The CBRT/TWRC Convention
July 28 & 29, 2017

FIREBIRD METER AND UNKNOWN AMP???

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for. Go ahead and post here.

Moderator: JR Moderator

scott39654
Donor
Donor

FIREBIRD METER AND UNKNOWN AMP???

Post by scott39654 » Tuesday, 01 May 2007, 19:12 PM

ANYONE EVER HEARD OF FIREBIRD METERS I CAME ACROSS A DEAL OR SO IT SOUNDED LIKE A GOOD DEAL... I MIGHTA SHAFTED MYSELF... ( NO DISRESPECT MEANT SHAFT) I GOT A 80 FOOT TOWER WIDE ON BOTTOM SMALLER AT TOP , A UNIDEN ZACHARY T RADIO , AN UNKNOWN TUBE AMP HAS 321 ON THE FRONT ,A FIREBIRD 2000 WATT METER , AND A TURNER +3B , AND 100 FOOT OF RG8 COAX... WELL I HOOKED RADIO UP USING MY WILSON 1000 RADIO WONT KEY UP. THE TRANSMIT LIGHT COMES ON BUT WONT EVEN MOVE ANY OF MY METERS. RECEIVE WORKS GREAT... NEXT I HOOKED THE AMP UP TO MY GALAXY 33 TO THE UNKNOWN AMP " YES I RAN A 3 WIRE EXTENSION CORD OUT TO THE TRUCK" I FIGURE SOMEONE MIGHT ASK... BACK TO THE AMP IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO KEY UP MUCH ON MY METERS. BUT THAT COULD BE ME I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH TUBE TYPE STUFF... I WILL POST PICS OF UNKNOWN AMP SOON...MAYBE SOME OF YA'LL CAN IDENTIFY IT FOR ME ANY WAYYYYYYYYYYY HE WAS ASKING $325.00 FOR ALL SO I FELL FOR IT AND BOUGHT IT ALL... I APPRECIATE YA'LLS TIME WITH MY RAMBLIN... I CANT SAY THIS ENOUGH THIS FORUM IS GREAT...
SCOTT

LOCALLY "TRIPLE 3"

WHEN SKIP IS ROLLING "843" IN THE MAGNOLIA STATE

scott39654
Donor
Donor

update on amp

Post by scott39654 » Tuesday, 01 May 2007, 20:49 PM

the unknown amp has 1 rca 6jsc6c tube in the rear and 3 rca jsc6c tubes towards front of amp... oh yeah amp has 321 on the front other than that no markings at all no tags on back or inside... hope ya';; can help
SCOTT

LOCALLY "TRIPLE 3"

WHEN SKIP IS ROLLING "843" IN THE MAGNOLIA STATE

triple7wva
Donor
Donor

Post by triple7wva » Wednesday, 09 May 2007, 4:04 AM

did you load and tune the box up? tubeamps like that key low and swing high. my maco 745 has 6 6ql6's in it and it keys about 100 watts on high and swings to about 995-1000 if i drive it hard and tune it out all way........you might have a old heathkit there. cant be sure without seing pics....Jas
"droppin' that big DC hammer"

the king with the most swing...well maybe one day..lo

l

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic