Slip Seat Box?

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for. Go ahead and post here.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Approach
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Slip Seat Box?

Post by Approach » Thursday, 28 February 2008, 0:17 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion how to build a small Slip Seat Box? Is there a drawing someonewhere I can follow? Can you make it out of wood? What materials should I use -- so I can avoid interference and static.. TY

Daddyroccop
Donor
Donor

Post by Daddyroccop » Thursday, 28 February 2008, 3:54 AM

I have never seen plans for a slip seat box..I have seen some home made ones though...I have seen several slip seat boxes on our sponsors websites that may be worth looking into. I found these two pretty quick on the websites...I am sure most have them in there shops so you can call anyone and ask about them.

http://www.gijoesradioelectronics.com/s ... tegory=127
http://www.**NON-SPONSOR**/shop/?shop=1&cat=62&cart=950679
Mr. 713 in the Hudson Valley
Rollin Rock wavin a hand
"As a Man thinks in his Heart So He is."

WWW.SPARKYSCBSHACK.COM
WWW.SPARKYSCBSHACK.COM

grape ape
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by grape ape » Thursday, 28 February 2008, 7:02 AM

I know there are allot of homemade boxes too. I would look for some in a local CB shop or some peoples setups before you make one. You can contact coondog he has one in his truck.
I hope this helps
Grape ape

Hazelnut 7201
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: General Lee

Post by Hazelnut 7201 » Friday, 29 February 2008, 9:57 AM

I found my first slip seat box at Menard's, with the tool boxes. Mine looks like an aluminum brief case. I put it on the right seat and buckle it in with the seat belt. There is room for small tools and supplies and the maps and paperwork fit nicely in the lid of the box. The biggest disadvantage is with the occasional rider, the box has to go.

Wood will work fine for a slip seat box, it is not a resonant as metal (won't rattle as much). Be careful not to make it too heavy, the radio equipment will get heavy faster than you think. Also, make some provision to strap it down, if an accident doesn't kill you the radio box might.

"What materials should I use" I would say use what ever material you are comfortable working with. Take a look at some of the commercial units, at $100 or so it, the material, hinges, handles, and hasps can add up to almost or more. Then you still have to put it together. Most of the commercial units have the dimensions listed. I don't mean to discourage you, the satisfaction of building one yourself is worth a lot.

Good luck,

Hazelnut

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic