What I'm looking for

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and support of shortwave radios and scanners.
Shaft

What I'm looking for

Post by Shaft »

I've got an idea for something I'd like to do in my truck. Here's what I'm looking for. A scanner that can receive AM and FM radio broadcasts. One that can receive and playback in stereo. Also, is there a scanner that can be controlled by a PC? As you can tell my experience is limited with a scanner. I've only used one for races and listening to analog cellular back in the day.
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor
Handle: WESTGATE

Re: What I'm looking for

Post by WESTGATE »

the radioshack pro-197 can be computer controlled.its also a digital scanner so u can pick everything up, u know all the law enforcement and everything is going digital,analog is getting old.i think it only puts out audio in mono but u can easily brew up an adapter to convert the audio to stereo or find one online.lol, u used to listen to analog cell phones also..kewl, this one picks up digital signals..my friend that works as a technician for sprint said if u have the tower codes you could decode the digital cell signals and listen in :icon_e_surprised: ..not sure how all that works but he said it so im sure its possible
The more watts you swing, the more people you bring. BREAK!
Shaft

Re: What I'm looking for

Post by Shaft »

Mono wouldn't be that bad since I listen to 90% talk radio.