Connex 4300 HP Review

This is an area for posting accurate reviews on products you have used.
(Please read rules and info before posting)

Moderator: JR Moderator

ww228kidd
Donor
Donor

Connex 4300 HP Review

Post by ww228kidd » Thursday, 25 October 2007, 18:26 PM

Just got my Connex 4300 HP in today. The radio was ordered new and with the tuned kit. Advertised at 80+ watts tuned. I have found this to be NOT true. First test was done with the peakest reading meter that i have ever used, a Dosey meter. With the RF power all the way down it dead keyed 2 watts and swinging forward 55 watts with saying heellllooo. Then I turned the RF power all the way up and it dead keyed 15 watts and swinging forward 55 watts. Then I tested with a Bird 43 meter (no peak kit) in line with the Dosey meter. With the RF power all the way down it dead keyed 2 watts swinging forward 8 watts on the Bird and dead keyed 2 watts swinging forward 55 watts on the Dosey. Then with the RF power all the way up it dead keyed 15 watts swinging backwards to 8 watts on the Bird and on the Dosey it dead keyed 15 watts swinging forward 55 watts. The happy medium on the bird was when i turned the RF power back to 8 watts dead key swinging forward to 9 watts as the Dosey at the same time was dead keying 8 watts swinging forward to 55 watts. Nice blue lights and great looking radio, but wish they would advertise the proper output power. It is fine with me because it still does more power than my Connex 3300 HP ZX.

Locked Previous topicNext topic