What is you C.B. Handle an why

Just a off topic area for people to come and post.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Trouble
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Referrals: 1

Post by Trouble » Friday, 27 June 2008, 15:53 PM

Back in the 80's and 90's I used to go by "Freestyle" but now I go by "Trouble."
Changed it because back then I was at Ft. Lewis, WA and moved back to Louisiana and needed to update my name with my rig.
Went with Trouble because as a police officer at the time, I had my radio in my patrol car. Used to tell em "if you see me in your rear view mirror, you got Trouble!"
No longer in police work (@18 years of that was enough) but I kept the handle because
#1- I am sentimental (emphasis on mental LOL)
#2- No one else in my area uses that name or anything similar sounding

Happy DX'ing!
Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" He replied, "My name is Legion, for we are many." -- Mark 5:9

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price

Post by Foxhunter » Friday, 27 June 2008, 21:05 PM

I'll be honest I've used (and still do) 3 handles. I've avoided using any handle that I've heard because I don't want to "copy-cat" someone else and I want to be myself.

Firestarter mainly when I cause(d) trouble on the airwaves. It was the title of one of my favorite songs by "The Prodigy". I try not to live that way any longer.

NineLives because I've nearly been killed enough times yet still managed to come thru. I have "The Eveready Cat" (black cat with lightning-bolt tail jumping thru the number nine) tattooed on one arm. Below is "Nine Lives". I got that finally after being accidentally shot in the jaw.

Foxhunter is my main handle because I am a Foxhunter. I like the name and it's unique for me. Additionally Foxhunting also is a name given for looking for hidden or distant signals/transmitters.

Just thought I'd add in....

I Remember

cobra jet
Donor
Donor

Post by cobra jet » Friday, 27 June 2008, 22:01 PM

As a kid back in the mid 60's from the Jersey shore and my interest in oceanic life, my handle was "Shark".

Now, following a few years layoff, getting back into one of my favorite hobbies, I decided to borrow from another favorite hobby from the 60's era and my high school drive. Back then, it was a 1969 Mercury "Cyclone", hence my AM handle. The car was powered by a Ford big block know as the "Cobra Jet" with a displacement of "428" my DX handle. Now that I reside in Pennsylvania, the SSB handle is "Keystone 428".

DJEEPER
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by DJEEPER » Friday, 27 June 2008, 22:18 PM

min is "813 DJEEPER". (813 is usually what i get called because its easier to say than djeeper... or beekeeper, or streetsweeper... when people misunderstand :lol: )

8/13 is my birthday and anniversary with the miss. (best president i ever had)

and Djeeper is just what i came up with when i was 15 with my new jeep wrangler. D-Jeeper (the jeeper). many people refer to me as "the jeep guy" because im so obsessed :roll: :lol:

so thats my story... :D

Falcon99V
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Galaxy 2517
Antenna: Smokin Joe Gun II
Name: Bill

Post by Falcon99V » Saturday, 28 June 2008, 6:15 AM

Ok. Since I was real small I always was fascinated by birds, mainly Eagles. But wen I got into radio of course Eagles were everyone Else's favorite bird as well and I couldn't think of a creative handle relating to an Eagle so, I took my next interesting bird,,,,, "Falcon" and that handle has been her for years. In the chat's I added a 99v because Falcon is common out here. It also is one of the favorite radios I have ever had. So its Falcon on the airwaves and Falcon99v anywhere on the web.

Not an O'WOW story but there it is!

LOL

SmallTruckBigRadio
Donor
Donor
Radio: SWP / SR RCI 2950dx

Post by SmallTruckBigRadio » Saturday, 28 June 2008, 11:06 AM

Gatorbait

This name was given to me by radio buddies / co-workers.

1) I'm from South Louisiana (Alligators down there)

2) There was a supervisor at work that liked to give me trouble, his nickname was Gator, so that made me Gatorbait.
CB report card:
SWP SR RCI2950dx +TB +echo(A++)
SWP SR General Lee(A+) VarTB +10 pts
I've tried Galaxy 4 times (regretted every one)
DAVEMADE 3pill(A+) solid
FATBOY 3pill(A) almost a DaveMade
RK 56(A+) full sound, cords fail allot
Astatic 636L(A) best value, hold it against DaveMade!
Astatic D104M6(A) tinny, not noise cancelling
Shure 577b(A) only if you have a very hot radio, very low audio
SkyThumper ST-65DX(B) high energy, but junky sounding

MoJo
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Uniden 68, TR 696FD1
Home Phone: 2314211186

Post by MoJo » Saturday, 28 June 2008, 18:15 PM

MoJo

I have all ways been a Doors fan and in one song LA Woman he repeats over and over MR MOJO RISIN, which when unscrambled spells Jim Morrison the lad singer. Well my friend who I used to party with and underage drink with started calling me Mr Mojo Risin partly because of me liking the doors and partly because they said I acted the way he was portrayed to act in the movie.

It was soon shortened to Mr. Mojo, then just Mojo.

the_junkie
Donor
Donor
Radio: uniden pc68

Post by the_junkie » Sunday, 05 October 2008, 21:30 PM

I kinda hoped there was somethign like this out here so that no one would be wondering about the name in their heads

Everybody back home called my Copenhagen Junkie (a chris Ledoux Song) and then I came up here and met swamphog, and he just called Junkie over the radio, and boom...I had a handle. I added the 870 just because. My 870 Wingmaster 20 gauge with the improved cylinder and 28 in barrel is my baby, and I talk about her all the time.

They always call me Junkie, but sometimes, they throw an 870 at the end. And I'm back quiet
MOBILE:

1996 S-10 Pickup Truck
Aluminum Topper
200amp Leece-Neville
2 55-r4s
Cobra 29
1 pill Bull-It and 2 pill Bull-It
1x4 X-Force
5 Fighting Sticks
3 group 31 Batteries
PalStar PM2000am
All this = RELAY RELAY RELAY RELAY
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

magnum
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by magnum » Monday, 06 October 2008, 14:02 PM

Magnum because I have big features and of course after my kid Mr. 44 MAGNUM :wink:

papapena
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by papapena » Monday, 06 October 2008, 14:40 PM

PAPAPENA was given to me almost ten years ago,when I was in high school.By my ex girlfriend cause I was working a papa John's pizza and my last name is pena.plus its a good pick up line,"whats up baby you gonna let me papapena (pop up in ya)"any way for some reason it stuck and am still called papapena

Bigmic91
Donor
Donor

Post by Bigmic91 » Monday, 06 October 2008, 14:45 PM

My original handle was Sweet Feet. I got that playin highschool football. Then I got out of cbs for a while and when I got my new when I installed a swing kit and a guy was asking me about what I was running so I told him and he said oh your just a Big Mic huh and it sorta stuck. The 91 is the number of the dirt late model I used to work on so there ya go.

zeroDnow
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by zeroDnow » Monday, 06 October 2008, 15:06 PM

One day while the wife was at work, I was sitting around watching television and she called to see how the kids were doing... well, the answer was "we live in a zoo and the kids are driving me nuts!". She started calling me "Zoo Keeper" and it has stuck ever since. I thought it was appropriate to run with it.

Texas Mobil 219
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Uniden 78

Post by Texas Mobil 219 » Monday, 06 October 2008, 17:16 PM

My first handle when i got into Cbs was Triple 8 (888). When the first time i ever talked skip I heard someone else out there with the same call sign. I thought bummer. Anyway at the time i work in a pipe yard as a machinist. And we threaded water well casing. One day they load my rack with 6'' .219 wall pipe. Thats when it hit me. 219 was my new handle. For a long time I couldnt figure out a name to go with it. Another day i was talking skip and a ol boy out of the blue grass state #357 said that my base sounded really good. Well i informed him that it was my mobli unit.And he started calling me Texas Mobil 219. Needless to say right at that point Texas Mobil 219 got really busy. LOL

My local handle Transmittergetter. If you ever heard my Radio you will know why.

73s Texas Mobil 219 back quite.
219 Swinging on 108'' in Texas. NO SPRINGS AND ALL STAINLESS. MFJ-1966
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
Send your signal to the world

minitrucker
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by minitrucker » Monday, 06 October 2008, 17:43 PM

minitrucker cause i drive a minitruck! but i also have some jacked 4x4's

dcdeepwoods
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by dcdeepwoods » Monday, 06 October 2008, 18:06 PM

D C= D a r l i n g t o n County......Deep Woods= I am always in the woods hunting or fishing

I am better known by Big Bird. I am 6'4 and about 280 pounds. Back in 1993 while at work I had on a yellow rain suit working on the roof in a bad lightning storm. I had a really short guy working we me and he said "Come on Big Bird we have to get off this roof"! Stuck we me every since. I had several guys from my home town that worked with me and the Big Bird handle took over for Deep Woods since most of my coworkers hunted with me. Only 1 or 2 people still call me Deep Woods. I figured Big Bird was already taken on here so I went back to the Deep Woods and added D C for the county I am from.

lifesaver68
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Cobra 139XLR, 29LTD
Name: Don

Post by lifesaver68 » Monday, 06 October 2008, 18:49 PM

I bought my first radio (after begging my mom, but using my own money) when I was about 11 or 12, thanks to the influences of Smokey and The Bandit, Convoy (still 2 of my favorite movies), and my dad. Still had to have licenses back then, so I filled out the application for my mom and had her sign it and send it in; her call sign was KBPP-4820. Being young at the time and not very creative, I followed my dad's footsteps; his handle was Redcoat (I'm not sure why), and since red was my favorite color, I called myself Redcoat II. Over the years, my handle changed to Lifesaver. I've been an EMT for 25 years (recently retired), so I thought it fit. On SSB I'm 820 - remember Mom's call sign?

820 in Northwest Wisconsin wavin' to everyone...

The Bull
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by The Bull » Monday, 06 October 2008, 18:57 PM

lets see. i go by bulldawg 388 . Bulldawg becuase im a UGA fan . and 388 is form 3. Dale Sr. and 88 For Dale Jr.

SPANKY
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by SPANKY » Monday, 06 October 2008, 21:12 PM

My best friend has been calling me SPANKY off and on for over 30yrs. and to this day I have no idea why!

rodeojunkie
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by rodeojunkie » Monday, 13 October 2008, 0:23 AM

I have always gone by "rodeojunkie" because i have been involved with and a fan of rodeo for as long as i can remember.

Weasel Radio
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Magnum S980
Antenna: Imax
Name: Andy J
Cell Phone: 440-364-9300

Post by Weasel Radio » Monday, 13 October 2008, 4:41 AM

There is a pretty simple story behind mine. My first radio was a cheap Cobra with a Radio Shack magnet mount and could hardly get out so the locals started calling me "Weasel". I fixed the radio problem quick, but the name stuck with me! :roll:

woodchuck
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Cobra 29
Antenna: A-99
Name: Steve Whitson

Post by woodchuck » Monday, 13 October 2008, 5:29 AM

My handle is woodchuck and it came to me when I became a woodworker building cabinets I heard some one tell me how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood I was a saw man just pumping out the parts to build the cabinets it was wolf man before that back in the 80's.

Four
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Galaxy dx33
Antenna: MM6
Name: Scott

Post by Four » Monday, 13 October 2008, 5:37 AM

The First Handle i went by was Grindel from the book (or movie) beowolf.. it was given to me in high school football.. I kept the handle through vo-tech and when i moved back home to help dad with running the shop he had spent years building (both expanding and customers).. Everyone called me the rebel of the family.. only boy to have any piercings (only 1 in the ear) as well as the first to have a tattoo and my choice in music (about all music).. So after that i started using Four.. having it short for 4-bars-13-stars seeing the confederate (rebel) flag consisted of.. as well i chose those numbers for skip 413..

Git_R_Done
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by Git_R_Done » Monday, 13 October 2008, 7:24 AM

Mine is LUNCHBOX thats what my buddies in school used to call me cause I've always been heavy so it's stuck since then

the bandit43
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Name: megatron

Post by the bandit43 » Sunday, 26 October 2008, 9:55 AM

i used bandit years ago... got it from the movie smokey and the bandit

Charva
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by Charva » Sunday, 26 October 2008, 11:28 AM

I'm known as "Whip" on the radio.

I had a 79 Jeep CJ-7 with a 102" whip mounted on the side.

It started as "Big Whip" but eventually was shortened to just Whip.

On SSB it's "202 from Tonawanda NY" or just 202.

202 is my apartment #..easy to remember,

Dave

Shaft
Donor
Donor
Radio: SWP General Lee
Antenna: Predator 10k
Name: Bryan
Referrals: 2

Post by Shaft » Sunday, 26 October 2008, 13:01 PM

I can't believe I missed this old thread. I must have thought it was a similar one from a few years ago.

I took mine from the Theme from "Shaft". Back then I had gotten really big into disco and funk music and that was one of my favorite songs. Back in 89 when I needed a handle/alias for a BBS I chose Shaft because of my love for that song. 2 years later when I started driving and using CBs, the name stuck.
A CB'er and his money are soon parted.

:ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool:

TheTeZ
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by TheTeZ » Sunday, 26 October 2008, 14:17 PM

i go by cole-slaw its an old thing with my younger bro....
and 732 on the good ol' ssb 732 = tez in that crazy youngster leet speak.

i think ive got a 3rd one too! they keep calling me mud duck! i do like playing in the mud!

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Sunday, 26 October 2008, 14:28 PM

TheTeZ wrote:i go by cole-slaw its an old thing with my younger bro....

i think ive got a 3rd one too! they keep calling me mud duck! i do like playing in the mud!
Somehow or another, I don't think they are calling you "Mudduck", because you like playing in the mud! :lol:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Texas Mobil 219
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Uniden 78

Post by Texas Mobil 219 » Sunday, 26 October 2008, 14:59 PM

They call me TATER SALAD

TheTeZ
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by TheTeZ » Sunday, 26 October 2008, 15:26 PM

jessejamesdallas wrote:
TheTeZ wrote:i go by cole-slaw its an old thing with my younger bro....

Somehow or another, I don't think they are calling you "Mudduck", because you like playing in the mud! :lol:

.... what do you mean?????

ha ha j/k nah, ive always been told i sound very nice over the radio.

Stringer
Donor
Donor

Post by Stringer » Sunday, 26 October 2008, 15:33 PM

"Stringer" has been my handle since the early 70's....Bass Player, and Custom Guitar builder, so it just seem to always fit with some aspect of my life. NO, I DON'T FISH!!!!....LMAO

Alabama Redneck
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by Alabama Redneck » Wednesday, 29 October 2008, 15:23 PM

Ive had a few cb handles, alabama redneck and ghost being the last two I was given or used. But of course there seems to be a ton of those out there, so I guess Im currently looking for a new one, hopefully one that I can stick with for a while.

lucky7
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by lucky7 » Tuesday, 11 November 2008, 23:10 PM

As a kid I was known as Lil' Bob by family and friend's (father' name is bob). Then when I got old enough to drive I bought a 86 CJ-7 and did a bunch of things to it for wheelin and drove it like I stole it :twisted: . I went by lucky at the time because of the deal I would find on things and one of my friend's called me Lucky7 one night and it stuck.

Irondog
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Cobra 142GTL, 949DX
Antenna: Dipole
Name: Rick Haven

Post subject: What is you C.B. Handle an why

Post by Irondog » Tuesday, 20 January 2009, 1:24 AM

I may be a bit late with my reply, but here it is....
I was in the U.S.M.C. in the seventies (Semper Fi) and the ReCon unit I was with called me Irondog for some strange reason. Long story on the why, but....I kept it for my cb handle.
"Dream yourself into the real world and leave the illusion behind."
Once a Marine, Always a Marine.

Storm/413
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Storm/413 » Tuesday, 20 January 2009, 6:40 AM

When I was a little boy my dad used to call me his little tiger.When I got older I had a taste for fast vehicles,mostly bikes. Once got a ticket for 142 mph OVER the posted speed limit,but thats another story for another time.
I used the handle Flyin' Tiger for years but recently had so many complaints it was too long and hard to say (?) so I use my personal which is Storm.

madsage
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Magnum S45, Cobra2K
Name: RiFFRaFF
Home Phone: 480-580-3607

nicks and handles

Post by madsage » Tuesday, 20 January 2009, 7:06 AM

My CB handle is RiffRaff, It originaly came from the Under Dog cartoon, I was always getting into trouble as a kid,
And when dad put a CB radio in the house and a 5/8th ground plane on the roof (1976), We'd get on that radio (when dad wasnt around),
And we'd cuss up a storm and try to create all kinds of H&D with the local operators. They would say, There's that "RiffRaff" again.
Before long, my brothers and sisters started calling me RiffRaff.

Madsage is a nick that came from the Commodore64 game called BardsTale. We'd stay up all night long playing this RPG,
Then when the main villian of the game was exposed, he had long wild messed up hair, very simular to what mine looked like in 1983
After an all nighter playing BardsTale on the commie64.

the 933 RiffRaff
in the stickers

HOW BOUT THOSE CARDINALS!!!
Go big RED!! W00P!! W00P!!

Stinger
Donor
Donor

Post by Stinger » Tuesday, 20 January 2009, 7:23 AM

I had not been on the air in since 1992 and got back on but did not have a handle when I keyed up. I just flat out forgot all about it. I was talking to someone local just using my numbers and he asked me what my handle was and I was. I was a little put off as I had nothing to say. I was looking at a Wilson 5000 antenna and was seeing how long the stinger was stuck into it and the handle Stinger just came out. I have had it ever since. Nothing special just got that way.

DUMMYLOAD
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: MAGNUM, RCI, FATBOY

Post by DUMMYLOAD » Tuesday, 20 January 2009, 9:04 AM

slydog wrote:I drive a dump truck for a living so a lot of the locals think I am not so smart. I am cleverer than all of them!!!!

"Cleverer".......lol! Im sure you are. If that was even a real word.

Dummyload......., its because I'm a dummy and full of, well, you get the idea.

LadyArray
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Cobra 29 LTD Classic
Antenna: Wilson 5000
Name: Patti

Re: What is you C.B. Handle an why

Post by LadyArray » Sunday, 15 March 2009, 18:37 PM

"Sleepy's Rose" in memory of my Uncle who went by the handle "Sleepy" when he was driving trucks for Wal-Mart and McNeil trucking. He died in 1999 of Colon Cancer after his long hard battle and I wanted a handle to remember him by because he was the one who taught me how to use the CB radio and got me into liking them while I would go for rides with him in his truck when he took it back to the dock to get his car when he came in from being on the road.
My other two Uncles go by "Arkansas Governor" because he is from Arkansas and always ran things or was a diplomat in certain situations. "Old Man" because he's getting old is what he told me. LOL "First Lady" is one of my Aunts who is married to Arkansas Governor and she teamed drived with him until he got another job supervising truckers. And the other Aunt is "LadyBug" and she is driving for Wal-Mart in the states AR, TX, LA, OK, KY, MO and TN. Because of my family is where I got my love for the CB and my respect for truckers while out there on the road in my 4 wheeler.
Patti :-)
"Sleepy's Rose"

PONY EXPRESS
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: GOLDEN EAGLE Mark IV

Post by PONY EXPRESS » Tuesday, 17 March 2009, 18:41 PM

WILD STALLION would be a great handle. I was just going to the hardware store for some stainless steel hardware and
seen a :drunken: bar off the side of the road with WILD STALLION name ..........perhaps you can tame your stalli :compress: n
Its not a real radio unless it has tubes and USB/LSB on the front panel ....

konvoy76
Donor
Donor
Radio: connex 4600,galaxy45

Post by konvoy76 » Tuesday, 17 March 2009, 18:52 PM

PONY EXPRESS wrote:WILD STALLION would be a great handle. I was just going to the hardware store for some stainless steel hardware and
seen a :drunken: bar off the side of the road with WILD STALLION name ..........perhaps you can tame your stalli :compress: n
thats bill and ted's excellent adventure bands name :bounce:

well i too have had a few nickname/ handles over the years, but will try to limit it a bit.

i have picked up the handle i use presently on my own. i use to have a Cherokee with 5in of lift, and use to go off road with it. i had to sell it and ended up with an AWD subaru so i figured i can't go off road anymore, all i can do is play in the grass. so i chose grasshopper.

i have also been known to use 257 in the keystone. 257 is the number of the truck i drive at work.
let a dog roam and he will find his way home.

dgbacb4148
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: shakespere Big Stick
Name: David g.

Post by dgbacb4148 » Tuesday, 17 March 2009, 22:37 PM

My 1st handle back i the late 60's was "FUEL INJECTOR" , which I shortened to F.I. because it was easy to say and a lot of people had no clue what a Fuel Injector was. At that time, I had a Black 1957 Chevrolet , Bel :flower: -Air Hardtop with the famous 283 cu in 250 HP engine which was Fuel Injected. So there you go. Prior to that one , in 1961, it was just KCF 2144, because then it was only proper to use your liscense call sign. Today, it's TRIPPLE NICKEL, no reason, it's just easy, SSB it's 555.
AKA Southwind,Tripple Nickel, DX 555. Base station Uniden Washington Philippines made/ D-104 Tug 9/ Silver Streak 150/ Pyramid Gold Series Variable 26 amp through "Old Reliable Shakespeare Big Stick"... Mobile- Cobra 25, NMO Firestik.

USAF 1959-1963/ Andrews AFB, 1001st Transportation Squadron, Maryland, home of AIR FORCE ONE. John F. Kennedy Presidential Innaguration parade 1961

[/color Image Image

Gummybear
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: 2-way baby monitor
Name: Samual

Post by Gummybear » Tuesday, 31 March 2009, 13:11 PM

My handle is: "The Hot Roddin' Gummybear!" on AM. The name was a combination of nick names I had been given growing up. My three brothers as long as I can remember have always called me either, bear or BIG bear. And a lot of girlfriends and girls in general liked to call me their Teddy bear. And when I started driving a semi my trainer called me Hot rod. I of coarse Heard alot of people using that handle and decided on something very personalized based on the a fore mentioned.

My very first Handle was the one handed man. I was 16, you guess what I was doing a lot back then.

This is the The Hot Roddin' Gummybear in the land of Lincoln, going 10-10 on the side.

killapits
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by killapits » Tuesday, 31 March 2009, 13:59 PM

mine is hawk,because i am native american and always found hawks very interesting

Mikey B
Donor
Donor
Radio: Cobra 29 WX NW ST
Name: -B-

Post by Mikey B » Tuesday, 31 March 2009, 16:22 PM

Mine is "overdrive", was already taken here so I used my name. I'm always in go mode and when I get going on something at work, I hammer down and get it done.
"We have room for but one flag, the American Flag. We have room for but one language, the English language, and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people. " - - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt.
KB1TBF
"B-DOG"

WL74
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Cobra 38 WXST
Name: Landon

Post by WL74 » Tuesday, 31 March 2009, 16:27 PM

Why do they call you mud duck? Is it because the voice is "muddy"? That's a audio engineering term lol.
Veteran, USAF

96chevblazer
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.
Radio: Uniden PC68XL
Name: Kane
Home Phone: 4197533415

Post by 96chevblazer » Tuesday, 07 April 2009, 15:44 PM

My handle is redneckranger, I know its a little long but im a redneck and my schools team name is the Rangers lol

Twink
Donor
Donor
Radio: Cobra148F/Cobra 200
Name: Reno
Home Phone: 6145577212

Post by Twink » Tuesday, 07 April 2009, 17:50 PM

they call me twink....

i'm always tearin stuff apart and i love to "tinker and tweak" things, so those two words combined became twink.... i did a search on it a week ago and apparently there's some **Censored** pink bunny cartoon named twink, almost made it my avatar, but i figured i'd get fun of waaay to much.... i found it funny though...

found this too.... i thought this was hilarious!

Dammit Wrongway! I drilled the freaking hole!

Trapper267
Donor
Donor
Radio: RCI-2995DX
Antenna: Imax 2000
Name: Scott Smith
Referrals: 3

Post by Trapper267 » Tuesday, 27 November 2012, 23:51 PM

I got the Handle Trapper two way's. I was in high school i ran a trap line and from Trapper John on Mash. There was also some local's from the south west part of Iowa where i'm originalaly from with the handles, Hawkeye, Radar, Hot Lips also taken from the Mash show.
I got my DX number from the side band club i joined in Omaha NE. Called ( USA) Short for the united sideband gluteus maxims. and my member number was 267. So being this was my first time being a member in a c-b radio club the number's just stuck. This club was going strong in the mid 70's and i'm sure that it's no longer active.

C-ya Trapp.
My Skype name is ( slingslingbinks )

Ole BB
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Radio: Cobra 25, Romar 23Ch
Antenna: 1000, Super Penetrat
Name: Bryan
Cell Phone: 901/488-6709

Re:

Post by Ole BB » Tuesday, 04 December 2012, 16:10 PM

cobra jet wrote:As a kid back in the mid 60's from the Jersey shore and my interest in oceanic life, my handle was "Shark".

Now, following a few years layoff, getting back into one of my favorite hobbies, I decided to borrow from another favorite hobby from the 60's era and my high school drive. Back then, it was a 1969 Mercury "Cyclone", hence my AM handle. The car was powered by a Ford big block know as the "Cobra Jet" with a displacement of "428" my DX handle. Now that I reside in Pennsylvania, the SSB handle is "Keystone 428".
Rock on! My dad has a "69 Mach 1 with the 428 CJ "R Code"

Tuesday, 04 December 2012, 17:16 PM
KILLROY wrote:This could be fun.

I'll start with mine. It's Killroy, It's from the end of the movie Kelly's Heros, Where you see Killroy, and it is written on the wall of the bank, Killroy was here, Up your's baby, always thought it was cool. And also from the song by STYX
Plus what better handle for a Trucker, Killroy was here, I probably was 8)
Everybody at work calls me BB because those are my initials. A while back I had forgotten my password, couldn't get things to work right on the site and had to completely reregister and couldn't use BB again. Had a coworker say "there's Ole BB" so I use that now on this forum but on the radio I go by BB.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic