Show your Every Day Carry gear for survival

Just a off topic area for people to come and post.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Show your Every Day Carry gear for survival

Post by Squirrel 14 » Sunday, 02 October 2016, 4:16 AM

After reading the Going Home series by A. American i thought about having to possibly walk far distances to get home in a crisis situation. This is currently my bug out bag / survival pack, it's missing key things like water filtration, solar power and an antenna but that's in the works.

I want to see your on the go, get out of dodge, and survival packs and what gear, especially antennas y'all are using.
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire

Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Re: Show your Every Day Carry gear for survival

Post by Squirrel 14 » Sunday, 02 October 2016, 4:18 AM

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire

Bluerunner
Donor
Donor
Radio: Cobra 142
Antenna: Starduster
Name: Mike

Post by Bluerunner » Sunday, 02 October 2016, 7:41 AM

I have a 40 ch Cb walky talky with nicad batteries and a rolled up end fed wire antenna that can be tossed up in a tree. Also a pair of GMRS/FRS walky talkies for radio gear.
I found a Volkswagen solar 12 volt solar panel panel that is small & strudy for battery charging.

I use one of those metal framed backpacks kept ready to roll out as needed. Gotta keep it light, it gets heavy real fast hauling it in the woods.

I have a full page two column list of everything I thought would be essential. I don't see how anyone can carry the needed hardware etc and enough food & water to last more than three days.
If you have water like a creek, river or even a ditch that can be chemically purified, or boiled you might go 6 days and be hungry. Water is very heavy. Depends on your geography if you can forage.

Handy for hurricane evacuations, or other disasters. People that are hungry, sick and infected from dirty water, and improper food & utensil preparation won't be too much different from hordes of zombies.

Rabbit Ears
Donor
Donor
Radio: President HR2600
Antenna: Sirio 27 tornado
Name: Cliff
Home Phone: 307-674-1541

Post by Rabbit Ears » Monday, 03 October 2016, 5:05 AM

A buck knife, a Brunton compass, a topographical map of our state, a Leatherman, two fully charged all-mode walkie talkies, a folding solar charger, a burner phone, 3 days MRE for two (we share with dog), a couple of boxes of rounds 45ACP & 30-06, plus wife and dog. BIBLE. All THREE of us are on the carry. I have the Winchester & Colt 1911.... She has a Colt 1911 + dog. We leave hoping for the best.

Well... everyday carry. A Buck 110 knife, a burner phone, and a Brunton compass.
Read the Constitution.
FREEDOM and USA FOREVER
STAND UP FOR THE FLAG!!!

President Grant DX four button (1983 model) PC-999 *in my truck*
President HR2600 (PRIMARY BASE)
President HR2510 (backup base) *solar powered*
K40 magmount
Microphones: Turner +3 *two of them* Turner Super Side Kick
Palomar TX-150 amp
RM Italy KL300P (A/B modded)
BIRD 43P
Sirio Tornado 27 5/8 wave antenna