97 ford ranger alt upgrade

This forum is the place to seek assistance with batteries, alternators, and charging systems.
country29
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: Country

97 ford ranger alt upgrade

Post by country29 »

new to the board, been wondering about what to do to upgrade charging system on 97 ranger 3.0 v6, want to set up for a 2x4 or maybe 2x6 at the most, dont have box yet, figured I oughta set up charge system first. what should I do?? how many amps on alt. and how many/what kind of batts? all help would be appreciated. also will it hurt to upgrade all this and not have a load on it until I get box? I am a mechanic for a living and been around cars all my life, but this is my first trip doing something like this, thanks in advance. sorry for so many questions but figured I would throw them all out there, thanks.

Re: 97 ford ranger alt upgrade

Post by 127 »

country29 wrote:new to the board, been wondering about what to do to upgrade charging system on 97 ranger 3.0 v6, want to set up for a 2x4 or maybe 2x6 at the most, dont have box yet, figured I oughta set up charge system first. what should I do?? how many amps on alt. and how many/what kind of batts? all help would be appreciated. also will it hurt to upgrade all this and not have a load on it until I get box? I am a mechanic for a living and been around cars all my life, but this is my first trip doing something like this, thanks in advance. sorry for so many questions but figured I would throw them all out there, thanks.

http://www.mechman.com/