursday, 07 January 2010, 16:17 PM

Hi mighty mouse

You can adjust VR-4 for the audio and L-14 for more carrier. Many shops just cut D-11and disable the audio limiter. I do not suggest that. I am assuming you are talking about the 29 LTD, if not, the Cobra 29 is an entirely different radio. If that is the case I can look up that particular radio for you.

Good luck,
Best Regards,

Rick, The CB Doctor

OFFICIAL SPONSOR - http://www.thecbdoctor.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carolina Kid
Donor
Donor
Radio: Yaesu 1000D
Name: J.R.

Post by Carolina Kid » Wednesday, 27 January 2010, 14:58 PM

Hey Mouse,
If you have a scope, it would be more accurate. If not, use a nice wattmeter. First set the rig to ch-19, in-line with a 50ohm dummy load, antenna w/1.1 swr match, w/the meter in-line. Then adjust VR5 for 90% modulation, adjust L18,L17, and L14 for max output on your meter. Then adjust L10 for max output. I always use a tone into the mic, for full audio, during the adjustments. You can also spread the coils of L12 for more power output. Go ahead, and clean of the coil, and spread them slightly, before tunimg for max output. The tuning procedures are from a Cobra service manual. I hope this helps.
J.R.

Mark_in_Cali
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Name: Mark

Post by Mark_in_Cali » Wednesday, 27 January 2010, 16:41 PM

Carolina Kid wrote:Hey Mouse,
If you have a scope, it would be more accurate. If not, use a nice wattmeter. First set the rig to ch-19, in-line with a 50ohm dummy load, antenna w/1.1 swr match, w/the meter in-line. Then adjust VR5 for 90% modulation, adjust L18,L17, and L14 for max output on your meter. Then adjust L10 for max output. I always use a tone into the mic, for full audio, during the adjustments. You can also spread the coils of L12 for more power output. Go ahead, and clean of the coil, and spread them slightly, before tunimg for max output. The tuning procedures are from a Cobra service manual. I hope this helps.
J.R.
Carolina Kid, which way to you turn the VR4, right or left. I heard it was counterclock wise, but I'm not positive.

Carolina Kid
Donor
Donor
Radio: Yaesu 1000D
Name: J.R.

Post by Carolina Kid » Wednesday, 27 January 2010, 17:47 PM

Yes, it's counterclockwise. Use a modulation meter to you what's going on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic