Trc - 434 Navajo help

A place to ask questions about base setup for CB radios or HAM radios. Talk about your experiences, seek advice, and share knowledge.
WINKDOGG420
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.
Handle: 4-2-ZERO NJ not 420
Antenna: Maco V 5/8 , Wilson
Radio: Connex,Cobra,Galaxy

Trc - 434 Navajo help

Post by WINKDOGG420 »

Hey guys I have a ton of equipment as you may already know but while digging around for one of my cobra 142's I found a Realistic Navajo Trc-343 NIB . Not sure where or when I got it but I decided to hook her up and take it for a spin and possibly tune it up . The wonderful internet seems to have no info on this radio anywhere . I think its the newest Navajo Radio Shack made so probably the most fcc compliant and therefore least alluring base from the Navajo collection . I have 4-5 Radio Shack bases including the CB-Fone ! All the rest having tuning and schematics available but nothing on the 343?? So anyone with knowledge of this radio or even if you know where to find info on it let me know! Im by no means a professional tech but I know my way around a radio but still don't want to go off half **Censored** and start turning pots and swapping caps and resistors with no documentation ! As of now it dead keys 3.6 and swings 4.1 (Bird Watts) with 80% modulation but the audio has no compression or "punch and sounds like a walkie :) So why is there no info available on this radio ?? A crap board perhaps ? Bad radio in general? Who knows but I want to know more so let me know if you have any words on the subject !

73's Winkdogg 4-2-0 in the Garden State ! :?:

-- Thursday, 19 February 2015, 21:17 PM --

Ok maybe im dyslexic ?? Its a trc - 434 but still very little info on the net any help would be great!

(edited by MDY, corrected title)
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Trc - 434 Navajo help

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hey WINKDOGG420,
Fixed the topic title for you . This is the only thing I could find on the radio, saw a pic, not a bad looking radio I will say.

Realistic TRC434: L6, L3, L1, Q12

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
WINKDOGG420
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.
Handle: 4-2-ZERO NJ not 420
Antenna: Maco V 5/8 , Wilson
Radio: Connex,Cobra,Galaxy

Re: Trc - 434 Navajo help

Post by WINKDOGG420 »

Yeah the direct entry keypad looks cool that's prob why I got it :)

Thanks , Brian

MDYoungblood wrote:Hey WINKDOGG420,
Fixed the topic title for you . This is the only thing I could find on the radio, saw a pic, not a bad looking radio I will say.

Realistic TRC434: L6, L3, L1, Q12

3's

Greg