Galaxy 99V NO TRANSMIT

Whether you're new to using single sideband (SSB) or have years of experience, this forum is the perfect place to ask your questions or provide assistance to those who are new.
88_bandit
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Galaxy 99V NO TRANSMIT

Post by 88_bandit »

yeah, i had my 99 hooked up in the truck, everything doing what it was meant to do. I took it out, brought it inside to turn the dead key down and when i hooked it up ,before i even turned a screw it would not key up! i have a turner super sidekick desk mike. when i would turn the volume on the mic down it would key but not modulate(because the volume was turned down) tried the RK56 i had been using, same thing no key! now when i turn it on with or without mic, antenna hooked up u can hear a slight squeel from the board. ANY HELP PLEASE THANK YOU
audio boy

Re: Galaxy 99V NO TRANSMIT

Post by audio boy »

my guess is bad finals or a final driver take a look at the 2166 final driver in the back of the radio, tell me what it looks like. i had a 99 that did that but i didnt have the soldering skills to fix it back then so i sold it.
88_bandit
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by 88_bandit »

looked at driver, tested 12 volts centerleg RX, cant test for TX voltage because radio will not key. thank you for the reply, if anything else you may need to know about it just drop a line
TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Handle: Rick
Antenna: Wilson 2000
Radio: HR 2510

Post by TheCBDoctor »

Hi 88_bandit

Try side band, if the sideband works then the AM modulator circuit is not working or the radio was turned down too low.

Good luck,
Respectfully as always,

Rick