I hate the Sprint Cup Chase

Hunting, Fishing, Football, Baseball, Nascar, Hockey, and any other sports interest.
start a foot ball pool etc.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Shaft
Donor
Donor
Radio: SWP General Lee
Antenna: Predator 10k
Name: Bryan
Referrals: 2

I hate the Sprint Cup Chase

Post by Shaft » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 14:45 PM

5 in a row for Jimmy Johnson. Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but it's not fun to watch anymore. Guess I'll watch the Nationwide series from because the racing there was much better this year.
A CB'er and his money are soon parted.

:ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool:

djrebel236
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Re: I hate the Sprint Cup Chase

Post by djrebel236 » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 14:59 PM

ive been watching the nation wide series and i started to watch the truck series this year and not watch the sprint joke series, but as ive said in the past, DIRT races are and will always be better than napcar anymore...Dj
I'm banned for talking smack!

PRO151
Donor
Donor
Referrals: 1

Post by PRO151 » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 15:03 PM

Nascar is on the way down the toilet if they don't come up with a better plan.

Radio: The Original Wireless Communication.
Exellence is Expected.
Perfection will be Tolerated.
We must all Agree to Disagree Agreeably.

Black Dog 151, North Alabama. 1, 10, 15, 19 & 26

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff87 ... 1%20Shack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff87 ... %20Radios/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BobCB
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Cobra 25LTD(varies)
Antenna: A99, Browning BR-140
Name: Bobby

Post by BobCB » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 15:35 PM

I've never liked Nascar. It's annoying just sitting around for hours on end hoping that someone wrecks. I guess I'm missing the point.
854/BigDog in Central Alabama

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 17:26 PM

So just because Team 48 has won 5 Championships in a row, which is something that has never-ever been done in any sport period. Your saying it's not fun to watch anymore? "Why?" Think Jimmy and Chad are cheating and just not getting caught or something?

If you kept up with all the races this year, heck Jimmy put himself in a deep hole first part of the season by not finishing all the races..Plus, he had terrible pit stops in allot of the races which cost him several races...IMO he was real lucky this year to win, But luck has little to do with Racing Smart, and thats probably the biggest reason he's where he's at today...

He still has to win 2 more championships to catch Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt, or 3 more to have the most ever...

So every time Jimmy wins a Championship, he's making History that is unlikely to ever be matched...least not anytime soon...

What Jimmy is doing is putting more pressure on the rest of the teams to improve their game plans... If not...We may see Jimmy going after number 10 in a row!

Congratulations to Team 48!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 17:27 PM

BobCB wrote:I've never liked Nascar. It's annoying just sitting around for hours on end hoping that someone wrecks. I guess I'm missing the point.
Just not your cup of Tea! I have the same problem sitting around watching Golf and Tennis....
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Shaft
Donor
Donor

Post by Shaft » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 17:57 PM

jessejamesdallas wrote:So just because Team 48 has won 5 Championships in a row, which is something that has never-ever been done in any sport period.
You must not have been watching the coverage because they mentioned several teams that had 5+ championships, including the Yankees and the Celtics. In Formula 1 racing, Michael Schumacher (I believe) won 5 championships in a row. And you can't leave out John Force winning 10 NHRA cups in a row. And I will admit that when John Force was always winning Funny Car, I got bored with the sport.

Shaft
Donor
Donor

Post by Shaft » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 17:58 PM

I also got bored with professional wrestling in the 80's when Hulk Hogan was always champion.

BobCB
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Cobra 25LTD(varies)
Antenna: A99, Browning BR-140
Name: Bobby

Post by BobCB » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 18:31 PM

jessejamesdallas wrote:
BobCB wrote:I've never liked Nascar. It's annoying just sitting around for hours on end hoping that someone wrecks. I guess I'm missing the point.
Just not your cup of Tea! I have the same problem sitting around watching Golf and Tennis....
Yeah. Trust me, I have respect for the guys that race and the fans that enjoy it, but I'm more of a college football guy. :r&r:

RTR!!
854/BigDog in Central Alabama

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 19:42 PM

Shaft wrote:
jessejamesdallas wrote:So just because Team 48 has won 5 Championships in a row, which is something that has never-ever been done in any sport period.
You must not have been watching the coverage because they mentioned several teams that had 5+ championships, including the Yankees and the Celtics. In Formula 1 racing, Michael Schumacher (I believe) won 5 championships in a row. And you can't leave out John Force winning 10 NHRA cups in a row. And I will admit that when John Force was always winning Funny Car, I got bored with the sport.
OK...Your right about the Yankee's, and I have no doubt the rest is probably true...I was going by something they said last year when Jimmy won his forth... I missed the first part of the Race today having to replace the starter on my work van.

Still...I like winner's, and not the whiners... Which IMO is what makes Nascar interesting to see what teams are going to try to improve on the next season to try and de-bunk Jimmy off his throne... I really thought Denny Hamlin had a chance today, until his spin at the first of the race...And then it looked like it was going to be Harvick, until he got busted for speeding coming into pit-row.

I use to go to the NHRA races when they have them here in Ennis, but what turned me off of NHRA is all the time that go's by between races...Race last what? A couple of seconds? Then there's like 30 minutes till the next race! :shock: Lot's better to watch NHRA on TV... :mrgreen:

mat_me
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Stryker 440
Antenna: mag mount wilson 100
Name: Mat

Post by mat_me » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 19:47 PM

Its not the same old nascar, and they are loosing at the gates $$$ but I will still watch. The pit stops, the line they take around the track all things are interesting. All that said, yeah I still wait for the crashes...
Stryker 440, Cobra 29 LTD ST, Cobra 29 LTD Harley Davidson, Cobra 29 LTD (side mic) , Cobra 148 GTL, Uniden Grant XL, Uniden PC66XL, Lil Will, K40, Wilson 1000 White

djrebel236
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by djrebel236 » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 22:08 PM

:ncool:
Last edited by djrebel236 on Tuesday, 23 November 2010, 13:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.
I'm banned for talking smack!

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Monday, 22 November 2010, 5:52 AM

Another great finish to the NASCAR season, 3 teams had the ability to win the points championship, and it wasn't over until the last few laps. Congratulaions to the whole Hendrick organization.
I love the Nationwide series just as much. I hope the series is changed to not allow the Sprint Cup drivers to contend for the points championship in the Nationwide series.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic