The New Dx Directory
COMING SOON!
CBRT Visitors get first look. You may log in with your dxdirectory.com username/email and password or you can register here. Please be in mind that it is still under construction, and so some links may not work. Let me know what you think by clicking here.

Antenna update-Truckspec 2500

Help with installing an Antenna, or just choosing the right antenna to go with your radio, or your mobile.

Moderator: JR Moderator

projectcop
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Cobra 148F
Antenna: Predator 10K
Name: George

Antenna update-Truckspec 2500

Post by projectcop » Sunday, 01 March 2015, 18:25 PM

Well;
Found out my Cobra 75 series power mic had a short this morning. So; while I was looking for my stock mic (found it, brand new- in the wrapper) I found my old micronta meter and a patch cord. So......................
Background on this antenna install:
2007 Ford F150 shortbed
Firestick stainless steel bed stake hole mount-mounted and grounded at right rear of bed
truckspec 2500 air-cooled coil antenna
12' of mini-8 coax- routed through front of bed and rear of cab
Early (Malaysian)Cobra 148F/ tuned up a little bit/ tons of modulation/ channels
Today:
Tightened up a couple things that worked loose in the last week
Grounded coax to bed
Added meter and coiled about 4' of coax (shortest piece I had) near the meter, zip tied the coil.
Checked swr: 1.5:1on 40/1.3:1 on 1
clipped off 1/4"/clipped off another 1/4"
Now swr is 1.2:1 on 40 / almost flat match on 1/ halfway between those on 20 Yay me!!
According to this meter, this radio is putting out only about 10 watts on AM; hmmm....need to do something about that!!
Noticed the noise blanker button does nothing at all for noise!! Hmmm....I think I should use this button for something else??
Comments? Suggestions?
73's to all

"Sorry Ma'm; a slight negligence in his up-bringing"
John Wayne

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic