Need best mount for Tram Magnatic Mount coax swap

This forum provides help with antenna installation, as well as guidance on selecting the right antenna for your radio or mobile setup.
333 Andy
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Antenna: Maco V 5/8
Radio: Magnum S9

Need best mount for Tram Magnatic Mount coax swap

Post by 333 Andy »

I will soon be getting a 102"whip for my 1999 Chevy Suburban and putting a Tram Tri magnetic mount with 6" heavy duty Hustler Spring on the roof of it.I will be running a 1x4 into it and need to exchange the coax with the Browning BR-240.I just need to know what mount I can use to swap out the one that it comes with and put on my own coax and mount but Iam not sure what I can use because Iam not sure how much room is between the plate on the magnets and the roof?I just need on that is heavy duty enought for the 102" whip and handle the power I will put to it and have plenty of room under the plate.
333 Andy
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Re: Need best mount for Tram Magnatic Mount coax swap

Post by 333 Andy »

So I was also looking at the MM-3402He tri magnetic mount that H@Y electronics is selling and wondering if that would be a better match than the Tram magna mount because of so239 on it and ability to put my own coax on.Any suggestions to this post or my other post above would be greatly appreaciated!!!
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Swap out the mounting stud section on the Tri Mag you have now with a Terminal Style Stud mount...(not the kind of studs where the coax screws on, but rather the kind where you would have to split the coax into two wires...hot and ground. then attach the hot conductor wire of the coax to the center screw on the mounting stud...The ground strap wire would be ran either to the plate that the magnets are attached to, or you can run it to one of the magnets them selfs...)

Doing it this way, you can use whatever coax you want...
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
333 Andy
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by 333 Andy »

Thanks man I will do that once I get it in the mail in the next week.I will probably run the ground of the coax to the plate base and bolt it to the plate and run an additional ground from the plate to the frame or body witch is already grounded to the frame,but thanks for the help...