Nascar just lost 1 fan!

Hunting, Fishing, Football, Baseball, Nascar, Hockey, and any other sports interest.
start a foot ball pool etc.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Nascar just lost 1 fan!

Post by 127 » Sunday, 21 February 2010, 14:36 PM

"Gentlemen start your engines" in english and spanish??????????? I know it's California on the left coast and all, but Nascar is just out of control in so many ways. Complete disrespect for my country......shame on Nascar. :oops:

Mikey B
Donor
Donor
Radio: Cobra 29 WX NW ST
Name: -B-

Re: Nascar just lost 1 fan!

Post by Mikey B » Sunday, 21 February 2010, 15:17 PM

Read my signature
"We have room for but one flag, the American Flag. We have room for but one language, the English language, and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people. " - - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt.
KB1TBF
"B-DOG"

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 127 » Sunday, 21 February 2010, 15:37 PM

Mikey B wrote:Read my signature

I guess Nascar is trying to lose the fans they have left.
He was also the great President that said speak softly and carry a big stick. Our politicians want us to speak english but carry an english to spanish dictionary.

Buck Shot
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Galaxy 959
Name: Broc

Post by Buck Shot » Sunday, 21 February 2010, 16:58 PM

What i loved was when they started the race, and he said "Gentlemen, start you engines", every body started your engines so you couldent hear the spanish talk. Everyone was cheering and engins were starting to drown out the spanish giberish. We speak english in this country, and i will be god damned if some left wing yuppy tells me to speak spanish or tells me i have to listen to it. This country was formed by english speaking men that shed there blood to start the great nation. If they cannot understand the greatest words in motor sports, learn english, or get the hell out of there and stop greasing the place up.

BUCK SHOT :aaargh:
Galaxy DX959
Cobra 29LTDNW
Reagency CR-123 AM/SSB
Kenwood TS-820 HF

KB1VMK

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 127 » Sunday, 21 February 2010, 18:20 PM

Buck Shot wrote:What i loved was when they started the race, and he said "Gentlemen, start you engines", every body started your engines so you couldent hear the spanish talk. Everyone was cheering and engins were starting to drown out the spanish giberish. We speak english in this country, and i will be god damned if some left wing yuppy tells me to speak spanish or tells me i have to listen to it. This country was formed by english speaking men that shed there blood to start the great nation. If they cannot understand the greatest words in motor sports, learn english, or get the hell out of there and stop greasing the place up.

I have no idea why Helton and Brian France let that happen. I was just sitting there in shock.........what is next? The only hispanic Nascar driver is juan Pablo Montoya and he speaks perfect english.
I am waiting for the day when I call the Veterans Administration's 1-800 number to renew my prescriptions and have to go through the press 1 for english, 2 for spanish crap........if that happens, we'll move to another country.
If that wasn't bad enough that slug Jimmy Johnson ends up running away with another race.......something fishy with that team.

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Referrals: 1

Post by jessejamesdallas » Sunday, 21 February 2010, 22:54 PM

127 wrote:
Buck Shot wrote:What i loved was when they started the race, and he said "Gentlemen, start you engines", every body started your engines so you couldn't hear the Spanish talk. Everyone was cheering and engines were starting to drown out the Spanish giberish. We speak english in this country, and i will be god damned if some left wing yuppy tells me to speak Spanish or tells me i have to listen to it. This country was formed by english speaking men that shed there blood to start the great nation. If they cannot understand the greatest words in motor sports, learn english, or get the hell out of there and stop greasing the place up.

I have no idea why Helton and Brian France let that happen. I was just sitting there in shock.........what is next? The only hispanic Nascar driver is juan Pablo Montoya and he speaks perfect english.
I am waiting for the day when I call the Veterans Administration's 1-800 number to renew my prescriptions and have to go through the press 1 for english, 2 for spanish crap........if that happens, we'll move to another country.
If that wasn't bad enough that slug Jimmy Johnson ends up running away with another race.......something fishy with that team.
Yeah...It's called "A Bottomless Bank Account!"...They probably have the largest Cash Flow of any of the other teams, and can hire the Best of the Best to build their cars...When your winning most of the races, not to mention 4 titles, you have the cash it takes to compete at a higher level than everyone else...

Do they cheat? Probably...All of the teams do to some extent...It's up to Nascar to check all that out tho, and every team in Nascar has been caught at one time or another doing something against Nascar rules...Nothing new...

As for the Spanish thing...That didn't set good with me neither....First it was Nascar allowing a foreign company like Toyota to compete in the sport...Now the Mexicans are going to get their voice herd too! What's Next? Women driving the cars?...........Oh wait....TOO LATE! :icon_rolleyes:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Buck Shot
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Buck Shot » Monday, 22 February 2010, 4:17 AM

Now the Mexicans are going to get their voice herd too! What's Next? Women driving the cars?...........Oh wait....TOO LATE!
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! Thats great!
Galaxy DX959
Cobra 29LTDNW
Reagency CR-123 AM/SSB
Kenwood TS-820 HF

KB1VMK

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 127 » Monday, 22 February 2010, 5:01 AM

Danica Patrick is somewhere around 35th in points after 2 races, you are on to something there JJD. DW and McReynolds are giving her so much air time and slobbering all over themselves. The Go Daddy commercials irritate my wife to no end, hopefully that dot com company will blow up like the rest. Of course she has a team that is pretty much a thin skinned sprint cup team.
I like the way when Nascar changed series sponsors to Nextel, Dale Earnhardt Sr was then a 7 time Nextel Cup Champion..........and when the series changed to Sprint as a sponsor Dale Sr is now a 7 time sprint cup champion, nothing like throwing Winston under the bus.
I am waiting for the series to end up being called the Old El Paso cup series.
Before you know it Nascar will be so busy burning bridges that they will get caught on a bridge and start burning both ends at the same time while falling into the Rio grande!!!!! :x
CEO of Nascar Brian France driving around his foreign Lexus while drunk just adds to the circus atmosphere!

Buck Shot
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Buck Shot » Monday, 22 February 2010, 18:07 PM

The thing that bothers me most is how nascar has evolved. Old drivers like Cale Yarborough, Jr. Johnson, Lee and Richard Petty, Pearson, Bobby Alison, all of the famous bad gluteus maxims drivers, aren around now. I love watching "Back in the Day" and watching the old races. Thats when real men raced. They had nothing but a open face helmate, and a lap seat belt to protect them. Just pieces of DETROIT steal, not jap pieces of dirt, racing around at 160-170 miles an hour, now thoes were the days....
Galaxy DX959
Cobra 29LTDNW
Reagency CR-123 AM/SSB
Kenwood TS-820 HF

KB1VMK

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Tuesday, 23 February 2010, 9:04 AM

I do not like the FOX coverage, I don't need all of the cheesy crap. Give me ESPN with Dale Jarrett and Rusty Wallace, way better race coverage. I have a DVR so I can pass up the parts of the program I don't like! LOL
The pre-race activities are up to the race promoter at each track. There were a lot of empty seats at California, they needed to sell tickets, even to people that speak spanish. The indians that lived in this country didn't like the english speaking white man either.
There where no rules violations found at Daytona, the first time ever.
In my opinion the #48 team has the best combination of everything, driver, crew chief, pit stop people, ect... They can qualify good so they get a better pit selection which helps with stop times.
Racing won't go back to the old days, the cars were dangerous, people got killed both on and off the track. The speeds were much lower then also. I do not like everything NASCAR has done, but it is still competitive racing. I love the NHRA series also, am going to Vegas in April.

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 127 » Thursday, 25 February 2010, 7:49 AM

721HACKSAW wrote:I do not like the FOX coverage, I don't need all of the cheesy crap. Give me ESPN with Dale Jarrett and Rusty Wallace, way better race coverage. I have a DVR so I can pass up the parts of the program I don't like! LOL
The pre-race activities are up to the race promoter at each track. There were a lot of empty seats at California, they needed to sell tickets, even to people that speak spanish. The indians that lived in this country didn't like the english speaking white man either.
There where no rules violations found at Daytona, the first time ever.
In my opinion the #48 team has the best combination of everything, driver, crew chief, pit stop people, ect... They can qualify good so they get a better pit selection which helps with stop times.
Racing won't go back to the old days, the cars were dangerous, people got killed both on and off the track. The speeds were much lower then also. I do not like everything NASCAR has done, but it is still competitive racing. I love the NHRA series also, am going to Vegas in April.

Put a trained monkey in the seat of the 48 car and Grape Ape will win too.

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Thursday, 25 February 2010, 12:13 PM

The Ape might drive the restrictor plate tracks, but I don't think he would be very good on short tracks or road courses. LOL

VREELAND
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Name: Bob Vreeland

Post by VREELAND » Saturday, 27 February 2010, 11:45 AM

As a resident of Southern California (aka Newer Mexico...) It is amazing to me how much we cater to our spanish speaking amigos to the south... It is everywhere: the bank, the dmv, grocery stores, even street signs in some places.

I was at a McDonalds in Placentia (Orange County, CA) and was appalled to see the menu board was in spanish, with english subtitles. I said a-loud, "this is bull (insert word here)!" and walked out. Called McDonalds about it and they told me because I was in a spanish speaking area, the menu board was in spanish.

I would have expected this from McDonalds... but from NASCAR??? Thats too far! Whats next, are we going to print "en Dios confianza" on our money?

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Saturday, 27 February 2010, 13:15 PM

I am in no way defending illeagal immigration. That is wrong and needs to be stopped. Yet would you send your children to the vast fields of produce in California, Idaho, ect.. to pick fruits and vegitables every year? Can you immagine what the prices of produce would skyrocket to if we didn't have cheap labor to do it? There has to be a solution to this very complex problem that grows everyday.

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 127 » Monday, 01 March 2010, 9:18 AM

721HACKSAW wrote:I am in no way defending illeagal immigration. That is wrong and needs to be stopped. Yet would you send your children to the vast fields of produce in California, Idaho, ect.. to pick fruits and vegitables every year? Can you immagine what the prices of produce would skyrocket to if we didn't have cheap labor to do it? There has to be a solution to this very complex problem that grows everyday.

Todays children are too damn lazy to pick crops....whether it pays well or not.
I think we should pull out of Iraq and deploy those troops on the border to stop the overwhelming of our healthcare system by freeloading immigrants. That is economic terrorism!
I stopped going to McDonalds a long time ago and all you have to do is look who is making the sandwiches to understand my reasoning.
Nascar is supposed to be a true blue American sport.....or it used to be. Toyota and the push for diversity is absurd and a spit in the eye of the old school fans.
Danica Patrick's average finish of about 35th in the Nationwide series first 3 races is nothing compared to Tony Stewarts rookie start. She is going to take years just to become mediocre........she finished 6th in the ARCA race at Daytona simply because it was a Sprint cup team preparing the cars with a huge budget.
I remember when Bill Elliot in the Melling 9 car was running away with everything and Nascar kept making rule changes until the 9 car was impotent..........the 48 team is obviously allowed to cheat or have more HP than everyone else and no rule changes. If the Ford Block and heads that are "Nascar approved" could be competitive then Doug Yates would have the Roush and Yates cars running up front.

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 127 » Monday, 01 March 2010, 9:24 AM

VREELAND wrote:As a resident of Southern California (aka Newer Mexico...) It is amazing to me how much we cater to our spanish speaking amigos to the south... It is everywhere: the bank, the dmv, grocery stores, even street signs in some places.

I was at a McDonalds in Placentia (Orange County, CA) and was appalled to see the menu board was in spanish, with english subtitles. I said a-loud, "this is bull (insert word here)!" and walked out. Called McDonalds about it and they told me because I was in a spanish speaking area, the menu board was in spanish.

I would have expected this from McDonalds... but from NASCAR??? Thats too far! Whats next, are we going to print "en Dios confianza" on our money?

I can not understand how these spanish only scumbags can get a driver's license if they can't speak english......hopefully they'll be a "bridge out" sign ahead that they can't read and that'll get rid of a couple. LOL!

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Monday, 01 March 2010, 11:58 AM

127 wrote:
721HACKSAW wrote:I am in no way defending illeagal immigration. That is wrong and needs to be stopped. Yet would you send your children to the vast fields of produce in California, Idaho, ect.. to pick fruits and vegitables every year? Can you immagine what the prices of produce would skyrocket to if we didn't have cheap labor to do it? There has to be a solution to this very complex problem that grows everyday.

Todays children are too damn lazy to pick crops....whether it pays well or not.
I think we should pull out of Iraq and deploy those troops on the border to stop the overwhelming of our healthcare system by freeloading immigrants. That is economic terrorism!
I stopped going to McDonalds a long time ago and all you have to do is look who is making the sandwiches to understand my reasoning.
Nascar is supposed to be a true blue American sport.....or it used to be. Toyota and the push for diversity is absurd and a spit in the eye of the old school fans.
Danica Patrick's average finish of about 35th in the Nationwide series first 3 races is nothing compared to Tony Stewarts rookie start. She is going to take years just to become mediocre........she finished 6th in the ARCA race at Daytona simply because it was a Sprint cup team preparing the cars with a huge budget.
I remember when Bill Elliot in the Melling 9 car was running away with everything and Nascar kept making rule changes until the 9 car was impotent..........the 48 team is obviously allowed to cheat or have more HP than everyone else and no rule changes. If the Ford Block and heads that are "Nascar approved" could be competitive then Doug Yates would have the Roush and Yates cars running up front.
The majority of parents today want a much better life for thier children than they had, they send them to school instead of the fields to pick crops. There are a lot of great kids out there willing to work and learn unfortunatly they don't get the attention like the bad lazy ones do.
It takes a vote from Congress to deploy troops, and we are not at war with Mexico. Illeagal immigrants are some of the poorest in North America, and you want to shoot them, or start another war over them? Isn't going to happen.
There are 350 Million U.S. citizens, with around 10 to 15 million illeagals. they aren't the core of this very complex Health Care problem.
I work for Ford and have seen Toyota make great strides in the last few decades to improve thier product and image. They provide much needed jobs here in the U.S. Even with the latest safety issues concerning them, they aren't going anywhere.
The T-Bird was the latest design car when it debuted in the early 80's, it had a distinct aerodynamic advantage. NASCAR's needed to level the playing field as they have done many times throughout thier history.
At Las Vegas a bad 2 tire decision by the #24 left the door wide open for the #48 car to win. I believe the #48 team has the best combination of resources, driver, crew, pit strategy, ect.. When your good you don't need to cheat.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic