HAS ANYBODY BEEN GETTING ANY GOOD SKIP LATELY???

Let's just talk skip... a great place to join the prestigious CB radio Hall of Fame.
1206FL
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Re: HAS ANYBODY BEEN GETTING ANY GOOD SKIP LATELY???

Post by 1206FL »

I got 161 Jay in Australia today at around 6:30pm EST. Also had good qso with some Cali stations and a few others like 455 pirate radio out of AZ. Hopefully there will be more to come.
southwind

Post by southwind »

:bounce: I turned on the radio a couple of days ago and there it was. The locals have been so quite for close to a month till then. The weather is so strange here in N.E. Georgia and glad it's back and hope it stay's awhile. :cheers: :cheers:
grease rag
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Antenna: Wilson 1000
Radio: Stryker SR-955HPC

Post by grease rag »

I have not really heard anything for the last month here in east central Iowa, but I only run a mobile for the time being. I was making great contacts before that in the afternoon. Funny how mother nature can be helping one minute and simply shut us down the next. Must be time to start working on getting a base up and running.
Scholar
Donor
Donor
Antenna: Sirio Tornado
Radio: RCI-2995

Post by Scholar »

Skip was rolling in from Cali today and oh what a mess that was. People trying to talk and the little children with the noisemakers. That two days in a row where the skip rolled in from Cali in the afternoon.
Scholar (John)
KEB7787

"7787" ---- 38 lsb

Base
RCI 2995DXCF ---- MFJ-299Mic ---- Sirio Tornado 5/8 Wave Antenna
Galaxy DX2547

Mobile
RCI-2950DX ---- Wilson 1000 Antenna
WK2
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Antenna: 102" Whip
Radio: Galaxy DX99V

Post by WK2 »

Past 2 days for me have been from either Québec Canada or Puerto Rico in the afternoon around 16:00 hrs CST until about 19:00 hrs CST. Makes for a good 30 minute drive home from work.
Radio : Galaxy DX99V / Mic : Converted Military M-80C/U / Ext Speaker : Converted Military LS-454/U / Off Road Antenna : K40 4' Super Flex / On Road Antenna : 102" Whip w/G.P. 6" Riser

Dave -> WK2 -> WickedKlown2-> CBRT # 26657
DevilDog66
Donor
Donor
Antenna: Sirio5000/Nagoya77B
Radio: 980SSB/YaesuFT3200DR

Post by DevilDog66 »

WK2 wrote:Past 2 days for me have been from either Québec Canada or Puerto Rico in the afternoon around 16:00 hrs CST until about 19:00 hrs CST. Makes for a good 30 minute drive home from work.
WOW! Thats what I'm getting down here in SE Louisiana except for Quebec Canada. I can hear the Puerto Rican stations as if they were in my backyard! I'll see if I can get a radio check from you around that time WK2. I'm usually on my way to work or coming home from work around then. 3's to ya WK2!
8)
Semper Fi! HML-767 NOMADS 1985-1990/Mobile: Uniden 980 SSB/Sirio Performer 5000/Hand Held Uniden HH401/K40 mag mount/Radio Shack TRC-482/Cobra HG Power mic/SRA-198 mic
Balendor
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Antenna: K-30
Radio: Bearcat 980 ssb

Post by Balendor »

there was a lot of activity on ssb both upper and lower this morning around 9 local time. this is the most I have heard around here in a month multiple channels across ssb. did you guys pick up anythings on ssb this morning?
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Talked to Copperhead in Cali this afternoon like he was sitting in my front yard...then 2 minutes later skip was history....Starting to switch back to the East now.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
1206FL
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 1206FL »

Yeah it's been same here JJD. Had Cali for a bit then it was gone. Talked to a couple of people on 37lsb but like you said here one minute gone the next. Hopefully over the pond will start coming in. Heard one station from UK today.
1206FL
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 1206FL »

Also spoke to NY, and Canada last night around 10pm. Conditions were in/out. But I did manage to speak with rebel radio in NY, and some guy in Ontario, Canada in Blueberry Hill, wherever that is LOL. But seems like the conditions are picking up a bit. It's nice and cool here this AM in Central FL! Brisk!!!
Scholar
Donor
Donor
Antenna: Sirio Tornado
Radio: RCI-2995

Post by Scholar »

1206FL wrote:Also spoke to NY, and Canada last night around 10pm. Conditions were in/out. But I did manage to speak with rebel radio in NY, and some guy in Ontario, Canada in Blueberry Hill, wherever that is LOL. But seems like the conditions are picking up a bit. It's nice and cool here this AM in Central FL! Brisk!!!

I believe I heard you talking to Canada last night. I was sitting by side reading the mail. I'm in Western NY and here the Canadian stations all the time.
Scholar (John)
KEB7787

"7787" ---- 38 lsb

Base
RCI 2995DXCF ---- MFJ-299Mic ---- Sirio Tornado 5/8 Wave Antenna
Galaxy DX2547

Mobile
RCI-2950DX ---- Wilson 1000 Antenna
simon007
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by simon007 »

Over here in Budapest Hungary the band has been really quiet on AM/SSB. Sometimes Russia on FM, Super Bowl heard now and then but compared to the last years it is indeed a lot less than usual
CB since 1978
Blog:www.simonthewizard.com
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/simonthewizard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CB Technical / Radio Design

Mostly On A Uniden Or Qixiang
1206FL
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 1206FL »

Yes it is Simon!! Hopefully when it cools some we will hear you gents across the pond like we normally do about this time of year. Here around FL anyway.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Post by silvereagle1 »

Started getting some west coast DX today. Heard good ole 4444 for a little while and talked to big blue for 20 minutes or so today just a bit above 405. Maybe it's a good sign.
Simon: the new Grant 2 with the heat sink and new computer chip is that "president" or is it a third party doing this work?
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee