cobra 142gtl

A place to ask questions about base setup for CB radios or HAM radios. Talk about your experiences, seek advice, and share knowledge.
299 Georgia
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

cobra 142gtl

Post by 299 Georgia »

Hello everyone, I have cobra 142 gtl and it needs a ac power supply. I need some help with a part number or where I could possibly buy one. Thanks for the help in advance.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: Boogieman
Antenna: 2ft Wire hanger
Radio: RCI 2950 Mirage

Re: cobra 142gtl

Post by »

Hey..

Check with any of our sponsors here: For a list of our sponsors click here!

Bombero
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

southwind

Post by southwind »

:bounce: A big hello 299 Georgia, as op showed you a link to forum sponsor's, go to Gi Joe's on the right side of the sponsor page, click on their home page, on the l/side go down to power supplies. My suggestion is the third one down with two meters. It has one for amps and one for volts. PS 26 KX (1710) This will handle what your looking for now and in the future, if you buy a small one and later decide to run an amp, it will not do the job. JMHO and good luck from one Georgia Dawg to another, 3's to you/yours, and have a good evening. :cheers:
ogdoa
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Antenna: Maco v5000/102"
Radio: Cobra 2000/RCI2970

Post by ogdoa »

southwind wrote::bounce: A big hello 299 Georgia, as op showed you a link to forum sponsor's, go to Gi Joe's on the right side of the sponsor page, click on their home page, on the l/side go down to power supplies. My suggestion is the third one down with two meters. It has one for amps and one for volts. PS 26 KX (1710) This will handle what your looking for now and in the future, if you buy a small one and later decide to run an amp, it will not do the job. JMHO and good luck from one Georgia Dawg to another, 3's to you/yours, and have a good evening. :cheers:
I am not sure but I think he is looking for the internal power supply. I have had this problem before with them burning out and it is just easier to run an external IMHO. They seem to run better on the external supplies for some reason. Maybe one of the techs on this site can explain why. If you are dead set on getting the internal working...try to find a parts radio to salvage one from. They are pretty easy to find.
Sometimes you feel like a duck....sometimes you dont.
151 FRIED CHICKEN
Branson, MO
Home channel
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

I would first hook it up to a external power supply to determine that it is indeed a bad internal supply. Does it hum when turned on? Several different things could be wrong with it, the big cap, regulator, the on/off switch, might even be a bad internal/external switch on the back.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department