Florida in winter

Just a off topic area for people to come and post.

Moderator: JR Moderator

108dt206
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Name: barry

Florida in winter

Post by 108dt206 » Tuesday, 03 December 2013, 2:55 AM

Thinking about coming over to orlando florida on vacation for Xmas and new year 2014.. I've always went during the summer although the latest I've went was end of oct beginning of nov ( for the good ladies 40th ). What sort of weather can we expect over Xmas and new year.. Suppose it's a question for the floridians.. Over to you guys..
May even try to get on the radio while over there...
27.555 usb...the best place to talk to the world..

Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: Uniden/Icom/Cobra
Referrals: 1

Re: Florida in winter

Post by 231 » Tuesday, 03 December 2013, 18:41 PM

Hopefully one of the Florida folks will jump in and give you allot more accurate feel of what to expect. But when I lived in Tampa usually December - January were really hit or miss. It could get down into the 20's sometimes at night, mid 40's during the day. More often than not it was clear and dry though, hovering around the 50's and even getting up into the 60's sometimes. I lived there a very long time and surely don't remember winters being warm and sunny like Hawaii is. LOL

bump for your post. And enjoy your trip!

108dt206
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Name: barry

Post by 108dt206 » Wednesday, 04 December 2013, 1:03 AM

Thanx 231. Undecided yet about destination, just doing my homework first.. Hawaii you say mmmmm
27.555 usb...the best place to talk to the world..

222DBFL
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Icom 746
Antenna: Sirio Vecotor 4K
Name: Sean McCarthy

Post by 222DBFL » Wednesday, 04 December 2013, 2:22 AM

I am not in FL right now, but was told it's around 70-75 right now around Orlando. Iive in the Daytona beach area and talked to my gf last night, she said it got cool , it that it's now warm again, it's Wierd down in fl, one week it could be 80 and the next it could be 50, ten day forecast shows lows in the 60's and highs at 75-80 degrees. Unless there is a big winter storm coming it shouldn't be that cold. It is nice during this time of year as there are definitely less people going to the theme parks and the lines shouldn't be bad at all. Pack a light jacket and some jeans and you should be good. 222DBFL , I should be home around this time, pm me if you like and I'll let you know exactly what the conditions are when I get home around the 16th of this month sir. God bless.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic