Groundhog Day

Hunting, Fishing, Football, Baseball, Nascar, Hockey, and any other sports interest.
start a foot ball pool etc.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Shaft
Donor
Donor
Radio: SWP General Lee
Antenna: Predator 10k
Name: Bryan
Referrals: 2

Groundhog Day

Post by Shaft » Monday, 02 February 2009, 9:00 AM

The groundhog saw his shadow today. So you know that what that means?

TWO MORE WEEKS UNTIL NASCAR!
A CB'er and his money are soon parted.

:ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool:

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Monday, 02 February 2009, 9:23 AM

Nascar? Is that the one where they fix the races, everyone is teched with different rules, and they are fighting with identical cars, but the winner is determined by who's turn it is and who the track owner's wife thinks is cute? Are they still in business? I thought that went out with wrestling and democrats. Anyway, I thought Groundhog day meant 6 more weeks til the skip starts coming in from Europe. Maybe I'm confusing it with GROUNDWAVE day. -drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 127 » Monday, 02 February 2009, 10:22 AM

Drdx I guess what you are refering to is "Selective Rules Enforcement". Hendrick and RCR teams do not play by the same rules everyone else abides by. I just love the "Yellow Line" rule that Jimmy Johnson and Dale Jr get no billed for.

The cars can't possibly be the same seeing 1 make always seems to have the advantage over the others.

I will bet the farm that a Chevy team wins all 4 restrictor plate races even though all the cars are spec :wink:

What I don't understand is since the cars are allegedly spec cars why do the manufacturers waste all kinds of money, now taxpayer money, supporting this sport when the cars don't even look close to the street cars.

I'll watch the short track races, Darlington, and the road courses but all the rest I'll take a pass.

Jack Roush builds engines for just about form of motorsports but gets outperformed in Nascar???????

Nascar is just high tech entertainment and no more good ole boys.

Shaft
Donor
Donor
Radio: SWP General Lee
Antenna: Predator 10k
Name: Bryan
Referrals: 2

Post by Shaft » Monday, 02 February 2009, 10:30 AM

127 wrote:...I will bet the farm that a Chevy team wins all 4 restrictor plate races even though all the cars are spec :wink:
Chevy only won 1 restrictor plate race last year. Toyota won the other 3.
127 wrote:...What I don't understand is since the cars are allegedly spec cars why do the manufacturers waste all kinds of money, now taxpayer money, supporting this sport when the cars don't even look close to the street cars.
Ford refused a bailout and Toyota didn't ask for one.
A CB'er and his money are soon parted.

:ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool:

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Monday, 02 February 2009, 10:46 AM

Ford had credit lines arranged 36 months ago when the money was easy to secure. Toyota isn't saddled with the generations of union crud that everyone else is, and hasn't been in Nascar long enough to spend enough in there to learn and run.

I work with dealers on a daily basis, of all lines, and Toyota has it figured out in terms of customer loyalty, as in customers loyal to coming back to the dealer to spend money. Sure , ford, chevy, and mopar have their loyalists, but they don't come back and spend money at the dealer like the toyota folks do. A domestic car, after warranty, hardly ever darkens a dealer service department's door compared to the import crowd, esp. toyota. Those folks bring them in til the thing dies. Unless you wrench on them yourself, the dealer isn't that bad of a deal on some items. Don't expect your chevy dealer to be around for long if the last time you handed them a dollar was when you bought that 99 tahoe. They've been paying their employees every day since then, with or without you, and many can't afford it much longer. I don't feel sorry for them, they've been fat and happy forever, but that's just the way it goes. The strong, toyota in this case, will survive.

You mention hendrick, and I'm strongly tied to them, in the form of a friend(runs a store for them) hendrick flew to the superbowl yesterday, and sometimes for work. I wonder how long even they can survive and stay racing unless they're making big $$$ from nascar junk selling at walmart or something. They're out of the carolinas so they bleed that nascar blood but sooner or later they've gotta feel it.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

PONY EXPRESS
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: GOLDEN EAGLE Mark IV

Post by PONY EXPRESS » Monday, 02 February 2009, 10:46 AM

Its not a real radio unless it has tubes and USB/LSB on the front panel ....

147 express
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

nascar

Post by 147 express » Monday, 02 February 2009, 10:51 AM

i think a toyota will winthe restricter plate race's

PONY EXPRESS
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: GOLDEN EAGLE Mark IV

Buid Shootout 02/07/2009

Post by PONY EXPRESS » Monday, 02 February 2009, 10:52 AM

Heck better get you guys up to speed before you miss the 1st race of the year

1ST RACE

02/07/09 Budweiser Shootout Daytona International Speedway FOX/8 p.m

LET'S SEE WHO WON THAT LAST YEAR ??

Its not a real radio unless it has tubes and USB/LSB on the front panel ....

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 127 » Monday, 02 February 2009, 11:02 AM

Shaft wrote:
127 wrote:...I will bet the farm that a Chevy team wins all 4 restrictor plate races even though all the cars are spec :wink:
Chevy only won 1 restrictor plate race last year. Toyota won the other 3.
127 wrote:...What I don't understand is since the cars are allegedly spec cars why do the manufacturers waste all kinds of money, now taxpayer money, supporting this sport when the cars don't even look close to the street cars.
Ford refused a bailout and Toyota didn't ask for one.
Toyota won't do very much this year and Ford will only win a few. Dodge will win less than Ford. Chevy will dominate the sport even more than they normally do. In the Daytona 500 the Dodge, Ford, and Toyotas might mix it up early on but later on the Chevys will team up and go on to victory lane.

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Monday, 02 February 2009, 11:30 AM

As an old short track (3/8 mile) asphalt racer I understand the disappointment with the growth that Nascar has had to endure the last decade or so. There hasn't been any "good old boys" since the mid-eighties in my opinion. What was Nascar supposed to do? turn away the sponsors that just shoveled money into the sport? no, they tried to keep up with the technology with rules and enforcment the best they could. I used to attend at least 10 races a year, and enjoy all the types of racing the different tracks provide. Motorsports is always changing and evolving, if you don't like the way nascar does it you could quit complaining, take a chance and start your own racing series just like Bill France did over 50 years ago.

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Monday, 02 February 2009, 12:44 PM

Great points hacksaw, or do what I and many do, vote with your wallet. I don't own a bit of nascar stuff and my kids, 3 and 7, don't either. We own the other half of the walmard toy department but not that. -drdx

-drdx

treetall
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by treetall » Monday, 02 February 2009, 17:53 PM

Man all this fighting and arguing. Cant we all just sit down and watch the race :D and yep thta budweiser shootout is coming up fast
801 working this baby driver in the carolinas getting out the way.

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Tuesday, 03 February 2009, 16:15 PM

No arguing here, I agree with DRDX, it is not the sport it used to be and I don't support it like I used to. I hate certain things about the TV coverage more than anything else, but yes I will be in front of my HDTV for Daytona!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic