4 legged friend for Christmas.

Just a off topic area for people to come and post.

Moderator: JR Moderator

dirtyjob
Donor
Donor
Radio: Many
Antenna: Super Penetrator 500
Name: Mark
Home Phone: Unit 613 Boston
Cell Phone: CBRT 18204
Referrals: 2

4 legged friend for Christmas.

Post by dirtyjob » Friday, 19 December 2014, 6:52 AM

Recently a pal asked if i was still looking for a dog, I was, my 13 year old has been wanting one for a long while and with the new house we have plenty of room and a large yard now.
I asked my friend what the story was with the dog he knew about, thats when it got interesting, seems his cousin had this dog they had since it was a pup, it is presently 4 years old, I was kinda turned off on that but as he went on with the story I got interested real fast... seems the people that had this animal had obviously lost interest in him, they kept him in a box cage just about all the time, fed him apparently when they felt like it which couldnt have been too often since he was obviously under weight because you could see his shoulder bladed, ribs and spine. Man this broke my heart, my friend went on to say these people would cover his cage with a blanket and kick his cage if he barked.
Well I told my friend if he could obtain the dog and bring him by for me to see, he did and it was obvious this dog needed help love and attention asap. I told him if these people that owned him were wanting to give him away I would take him, he called them and I spoke to his cousins wife, man what a **Censored** she was, she told me if i wanted him I could gladdly have him as she had no use for the animal, never wanted him in the 1st place and would be happy to see him gone, well I was like, sure I will be happy to have him and assured her he will have a great home with us and would be well taken care of, i really dont think she gave 2 craps what i said anyways.

1st thing i did next was take him to our local vet for a complete evaluation, there he recieved all his vacinations he prolly hasnt seen a vet since he was a pup and was long overdue, his nails were about 2 1/2 inches long he had an ear infection "otitis" and he had his own hair impacted in his gums, the doc fixed him up, gave him some stuff for his ears, clipped tose long nails, fixed up his mouth, gave him all his vacinations and told me he was the best behaved animal he had had in a long time.

This dogs temperment is the best I have seen, I have had 4 dogs in the past. All he wants is to be loved and be part of our family.

The doc said he weighs 68 pounds but needs to put on about 10lbs, he goes back to the doc January 8th for a follow up.

The people I got him from gave me that cage he was living in for the past 3 years, Of course he wants nothing to do with that cage and I cant say as I blame him, I threw it in my garage where it will stay, the thing has dents in it from the outside denting in, where they "the owners" kicked it while he was inside.

I also believe he was hit on a regular basis because when you go to pat him he ducks his head.

I have yet to hear this dog make a sound, he hasnt barked once or anything, most likely in fear of doing so maybe.

His tail hasnt stopped wagging at my home, I think he is estatic to see people, anyone at all, I took him to work and everyone loves him, I'm so happy he is doing well and that my friend mentioned him to me.

Browning Golden Eagle Mark IVA - Mark III & Mark II
"LISTEN FOR THE PING"
Kenwood TS-590S - Yaesu FT897D - W2IHY 8 Band EQ - W2IHY EQPlus
Yaesu FT-101E - Tram D201A - President Lincoln - CP2000
Gizmotchy G-31 Beam
Super Penetrator 500 5/8 Wave
Comet GP9 2 meter/440
"North East Corner Of Massachusetts 613"
CBRT 18204

(Click image to enlarge)

sonoma
Donor
Donor

Re: 4 legged friend for Christmas.

Post by sonoma » Friday, 19 December 2014, 7:32 AM

I hate to see a dog get treated like that. they are so much fun to have around. I have 2 rotts and they are great companions at all times.

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Friday, 19 December 2014, 7:55 AM

That's great you ended up with him. I love my dog and I've been gone a lot lately. When I get home he won't know whether to be mad or glad but once he sees me grab his leash his tail will surely go into the propeller mode and all will be forgiven.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

MDYoungblood
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg

Post by MDYoungblood » Friday, 19 December 2014, 11:13 AM

After being abused it does take some time to warm up to humans, time and patients will prevail. You got a great little dog there, enjoy him.

3's

Greg
ImageImageImage

"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment

Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department

halfwatt959
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: too many to list
Antenna: maco base/ whip mobi
Name: karl hammons sr

Post by halfwatt959 » Friday, 19 December 2014, 16:49 PM

I don't understand how people can mistreat any dog. We just had to put my snauser down a few weeks ago because he caught or had diabetic keneacetosis and wasn't responding to treatment. Broke my heart. It was the hardest thing Ive ever done. Love your dog because he will love you no matter what.
2 and 3/4 DX RADIO CHAOS. Halfwatt959 " I MAY NOT CAN FIX IT BUT I CAN TAKE IT APART"
I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!

Slyguy
Radio: Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom
Antenna: Yes
Name: Sly
Referrals: 1

Post by Slyguy » Monday, 22 December 2014, 14:35 PM

I'm glad you got him. That just makes me sick when people mistreat animals. Our dog is part of the family and that's how it should be. Again I'm glad the little guy found a good home and is away from that trash.
Slyguy
Zero Six Three
Sherman Texas

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

Big blue
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: RHF618; 500Z Amp.
Antenna: Maco M103C
Name: AZ 590

Post by Big blue » Wednesday, 24 December 2014, 9:47 AM

DJ:

I have owned bulldogs since the 1990's and there looks like some english bulldog in your newly acquired pet. Do you know what its' breed composition is? Some boxer in there perhaps?

Steve

Windwalker 1
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Galaxy DX94HP
Antenna: K-40// Wilson MagMnt

Post by Windwalker 1 » Wednesday, 24 December 2014, 16:17 PM

Nice looking dog. It doesnt suprise me that he moves his head when you go to pet him. That dog has some boxer in him and they are Not lapdogs. They have a totally different mentality when it comes to that type of contact. My dog still does that and I have had him over 2 years. Swing your arms at the dog and if he runs or acts funny then you know he has been hit or beaten at some point in his life.
My current dog also has a story!! I got him from some kid going down the street that said he couldnt keep him because of his parents and feeding him. He was just 12 weeks and I gave him 40 dollars for the dog. Well it turns out that the kid was planning all along to come steal the dog back as soon as possible. People I had never seen before were walking down my street now ( short street ) with rags to grab the dogs mouth and take him away. The kid who sold him to me also tried to take him right in front of me. He tried to ride up on a bike unhook the dog and ride off with the dog chasing him. This kid also started to come around just after dark regular to look to get lucky to steal the dog back. Turns out the kid lived on the next street over and the whole neighborhood was waiting to see him Get his dog back. ( all his friends ) Well one day I was working night shift I didnt feel well and was going to work late. It was dark out and as I came out of my house here comes this kid again. He sees me in my uniform and he froze. He didnt know I was a detective. After that I dont think he wanted much more to do with me or stealing the dog. So that is part of the story but there is more. Shortly after I got the dog I noticed strange behavior from this 12 week old puppy. He was happy but something didnt seem right so I took him to the Vet that they use down at the county courts. The dog was found positive for cocaine ( most likely crack cocaine ) and had extremely high levels of sodium in his system. So the Vet told me that the kid was giving the dog some sort of cocaine mixed in with salt to cover up some of the flavor of the drug. The Vet told me that people do that to train a dog for fighting. Kinda like to make them crazy. So all I could do was wait for the drugs to clear the dogs system. So I watched the dog and he got better but every time I saw that kid I wanted to lets just say fix him up !! I had to watch this kid try to steal my dog many times without actually being able to do anything about what he had done to the dog. That was tough. Currently the dog is doing great but Im sure he still has withdrawls from time to time. He still wont eat anything salty and the killing part about that is when you offer him a salted snack like a potato chip from Idaho or salted nuts he looks at you like why are you trying to posion me. He really gets upset if you try to give him some Mcdonalds french fries. He also wont eat anything unless he sees me eating it. He does eat his dog food but I give him that the same way everyday so he is common to that. Being a problem dog from day one I decided to train him with love instead of the other common methods. Now he listens to me and does what I say because he knows that I love him. 100% Im gonna try to get a pic of him I can post.
Can anyone else post a picture of their dog ??

Later

WW1

wild willy
Donor
Donor
Radio: Many Different
Antenna: SS Whip, Dipole
Name: Bill

Post by wild willy » Thursday, 25 December 2014, 9:24 AM

That is a sad story with a happy ending. God bless both of you for adopting these dogs. Dogs will be the best friend you ever have and will not forsake you.
Piledriver on AM, 514 Baltimore...Member since 2009, but they can't fix it.

I know just enough not to work on my own radios!

sonoma
Donor
Donor

Post by sonoma » Thursday, 25 December 2014, 9:38 AM

in 1997 I adopted a rot from the pound on a saturday morning that was about 1 year old . they were going to put him to sleep on monday. he lived with me until he was 13 years old and was one of the best dogs I ever had.

phidil
Donor
Donor
Radio: cobra 142 gtl
Antenna: Maco v58
Name: philip

Post by phidil » Thursday, 25 December 2014, 16:59 PM

Beautiful dog and story. God bless

Lakotawalker
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: General lee cobra 29
Antenna: Maco v 58. Monkey ma
Name: rickie endicott
Cell Phone: 6158097800

Post by Lakotawalker » Sunday, 10 July 2016, 13:24 PM

I know its an old post but just couldn't help opening it up my rotty is my best friend, very well temperament minds better than any of my children did , and people who would do that to an animal should be done the same way take no prisoner :rambo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic