P IRATE RADIO

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and support of shortwave radios and scanners.
doctor

P IRATE RADIO

Post by doctor »

P IRATE RADIOS have been active nightly from 7 to 11 on 6925u..
OUTHOUSE
COMMANDER MONKEY
RADIO GA-GA

Lots of fun to listen to

DOCTOR/CBRT908 :clown:
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price

Re: P IRATE RADIO

Post by Foxhunter »

Both magazines Popular Communications and Monitoring Times log "p-i-r-a-t-e" stations broadcasting out there. Especially Monitoring Times, they have more complete, extensive and detailed log sections.

If you or anyone ever want to do some good "p-i-r-a-t-e" listening without just stumbling upon stations by chance, check out the magazines. It'll give you frequencies PLUS names & the type of broadcasts observed (music type, political commentary, outlandish or strange etc) and other relevant informations such as broadcast times etc . Check 'em out.

:DJ: The p-i-r-a-t-e DJ's are always spinnin' late at night

Monitoring Times Magazine Website
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/

Popular Communications Magazine Website
http://www.popular-communications.com/

Pro-Tech
Donor
Donor
Radio: Any radio I want.

Post by Pro-Tech »

Back when Wolf Man Jack broadcasted out of Mexico into southern California, where those Mexican stations legal?
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

Interesting topic. I heard that wolfman jack was down there to get around the power limitations of the US and be better heard but I've slept since reading about it. Pop'comm used to be a great magazine, even had a cb scene. If you have an old issue, I'm in their July 1991 I think it is, or something close to it, pictured in front of my now old school yaesu ft-757gxII setup with some rayban wayfairer sunglasses on. On the P!rate topic, Halloween is coming up and it is on a Saturday night. IT should be a HUGE night for that kinda stuff, the same goes for New years.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Circuit Breaker
Donor
Donor
Handle: Circuit Breaker
Call Sign: K7CB
Antenna: OCF Dipole
Radio: HR2510/Yaesu FT-950

Post by Circuit Breaker »

I haven't read Pop Comm in years. You're right...it USED to be a great magazine. I would get it for the CB/Freeband and p-i-r-a-t-e broadcast information. But the content changed in the late 90s and I haven't read it since. Maybe it has gotten better.
Yaesu FT-950
Yaesu FT-8100
Icom IC-2820 (with D-Star capability)
Kenwood TR-751 2M all mode mobile
Kenwood TM-3530 220 MHz mobile
Uniden Washington Base
Uniden HR-2510
Icom ID-92 HT
SteppIR 40-6M Yagi
OCF 75/80M dipole
Diamond V2000A 6M/2M/70cm ground plane antenna
Antron 99
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

The last time I actually saw one was at a barnes and noble and it was skinny and info wise very empty. You know, if someone made a cb/ham/monitoring magazine, kind of a qst/cq/pop comm/monitoring times magazine all in one that was nice, thick, full of shack photos, correspondence, good stuff, i'd buy it.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price

Post by Foxhunter »

Yes lately Popular Communications has had some decent articles rivaling that of CQ. More importantly or relevantly, this whole past spring/summer they had a multiple issue series all about P!rate radio from A-Z. Made for some very good reading on the subject.

Funny drdx mentioned Barnes & Noble because that it where I get my Monitoring Times from. Lately for the past 6 months I haven't seen a single QST on any of the stands, kinda strange. And as said in my last post Monitoring Times has much much more log information, way more, than Pop Comm. It includes many P!rate stations and really the SW listeners who contribute make it a point to include them in every issue. Still I read all of them.

I would like to see another CB magazine out, but because of sponsorship/advertising I'd imagine it'd be hard. It would either end up as a mainly single-sponsor mag--------or have all the usual radio products and people would complain. MFJ Alpha Delta all the others who unknowingly or even knowingly sell gear to 11M ops would end up pulling the ads because the customer base over in Amateur wouldn't like to see them selling in a magazine with amps, channelized 10M radios etc. I could be wrong though. Remember what happened to Swan when they developed 11M gear? All the fuss caused them to offer up a Sister company instead----Siltronix----to hush up the protesters.
doctor

Post by doctor »

I read pop communications, not bad, but it has changed from the early days, but has lists of pirate stations HEARD, monthly.
I listen to pirates week podcast weekly good show to listen to..it is on the web.

I even have some SWL cards now I send out..cheap qsl..has them...

I will look at monitoring times...thanks....

DOCTOR/CBRT 796/WA7026SWL :clown: