Magnum 1

If you need help or advice on setting up a mobile, this forum is the perfect place to ask.
Soberbyker
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Magnum 1

Post by Soberbyker »

Who has one? How's it set up? What coax, antenna, etc are you using? How about the radio's settings, what's optimal for mobile?

I recently picked one up and know nothing about this type of radio. I've always had basic Uniden's/Cobra's, peaked and tuned, but without all the extras. Two possible vehicles the radio may end up in is my Jeep Wrangler JKU (4 door) or more likely, my work truck, a tri-axle dump.

Any tips/tricks/education y'all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Magnum 1

Post by MDYoungblood »

I don't have one but a local did get one, sounds good after he fiddled with it for a while, if you don't have a manual here is a download site for it,
http://www.cbradio.nl/magnum/ ... G_V1.0.pdf
The radio also resembles these models, the displays are different but the insides are the same, some of these manuals have other menu driven items that will also work on the Magnum 1,
K-po M-8800
MAXLOC M-8800
Voyage BR9200
Keep us informed on how you like it.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Soberbyker
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Re: Magnum 1

Post by Soberbyker »

MDYoungblood wrote:I don't have one but a local did get one, sounds good after he fiddled with it for a while, if you don't have a manual here is a download site for it,
~snip~
The radio also resembles these models, the displays are different but the insides are the same, some of these manuals have other menu driven items that will also work on the Magnum 1,
K-po M-8800
MAXLOC M-8800
Voyage BR9200
Keep us informed on how you like it.

3's

Greg
Thanks, I did find the manual online, at the same link I believe. One of a few videos I've watched on this radio mentioned it shares the same board as the MAXLOG.

Wow, not even allowed to quote a link, had to cut yours out in order to post.

-- Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:08 pm --

Oh well, guess no one has this radio. I'm really clueless with this thing.