jwr1221
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Sparked Galaxy 949
Name: Josh
Referrals: 1

Boomer Deluxe 400 ??

Post by jwr1221 » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 15:10 PM

Hi Guys! Another amp question for you from a newbie...

I've been keeping my eyes open on Craigslist for a bigger / better amp to replace the one I stole for $20... (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)...

I ran across a Boomer Deluxe 400 that the guys wants $100 for... The Pics in the posting show it with the typical 3 switches (power, low/med/high and preamp) and it shows that it says "hi drive" on the front along with "automatic side band". It also looks like it says "Class AB" in the bottom right of the faceplat, but it's hard to see for sure on the picture...

So here's the question... I don't know how old it is and in the posting, it sounds like they guy doesn't even know what exactly it is for and bought it at an estate sale and has no way to even test it...

Anybody know what pills this amp has and if it would be a respectable choice for SSB? I did a bunch of searching and found some mentions of it, but nothing definitive...

I attached one fo the pictures from the posting so you can see it...

Thanks!
-JWR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nagant
Donor
Donor
Radio: To Many To List
Antenna: M104C, V-Quad
Name: Paul

Re: Boomer Deluxe 400 ??

Post by Nagant » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 17:14 PM

I ran and sold many of them back in the 1990's and early 2000's. IIRC they use four MRF455 or 1446's. I believe they were class AB but I can't be 100% certain about that. CB tricks doesn't have a schematic on the 400. I probably have one for them buried in a pile of papers somewhere.
Worm on AM or 262 on SSB.

Pills are for swallowing!

My YouTube CB Radio Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/262NagantRa ... e=mhee#p/u

jwr1221
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Sparked Galaxy 949
Name: Josh

Post by jwr1221 » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 19:08 PM

Assuming this one works, do you recall how it did on SSB? (I've seen in some of the other threads that people said that Boomers were the low of the low when it came to amps...)

Nagant
Donor
Donor
Radio: To Many To List
Antenna: M104C, V-Quad
Name: Paul

Post by Nagant » Sunday, 21 November 2010, 22:27 PM

Sadly I don't remember how they performed on SSB. To many years ago since I've used one.
Worm on AM or 262 on SSB.

Pills are for swallowing!

My YouTube CB Radio Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/262NagantRa ... e=mhee#p/u

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic