galaxy 919 needs repaired

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for. Go ahead and post here.

Moderator: JR Moderator

d-minus
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: cobra 29ltd
Name: Daniel

galaxy 919 needs repaired

Post by d-minus » Friday, 24 February 2017, 21:39 PM

I just got a galaxy 919 a fellow gave me. The meter light is burned out and some body has spread all 5 bare copper coils in the back of the radio. I have got some on air reports and they say it sounds clear. Now what coil or coils should be spread from the factory and would it help to push the coils back together. I took the bezel off of the radio and took out the meter to see how to fix the meter light. On the board where the light is it says (lamp) and below that it says (tx lamp) but it looks like there has never been a lamp there. So correct me if i am wrong but can i replace the lamp that is burned out with a colored lamp say green and then put another colored lamp say blue in the spot where it says tx lamp and it will turn blue when i transmit, is this correct. This is my first galaxy radio so i am not sure this is right. Everything else works on the radio. The orginal mic did not come with it, will another mic sound good on the radio or would the galaxy mic be better. mfg date 2005 made in china. Thanks for any help guys. D-minus

MDYoungblood
Logged in via: iPad
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg

Re: galaxy 919 needs repaired

Post by MDYoungblood » Monday, 27 February 2017, 14:57 PM

The 919 is the no frills Galaxy but they share the same board, I'm pretty sure the dual light led will work at the meter. Any of the 4 pin Cobra/Uniden/Galaxy mics will work.

3's

Greg
ImageImageImage

"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment

Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department

d-minus
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: cobra 29ltd
Name: Daniel

Re: galaxy 919 needs repaired

Post by d-minus » Monday, 27 February 2017, 17:36 PM

Thanks, MDyoungblood was hoping the duel lights would work. Again thanks for your time. Daniel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic