No More Voicemail

Just a off topic area for people to come and post.

Moderator: JR Moderator

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Referrals: 1

No More Voicemail

Post by jessejamesdallas » Wednesday, 11 July 2018, 16:04 PM

Found a app on Google Play that is FREE, It won't stop Robo Callers from calling, but it will stop them from filling up your voicemail box, which you have to manually go in and delete.

Problem I have been having with the Robo calls, is even if I reject the call, the Robo callers still leave a message on my voicemail which I then have to call my voicemail to delete the message...Been having to do this 5 or 6 times a day, if not more!

Found a app on Google Play that basically turns off Voicemail. So now if I reject a call, or just don't answer, instead of the call going to my voicemail box, the callers phone just keeps ringing and never go's to voicemail....

The app is called "No More Voicemail" by TelTech Systems Inc. (same people who have the "Robo Killer" app.)

Free app....and, if later you want to turn voicemail back on, there's a number you just call from your cell phone that will disable the app and turn voicemail back on...If you have AT&T for example you would call ##004# from your cell phone, and then voicemail is re-activated...The app doesn't affect your Text Messaging...just voicemail.

Other carriers voicemail re-activation numbers are-
Verizon *73
T-Mobile ##004#
Sprint *730
U.S.Cellular *920

more info on "No More Voicemail"
http://www.nomorevoicemail.co/faq.html

To get the App click here:
http://www.nomorevoicemail.co/

So far, I like this app....give it 5-Stars! ****
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Beachbum24
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Galaxy DX959, 29LTD
Antenna: Browning, PAT-12
Name: Greg
Cell Phone: 331-200-0775

Re: No More Voicemail

Post by Beachbum24 » Saturday, 14 July 2018, 4:26 AM

Oh i really wanted to try this out. But it's not available for my carrier (Tracfone)

"822" Were alive and Kickin'
From the land of Lincoln

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Saturday, 14 July 2018, 7:18 AM

Beachbum24 wrote:
Saturday, 14 July 2018, 4:26 AM
Oh i really wanted to try this out. But it's not available for my carrier (Tracfone)
That too bad...So far I like the App...since I downloaded the app, I got 2 robo calls the day after, and I hit cancel, no voicemail was left, next day I only got 1 robo caller, and so far today, none!

If a robo calls a number and there is no answer either by a person or machine, then it assumes that number is not a working number and kicks it out of the system.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

MDYoungblood
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II

Post by MDYoungblood » Saturday, 14 July 2018, 8:35 AM

You could go to the carrier's website and see if they offer a "NOROBO" option, Verizon I know doesn't have one but you can block the call after you see it is a telemarketer, upto 500 numbers can be blocked I believe. I got rid of my home's landline because of the telemarketers.

Thanks for the info JJD.

3's

Greg
"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: General Lee
Antenna: Monkey Made MM6
Name: James W
Cell Phone: (208) 845-0004
Referrals: 707

Post by Bozo » Saturday, 14 July 2018, 9:02 AM

Some companies you want get voicemail from a robot to remind you of a doctor's appointment for example. And I wouldn't want my voicemails automatically deleted. I have a better suggestion on a service that I use for free called Google Voice. I get my voicemails to automatically be saved on my Google Voice account and you can have Google Voice phone number for free so when people call that number you can have multiple phones ring for you which is another added feature I like about Google Voice. I have T-Mobile and I just set up my voicemail call forwarding to go to my Google Voice phone number. You can have a Google Voice number for every Gmail account you have and you can have the Google Voice number linked to one of your phone numbers at one time. You can make phone calls using your Google Voice number from your phone. Here are some screenshots of different screens on the app

Click Here for Google Playstore download
Screenshot_20180714-095912_Google Play Store.jpg

Blurrize1531582443.png
Blurrize1531582628.png
Blurrize1531582682.png
Blurrize1531582931.png
[ Post made via Android ] Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Admin - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Support our fine sponsors!
Sign Guestbook

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Saturday, 14 July 2018, 13:43 PM

Bozo wrote:
Saturday, 14 July 2018, 9:02 AM
Some companies you want get voicemail from a robot to remind you of a doctor's appointment for example. And I wouldn't want my voicemails automatically deleted. I have a better suggestion on a service that I use for free called Google Voice. I get my voicemails to automatically be saved on my Google Voice account and you can have Google Voice phone number for free so when people call that number you can have multiple phones ring for you which is another added feature I like about Google Voice. I have T-Mobile and I just set up my voicemail call forwarding to go to my Google Voice phone number. You can have a Google Voice number for every Gmail account you have and you can have the Google Voice number linked to one of your phone numbers at one time. You can make phone calls using your Google Voice number from your phone. Here are some screenshots of different screens on the app

Click Here for Google Playstore download
Screenshot_20180714-095912_Google Play Store.jpg

Blurrize1531582443.pngBlurrize1531582628.pngBlurrize1531582682.pngBlurrize1531582931.png

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Yep, but if one of these robo callers like we get call your number, and leave a voicemail, if you had Google-voice, then they would be leaving robo-crap in more places...

With this app, your voicemails are not automatically deleted...Voicemail is basically "turned-off", so no one can leave a message. So when someone calls, after a few rings when the voicemail would normally kick-in, your call forwarding instead takes over and forwards the caller to a dummy-number and their phone just rings into infinity or till they hang up. (your phone may only ring 4 or 5 times unless you cancel the incoming call)

The Dallas area is number 2 in the Nation for robo-calls, mostly to the 214 and 972 area codes, and now the robo callers have started spoofing numbers with exchange numbers that correspond to those area codes...Like in my case, my area code is 214, followed by the exchange number 534, so now robo callers when they call, your caller-ID will show a 214-534-???? number to try and trick you into picking up the phone thinking it's someone in your area calling....And sometimes the spoofed number they use may even be your number! Twice now my phone has rang, and the caller-ID showed my number! And to make things worse, since my number is saved to my phonebook on the phone, the picture I have saved to identify whos calling will also show up on the screen....Makes ya think someone has hacked your phone!

Same thing if the robo caller spoofs someone elses number who is also saved in your phones address book, when they call that persons name shows up but it's the robo'er...(usually talking about some health insurance company"s wanting your business....I highly doubt these insurance company's are behind the robo calls, since the company's mentioned are all in competition with each other for your business they wouldn't use the same agency to try and silicate you.)

You have a valid point tho about doctor offices calling and leaving a message on your voice mail...What I would do in that case, is tell the doctors office NOT to call and leave a message...Tell them to send you a Text instead....Robo callers use text too, but not near as often. Think maybe I have got just 2 or 3 of those in a years time.

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Saturday, 14 July 2018, 13:57 PM

MDYoungblood wrote:
Saturday, 14 July 2018, 8:35 AM
You could go to the carrier's website and see if they offer a "NOROBO" option, Verizon I know doesn't have one but you can block the call after you see it is a telemarketer, upto 500 numbers can be blocked I believe. I got rid of my home's landline because of the telemarketers.

Thanks for the info JJD.

3's

Greg
Yep, that's what I was doing when I got one of these robo calls, just forward the number to my Block List...Problem is since they started doing this "spoofing" the number they use might only be used once, next time they call it's a different number...So what happens is you end up filling up your Block List to where you can't block anymore numbers till you delete the ones all ready saved..

Another option that AT&T has started doing for customers in the 972 and 214 area codes is offering you a New number that uses a Newer area code that less people have and robo callers are not interested in...Which I may end up doing, just hate to do that because that would mean having to contact allot of people to give them the new number...

MDYoungblood
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II

Post by MDYoungblood » Saturday, 14 July 2018, 17:13 PM

Yes, the phone companies made it easy for the telemarketer's to use VOIP, that is how they make their big bucks. Using Comcast for my landline I can do the same thing by blocking my phone number from view, then it shows up as a V#########'s to the called party, and if someone blocks that line I can call back and they get the same number with one digit change, isn't technology amazing.
BTW on a telemarketer call never hit the number they say to get unlisted/removed, doesn't happen, they just call more.

3's

Greg
"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Saturday, 14 July 2018, 18:30 PM

MDYoungblood wrote:
Saturday, 14 July 2018, 17:13 PM
Yes, the phone companies made it easy for the telemarketer's to use VOIP, that is how they make their big bucks. Using Comcast for my landline I can do the same thing by blocking my phone number from view, then it shows up as a V#########'s to the called party, and if someone blocks that line I can call back and they get the same number with one digit change, isn't technology amazing.
BTW on a telemarketer call never hit the number they say to get unlisted/removed, doesn't happen, they just call more.

3's

Greg
No it doesn't work to hit whatever they say to unsubscribe or be taken off their list...That's just another way they find out they have a working number to call back...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic