Turner +2 mike color shift from blue to green?

This forum is a valuable resource for microphone information, including wiring details and more. If you need assistance with choosing a high-quality microphone for your radio, feel free to ask here.
MrBubble
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Turner +2 mike color shift from blue to green?

Post by MrBubble »

The original documentation for this mike says the color is Light Blue Hammertone. However, some of the mikes appear to be more green in color than blue. And some posts in this forum and other places will refer to their Turner +2 mike as the "green model".

I purchased a few mikes to restore and one of them happened to be green. When I removed the volume decal and the chrome front from the head I noticed right away that the paint color hidden under these coverings was blue, in contrast to the green color everywhere else the mike surface was normally exposed.

(I would attach a photo but new members are not allowed to upload photos). :icon_rolleyes:

So I'm wondering if there ever really was a green version of this mike? It may be they all started out as blue and some of them changed color over time from blue to green due to some instability in the paint.

This question will settle it: Has anyone purchased a new green Turner +2 mike during its production era circa 1965 -1974?
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Turner +2 mike color shift from blue to green?

Post by MDYoungblood »

Blue was the color, didn't think they made any other. The pigment in the paint faded over the year.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: Boogieman
Antenna: 2ft Wire hanger
Radio: RCI 2950 Mirage

Re: Turner +2 mike color shift from blue to green?

Post by »

MrBubble wrote:(I would attach a photo but new members are not allowed to upload photos). :icon_rolleyes:
Hey...

If you go through the rules that you agreed to when you joined CBRT...you'll find that you will be allowed more privileges as your post count increases.

This helps to keep the spammers and troublemakers at bay.

Any questions, please feel free to contact any CBRT Admin or Moderator.

Bombero
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman