RM Italy KL200P

This is an area for posting accurate reviews on products you have used.
(Please read rules and info before posting)

Moderator: JR Moderator

Sniper X
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Name: Kevin
Cell Phone: 505-514-4987

RM Italy KL200P

Post by Sniper X » Monday, 11 February 2013, 16:08 PM

Best Cb buddy gave me one of these for helping him out installing his base antenna. It is brand new, and the KL200P. Advertised out put is as follows.

Frequency: 25-30MHz
Power Supply: 12-14VDC
Input energy/power: 8-11 Amp
Input power: 1-5 W
Input power SSB: 2-20 W
Output power: 100 W Max AM/FM
Output power: 200 W Max SSB/CW
Mode - AM-FM-SSB-CW
26dB preamp reception
Fuse - 12 A
Output power level - 1

I installed it in my mobile on a large gauge cigar plug wire and it is wired to the same plug that powers the Cobra 29. The 29 is stick save for a swing kit and modulation turned up to 100% by me. The radio deadkeys 4w ans swings to a good 18+. I use a new Astatic 636LE SE on it as I do on all my mobiles. It read right at 80+ watts on my RS meter. I talk skip on it every day in the 2004 Focus SVT I have it installed in. I get great responses. I also notice it has a flat SWR on the Lil Will when off, and when on it only goes up to 1.3:1. I am VERY happy with it since it draws so little power. Like stated, it draws so little that the cigar lighter plug which has a 30a fuse in it supplies it just fine. For what it is I give it a 5 outta 5 mics.

MDYoungblood
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg

Re: RM Italy KL200P

Post by MDYoungblood » Thursday, 14 February 2013, 9:18 AM

Hi Sniper X,
I would agree it looks like a nice little amp and if you have a 15amp power supply you would have a good little base amp too, same goes for the KL203P. I personally don't like using the cigarette lighter circuit to power anything, it was only designed for a short power surge to heat up the lighter unit then shut off. You should look under the dash to see the size of wire used to it, most likely it is only 16 or 18 gauge wire, you said it has a 30amp fuse, mine is only a 10amp, might check the owners manual for the right fuse. On the newer vehicles, there is a 12v power plug but the wire isn't much bigger.

3's

Greg
"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department

Sniper X
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Name: Kevin
Cell Phone: 505-514-4987

Re: RM Italy KL200P

Post by Sniper X » Thursday, 14 February 2013, 11:06 AM

MDYoungblood wrote:Hi Sniper X,
I would agree it looks like a nice little amp and if you have a 15amp power supply you would have a good little base amp too, same goes for the KL203P. I personally don't like using the cigarette lighter circuit to power anything, it was only designed for a short power surge to heat up the lighter unit then shut off. You should look under the dash to see the size of wire used to it, most likely it is only 16 or 18 gauge wire, you said it has a 30amp fuse, mine is only a 10amp, might check the owners manual for the right fuse. On the newer vehicles, there is a 12v power plug but the wire isn't much bigger.

3's

Greg
Interesting, because I know a cig lighter draws a lot of amps (over 20) to heat up and can say that even with the KL, and radio hooked up to the lighter plug, I have not had one single problem with anything getting hot or even warm. I looked at the wire from the cig lighter to the harness, and it is big, like 12ga. I won't worry about it since the little amp draws only 12a max on am. And the correct fuse for the cig lighter is 30a. At least in my Focus SVT. I'll bet they did it that way since it is a POWER port, and not really only a cig lighter.

Thursday, 14 February 2013, 11:07 AM

Oh, and yes, it is a great base amp for those on a budget who have a power supply that will do at least 15a. My best buddy here uses one for his base and he makes tons of comtacts on it and gets great reports and his station sounds great.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic