2012 F250 full console,2 way gear goes where?

If you need help or advice on setting up a mobile, this forum is the perfect place to ask.
RoadHoag
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

2012 F250 full console,2 way gear goes where?

Post by RoadHoag »

Trying to figure out where to mount radio and gear in 2012 F250 with the full flow through console? Any ideas or example would be greatly appreciated!

Come on you Super Duty guys, share you creativity please! Thanks in advance!

RH
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: 2012 F250 full console,2 way gear goes where?

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hello RoadHog,
What radio are you planning to install, that gives an idea of the size. I know your problem, running into the same thing with my Jeep Wrangler. Installing it on the passenger's side eliminates a lot of legroom so that is a no go. There is a mount that attaches to the screws on the left side of the dash and mounts the radio on the dash left, but it will only handle a small radio. I did a Galaxy radio on the dash center drilling the mounting holes in the tray for the bracket, that can easily be replaced when selling the truck.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
RoadHoag
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by RoadHoag »

MDYoungblood wrote: March 29th, 2017, 7:03 am Hello RoadHog,
What radio are you planning to install, that gives an idea of the size. I know your problem, running into the same thing with my Jeep Wrangler. Installing it on the passenger's side eliminates a lot of legroom so that is a no go. There is a mount that attaches to the screws on the left side of the dash and mounts the radio on the dash left, but it will only handle a small radio. I did a Galaxy radio on the dash center drilling the mounting holes in the tray for the bracket, that can easily be replaced when selling the truck.

3's

Greg

Well, same size radios, 148GTL or my Connex, full size radios which isn't helping matters? I sure hate to have my gear up on the dash a drill holes up there. I'm leaning towards making up a carpet wrapped block to slip in the map pocket on the drivers side of the console to screw the bracket to, and not drill any holes in the console either! This is how it was set up when it was in my Tahoe, but I drilled the console? Had my amp under the seat in tat too, but I can't see it fitting under the F250 seat with all the power stuff for the seat under there on either side? No place to go with that where I can reach it from the drivers seat either? This kind of stinks! Wish I didn't have the big console now, as the front side of the smaller console would be a great place! :icon_e_sad:
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

Yes, big radios for sure. The only drilling if placed on the center of the dash is that plastic tray there, you would drill to mount the radio bracket and to bring the coax / power wires . That left mount wouldn't work for those radios. If Rob comes by I'll snap a couple pics and post them of his install.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department